Users online: 0

Guests online: 30
Total online: 30
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  Classic Threads  |   Page 7 of 8 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
The Official Forum Guidelines Topic
bubblebel
PostPosted: 06 January 2004 - 02:30:00 (145)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

!-- BBCode Quote Start -->
Quote:
]
On 2004-01-05 23:18, jonilj wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-01-05 23:07, djshy wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-01-05 22:51, frostdude1 wrote:
Bubblel ignore him :razz:

Hes the one that is acting like a noob .... the newbies here are much more effective than u r to this site jonilj wink

omg i die!

i dont know how it is with joni, but me personally differ a newbie from n00b. newbie is a guy or chick that is new to the site, without knowing of teh basic principles and beliefs of the here-living nation. and teh n00b is a stupid fuck that acts like fuck, childish and embarassingly stupid. or someone who knows shit about stuff hes talking about and hes making himself important or teh wisest omgman.

Exactly. There's difference between a n00b and a newbie... Well put.

[/quote]

...a-ha! I see! Thanks for sharing that with me guys - in that case you have my full support though I figure you DO realize that "nOOb'" for all intentz and purposes coverz @ least 40% of the users on the site? Don't you think it might be an idea to make the differentiation between "newbie" and "nOOb" rather clearer too? Or better still conjure up an entirely different term for the *** who drag this site down? Oh - and when can we start nam...nah - scrap that - don't wanna in"flame" the situation!

...thanks again for the clarification and you've both just shot back up in mine estimation - yeah I know honourz don't come much higher than that (cough cough wink)

BEL happy

Enough sorrow to make you human and
Enough hope to make you happy"
frostdude1
PostPosted: 06 January 2004 - 03:03:00 (168)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Its all good .... nobody bother themself :razz:

PostPosted: 06 January 2004 - 04:44:00 (238)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Quote:

On 2003-12-26 02:05, FunkyGunther wrote:
What about scrapping the Latest Topics list? It's a useless addition that no other forums have, or need. Along with the fact it makes good topics die quicker, it encourages laziness and is only good for the idle among us who can't be bothered to click on 'Forum'

Totally agree on this one!!
It would also be nice with create date and last posted date in the forum!

This topic was really amusing until some peps went nuts and starting bashing at each other. Well isn't that just so dumb to do in THIS topic?

[ Edited by: Bexbex on 2004-01-06 02:07 ]
Bexbex is popping by
DjM
PostPosted: 06 January 2004 - 12:39:00 (568)  Reply with quote
T.nu Staff

Dont understand why people shouldnt be allowed to post Birthday threads. Really not a problem and not worth spending time on...more serious issues to fix.

When it comes to ASOT. I've already told tommie that i want an own section on the board for ASOT, just like for classsic threads. A Section where WE make a headliner for each asot show and where the members reply in this thread. This makes it very clean and simple. U only have to check one thread and there will be no duplication. ASOT will not be a problem after this has been implemented.

Frostdude1: You dont have to defend your glory...you are a powerposter...deal with it...ure postings are mostly harmless but you post way to much useless shit like in the ASOT threads and that leads to the fact that other members might get pissed off. I got nothing against you so dont go tripping now, but im telling you the truth.Thats just the way it is. happy

[ Edited by: DjM on 2004-01-06 09:41 ]
djmoore
PostPosted: 06 January 2004 - 15:23:00 (682)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

An ASOT section on the forums would be really great.

PostPosted: 06 January 2004 - 17:04:00 (752)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Quote:

On 2004-01-06 09:39, DjM wrote:
Dont understand why people shouldnt be allowed to post Birthday threads. Really not a problem and not worth spending time on...more serious issues to fix.

When it comes to ASOT. I've already told tommie that i want an own section on the board for ASOT, just like for classsic threads. A Section where WE make a headliner for each asot show and where the members reply in this thread. This makes it very clean and simple. U only have to check one thread and there will be no duplication. ASOT will not be a problem after this has been implemented.

Frostdude1: You dont have to defend your glory...you are a powerposter...deal with it...ure postings are mostly harmless but you post way to much useless shit like in the ASOT threads and that leads to the fact that other members might get pissed off. I got nothing against you so dont go tripping now, but im telling you the truth.Thats just the way it is. happy

<font size=1>[ Edited by: DjM on 2004-01-06 09:41 ]</font>

...hey hon I ENTIRELY agree on what you've said (though I'm keeping outta the last paragraph first line wink) but you know in all fairness if we're gonna start raising the issue of the "useless sh*t" which may OR may not "p*ss off other users" then you know I can think of FAR FAR FAR worse topics AND users to get the ball rolling...so if we're gonna start naming names here...

...so whilst you're absolutely on the right lines you know itz a slippery slope downwards trying to identify and modify human behaviour out there - all we can do is try to enforce site rules - EVEN HANDEDLY - and as far as I can see thatz wotz sadly lacking here - a sense of equanimity...

BUBBLEBEL...

DjM
PostPosted: 06 January 2004 - 17:26:00 (768)  Reply with quote
T.nu Staff

i know there is far worse things but i chose to comment this spesific case since it already has been mentioned in this thread. Frosty is not a big problem on this site and there are far worse matters to take care of but im just trying to give frosty a little hint. The thing is that frostys endless postings leads to other members bashing him...wich we dont want and it also leads to people getting tired of surfing the board because of pointless postings. Like i said....got nothing against frostdude and i didnt write this to bash him...but others will if he continues.

PostPosted: 07 January 2004 - 00:53:00 (078)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Quote:

On 2004-01-06 14:26, DjM wrote:
i know there is far worse things but i chose to comment this spesific case since it already has been mentioned in this thread. Frosty is not a big problem on this site and there are far worse matters to take care of but im just trying to give frosty a little hint. The thing is that frostys endless postings leads to other members bashing him...wich we dont want and it also leads to people getting tired of surfing the board because of pointless postings. Like i said....got nothing against frostdude and i didnt write this to bash him...but others will if he continues.

...as ever Espie wink clear, concise and constructive comments which hopefully those who read them will find helpful and illuminating as I did wink BUT - in all fairness - don't you think some neutral middle ground which rises above the situation would simply be to remove pointless postings as the admins see fit? After all in the general trance/discussion forum it DOES say "pointless posts will be removed" so perhapz that needz to be enforced - the current situation seems to be a case of crying over spilt milk - namely moaning about the situation AFTER itz occured - and like we've already discussed before any finger pointing (which I know you're not deliberately doing) needs to be done in the other direction too - that is it "takes two to tango" as we say over here wink

...and to get really specific - I just feel that the entire Frosty bashing fest has become the most vicious form of online bully quite frankly I've ever seen and itz just downright shameful - perhapz he's guilty of this, that or the other - but I can't help thinking that the original source of the bitching and backstabbing has just fed on itself and now itz a general free for all - I mean for *** sake there was a true newbie (just done 3 posts and joined recently) who was bashing him - what kind of example is that to set and be followed by new users eh? So you're telling me that this kind of user is to be listened to and acted upon? Perhapz to engender some kind of fairness BOTH sources of the grievance should be given one last warning - and then itz down to them - I seem to recall both have previously vowed to leave but haven't - perhaps D-day should be brought forward and give us all some much needed *** peace around here - if only for a day or so wink But like I make clear before - if itz a case of powerposting v online bullying - which would YOU rather be on the receiving end of?

...but you know these are just exchanges of viewz and itz a pleasure to exchange ideas with one of the rarer users here who can actually see BOTH sides of the agenda (notice I don't use the word "argument" here wink) AND post to that effect...

...and just a final note - as far as I can see - unless users are posting prolific profanity (as opposed to smileys/choon/omg/and all that other trance.nu mafia lingo then if users are getting annoyed by that - then thatz their problem quite frankly - isnt this supposed to be a democracy where we promote tolerance? (cue dancemania with his now infamous "site rules in bold letters" happy)

BEL...

frostdude1
PostPosted: 07 January 2004 - 02:01:00 (125)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Djm I get wut u mean wink

But when you talk about ASOT ... There hasnt been a real ASOT for 1 month and the one that broadcasted with the Top 25 all I did was do the tracklist and after I lfet it got way out of hand it had to be locked so I had nothing to do with that :razz:

But ofcourse nobody mentions the names of the people that fucked that thread up :roll:

PostPosted: 07 January 2004 - 20:31:00 (896)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Quote:

On 2004-01-06 23:01, frostdude1 wrote:

But ofcourse nobody mentions the names of the people that fucked that thread up :roll:

dj bza has already made his apologies in this thread, a couple of pages ago... and I admit that I shouldn't have posted the same message 5 times..

When I go forwards, you go backwards and somewhere we will meet... (T. Yorke - 1997)
djshy
PostPosted: 07 January 2004 - 21:17:00 (928)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Quote:

On 2004-01-06 23:01, frostdude1 wrote:

... all I did was do the tracklist and after I lfet ...

eh, but you made another post, every single time there was an update in a tracklist... so the people confused by the posts of djbza and others (no offence to anyone) had to click through loads of useless shit to get the name of a song.

teh idea with asot forum with asot topics managed by admin is great. no matter what will be the skills of the tracklistings guy of the specific topic and no matter how much shit he/she will post in that topic, the tracklist SHOULD definitely stay on the first page of the topic.

djshy
frostdude1
PostPosted: 08 January 2004 - 03:00:00 (166)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

If Trance.nu was fast ... I swear to god I would put it all in one post because then you can see it and go post in the other pages ... but its as slow as fuck and you can only look on the latest page or you have to wait like a minute to refresh especially during ASOT when there is like 180 people on wink

PostPosted: 08 January 2004 - 08:57:00 (414)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Tommorow ASOT dracula teeth

PostPosted: 08 January 2004 - 14:20:00 (638)  Reply with quote
T.nu Staff

hehe....it's all good....

PostPosted: 08 January 2004 - 16:55:00 (746)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Quote:

On 2003-12-26 02:05, FunkyGunther wrote:
What about scrapping the Latest Topics list? It's a useless addition that no other forums have, or need. Along with the fact it makes good topics die quicker, it encourages laziness and is only good for the idle among us who can't be bothered to click on 'Forum'

Really good idea. Would definately reduce topics that are the exact same, and it would keep the best forums on top for a longer period.

Instead of the latest topics, there could just be links to the different forums (so you'd reach them faster).

I think many of the guidelines are good - as mentioned it's just harder to maintain them.
It'll be a tough job for the admins to execute this on every thread, but it'd be good with some guidelines.

I don't think the birthday topics are a big issue - we are not even talking percentages of the topics posted.