Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  Trance.nu suggestions  |   Page 1 of 1 | Jump To >> |
comparing the music-orientation
Yaroukh
PostPosted: 14 November 2001 - 08:34:00 (398)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I guess I know a lot of great trance music ... But I'm sure there are still many great tunes that I have missed.

Sometimes I get a recommendation for some tunes ... But almost everytime I don't like none of them. (The reason is probably in bad recognization of music categories/genres. No matter what ...) And this means waste of time, money.

I think to myself: wouldn't it be nice if I knew whose recommendations worth of following ? If you think the same, check this (29kB PNG). Check the percent - and you know that the tunes of this user will be (or will not) the right thing for your ears and mind ...

(I have written the code already (PHP+MySQL) - it is easy to implement - I only don't know where ... I emailed this as a suggestion to tommie.nu, but the mail-server seems to be down => undeliverable.)

[ This Message was edited by: Yaroukh on 2001-11-14 05:35 ]
Joris
PostPosted: 14 November 2001 - 09:17:00 (428)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

well good thing, but what if i heard lets say 'maurice - feline' and i think it's an grrrrreat track, how will someone back me up, cuz i don't think everybody knows this track.

i mean, everybody knows tiesto and ferry and armin and ian van dahl so everybody says they are good so they get a high ranking, but an not so known track won't get high in the ranking... it's like mp3.com, once you get number one, you never get down cuz everybody downloads your song and not the other...

do you get what i mean?

PostPosted: 14 November 2001 - 10:51:00 (493)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I guess I do understand. But: it is not about song's rating - it is about the "match-ratio" between two users. If you check the screenshot, you can see, that the percentage is related to USER - not to SONG.

If the ratio between you and Triton is high, than you can (almost clown raly that you will love the one song Triton has and you don't have (on the screenshot it is "Hale Bopp" by Dritte Raum). No matter how many users does know the tune.

Is it clear now ? wow)

[ This Message was edited by: Yaroukh on 2001-11-14 07:52 ]
Yaroukh
PostPosted: 14 November 2001 - 10:57:00 (497)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

It's like: "Show me your favourite tunes ... hmmm, I know this one ... and this one, this one. But I don't know this one." - "We have quite similar taste - I guess you will like it too."