Users online: 0

Guests online: 257
Total online: 257
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  Classic Threads  |   Page 1 of 8 | Jump To >> | Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
The Official Forum Guidelines Topic
afterhourpower
PostPosted: 26 December 2003 - 04:58:00 (248)  Reply with quote
T.nu HeadAdmin

History
Since there has been alot of bashing and misunderstandings going on in the forum and it's christmas anyway, I thought why let's not build a constructive topic together with all people involved about a serious discussion on the forum guidelines. Together we can set a list of rules which have not been stated yet in the current rules, but are needed to keep this forum fun and friendly for everyone.

The concept
We set together a basic set of rules, used as a reference guide for later. Since there's a big empty space between what's written in the rules and what's really happening on the forum. We will write in this topic the rules and general behaviour that would best fit in this forum. I'll give some examples of rules (with an explanation for each of them) that I think nobody will disagree with. Feel free to add rules by replying on this topic or by sending a PM.
Note: I'm not on a powertrip wink, just trying to get a more general agreement on the way of behaviour.

Purpose
This guide can be used as a future reference for all people to guide them in the forum and to point out their mistakes in a POSITIVE way. Because that's what we need, a positive approach on this forum. And since there's always been a disagreeement by all people about every sort of behaviour it's time to sort this out.

1. Please don't use write topic titles in CAPS LOCKS.
Why? It looks like you are shouting and makes the forum look messy.

2. Always use forum search before posting a new topic!
Why? The amount of double topics is huge at the moment. Please post all your reactions on a subject in one topic please. This keeps the forum cleaner.

3. Please don't make happy birthday threads
Why? There's a great feature called PM and Guestbook to send the user a message. Taking into consideration that there's birthdays of users every day, this will make massive amounts of birthday threads.

4. Edit tracklistings of currently broadcasted radio shows on the first post of the topic!
Why? Editing the tracklist on the first post makes it easier to see what has been played, how far the show is running and people who missed it can easily see what they have missed. Making a new post for every track causes a mess no-one can navigate in.

5. Please reply to the original subject.
Why? People often foget to read the actual subject/question before answering. For example someones asks to about a certain track. Don't go talk about other stuff like ur personal life or anything else. It's off-topic and that stuff can be taken into PM.

6. Make topic titles referrable to the subject!
Why? By seeing the topic title "Hot or Not", "Click This", "Question" doesn't give any info. Name the actual subject/track/artist name.

7. Make sensible posts and add arguments to your posts.
Why? The forum is not a chatbox, so replies like CHOOON!1, IT SUCKS, I HATE TIESTO etc etc. don't add to the discussion, simply because they lack arguments. U will see the more/stronger arguments, the higher level of quality a discussion will be, which will be more enjoyable for all of us.

8. When quoting, only quote the part of the post you reply to.
Why? Otherwise unnecessary long quotes will fill ur screen and makes the lay-out harder to navigate and it's harder to see action -> reaction. Also counts for quoting a tracklist, only quote the track u talk about.

9. Limit the number of smileys in topics to about 1 per 3 or 4 lines. Why? Not only exessive and repetitive smileys annoying, too many of them actually slow down people's computers.

10. When posting a picture, make sure it fits within the forum, if it doesn't link it with the url tag inste of the img tag.
why? Simply because it messes up the layout of the forum and it is annoying for user with dialup to load large pictures that they may not want to see.

Note: please reply with ur rule-suggestions including reason in this topic or send it by PM. The more discussion, the better. I'm not so naive that I tink this will solve all problems, but it might be a good start wouldnt it. Bullshit replies will be removed.

Thank you for your attention and have a great Boxing Day.

<font size=1>[ Edited by: afterhourpower on 2003-12-26 01:58 ]</font>

<font size=1>[ Edited by: afterhourpower on 2003-12-26 02:01 ]</font>

<font size=1>[ Edited by: afterhourpower on 2003-12-26 03:03 ]</font>

<font size=1>[ Edited by: afterhourpower on 2003-12-26 03:03 ]</font>

[ Edited by: afterhourpower on 2003-12-26 12:07 ]
afterhourpower checkin it out
DjBza
PostPosted: 26 December 2003 - 05:01:00 (250)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Now this is some schmart thinking Tim. A great idea and a move in the right direction. I think many users at t.nu will have many good ideas of how to improve stuff. And as u have said, u will be able to refer to this topic when people need to get their mind straighten up.

ATM, I don't have much too add as another rule but if I get something that I think is worth mentioning I will get back to u with it. All and all, very good idea and rules!
DjBza buzzalish
Jasperovitsj
PostPosted: 26 December 2003 - 05:03:00 (252)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Quote:

On 2003-12-26 01:58, afterhourpower wrote:

4. Edit tracklistings of currently broadcasted radio shows on the first post of the topic!
Why? Editing the tracklist on the first post makes it easier to see what has been played, how far the show is running and people who missed it can easily see what they have missed. Making a new post for every track causes a mess no-one can navigate in.

This would be pure bliss!! It would reduce powerposting, 20-page topics and the highly annoying OMG CHOOON!!!11 posts that directly emerge from them!!!

But my question by all these rules: How strict will they be followed, and who's going to make sure no one breaks them?

www.dj-vega.tk
...Progression is inevitable...
afterhourpower
PostPosted: 26 December 2003 - 05:05:00 (253)  Reply with quote
T.nu HeadAdmin

Quote:

On 2003-12-26 02:03, Jasperovitsj wrote:
This would be pure bliss!! It would reduce powerposting, 20-page topics and the highly annoying OMG CHOOON!!!11 posts that directly emerge from them!!!

But my question by all these rules: How strict will they be followed, and who's going to make sure no one breaks them?

Dunno, PM an admin or something. The meaning of these rules is to be followed as strictly as possible, if everyone agrees. It's a point to take care of later. thanks for feedback anyway!

FunkyGunther
T.nu Member

What about scrapping the Latest Topics list? It's a useless addition that no other forums have, or need. Along with the fact it makes good topics die quicker, it encourages laziness and is only good for the idle among us who can't be bothered to click on 'Forum'

syozza
T.nu Member

is the forum search going to be improved? i find it difficult and long winded.

also 5. bah sumtimes its funny to make a comment, u know not like awful comments and totally off subject, but to be light hearted for me is enjoyable

Transfixtion radio, every Wednesday GMT:
8-9 "Yozza Presents - GST"
9-11 Dave Webster, Every Friday.
Jasperovitsj
PostPosted: 26 December 2003 - 05:06:00 (254)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

BTW, A suggestion I made a few topics down:

And BTW, another solution would be a post-clock like they have on other boards. There you can only make a post every 1 or 2 or even 5 minutes since your last one. That would ease powrposters down a bit, especially in the ASOT topics...

www.dj-vega.tk
DjBza
PostPosted: 26 December 2003 - 05:10:00 (256)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

^ Great idea and FunkyGunther's also!
DjBza buzzalish
afterhourpower
PostPosted: 26 December 2003 - 05:10:00 (256)  Reply with quote
T.nu HeadAdmin

Quote:

On 2003-12-26 02:06, Jasperovitsj wrote:
BTW, A suggestion I made a few topics down:

And BTW, another solution would be a post-clock like they have on other boards. There you can only make a post every 1 or 2 or even 5 minutes since your last one. That would ease powrposters down a bit, especially in the ASOT topics...

nice idea, but it's quite a technical implant I think. I was referring to general rules and behaviour on the forum. To get it more in one line and a sort of general agreement on what can be done and what not.

afterhourpower
PostPosted: 26 December 2003 - 05:13:00 (259)  Reply with quote
T.nu HeadAdmin

Quote:

On 2003-12-26 02:05, FunkyGunther wrote:
What about scrapping the Latest Topics list? It's a useless addition that no other forums have, or need. Along with the fact it makes good topics die quicker, it encourages laziness and is only good for the idle among us who can't be bothered to click on 'Forum'

Nice idea, it's not a guideline/rule, but I think we can all agree that your when ur topic bumps out of the latest topics box, u can most probably count on it that there won't be any replies anymore. sad smilie

Jasperovitsj
PostPosted: 26 December 2003 - 05:16:00 (261)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

And aother thing, dunno if it's possible though, is o bring back the little feature in the Forum section that made you able to see whom the last user was that posted in a topic. A lot of powerposting goes on in older topics that no one really cares about anymore, and that feature makes it possible to see if anyone abuses that technique. But now it's gone, can't it come back?

www.dj-vega.tk
Samuelzone
PostPosted: 26 December 2003 - 05:16:00 (261)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

sounds good even if i don't think this will help very much . .
i know that there's a bunch of serious trance intressted peeps on this boards who's always posting good posts and stuff but it seems to be way to much idiots here too . . sadly !
the admins should really delete some more member accounts cuz there's always 20+ shitty posts here everyday , often posted by the same person/s . .

and btw , asot topics should be forbidden cuz frosty & co are like kids when they read headlines like 'ASOT ***' . .
serioulsy , it's sad that this great site have developed into a powerposting forum in just a couple of months . .

over & out . .

PostPosted: 26 December 2003 - 05:18:00 (262)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Quote:

On 2003-12-26 02:13, afterhourpower wrote:
when ur topic bumps out of the latest topics box, u can most probably count on it that there won't be any replies anymore. sad smilie

Exactly, so why is it still there? So people from other site's can see how great some of the posts in our forum are without even going to it?

Then again, we can all just sit here and whinge about rules and ettiquette until we're blue in the face, fat chance if anything actually changes.

afterhourpower
PostPosted: 26 December 2003 - 05:19:00 (263)  Reply with quote
T.nu HeadAdmin

Quote:

On 2003-12-26 02:16, Samuelzone wrote:
sounds good even if i don't think this will help very much . .
i know that there's a bunch of serious trance intressted peeps on this boards who's always posting good posts and stuff but it seems to be way to much idiots here too . . sadly !
the admins should really delete some more member accounts cuz there's always 20+ shitty posts here everyday , often posted by the same person/s . .

and btw , asot topics should be forbidden cuz frosty & co are like kids when they read headlines like 'ASOT ***' . .
serioulsy , it's sad that this great site have developed into a powerposting forum in just a couple of months . .

over & out . .

Yep we all know the situation here, but that's not where this topic is meant for. To forbid ASOT topics shouldnt be necessary when the above rules I made are followed. Like rule #4 and #7.

Thanks for the input tough

HiZ
PostPosted: 26 December 2003 - 05:19:00 (263)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

cut out and stop the pointless replies that just take up space. for example, in the 'Human Traffic' topic, two people replied to the topic taht basically said "I haven't seen it". erm, ok, but that doesn't help us any. I guess this is basically #7, but I just though I'd add to it.