Users online: 0

Guests online: 91
Total online: 91
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  How do I produce?  |   Page 4 of 5 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
good tip for making hard sounding bass drums
Tsvi
PostPosted: 06 February 2007 - 20:11:57 (883)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

kicks are overrated
Tsvi has left the building
djeru
PostPosted: 06 February 2007 - 22:02:45 (960)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Matsya wrote:
Heh...

How do you check the kick's waveform in Reason 3.0?

That's the only software I have... blushing

open up a drum sample in audacity, change it, re-save it, re-load the sample into one of the drum machines, and work from there.

audacity is free. yay.
Matsya
PostPosted: 10 February 2007 - 02:31:19 (146)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Ooh, thank you, djeru. grin2
montyez
PostPosted: 05 March 2007 - 11:04:52 (503)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

im using fl studio, some1 assit with l-vees info?

http://www.myspace.com/adammontyez
goldshlager
PostPosted: 03 April 2007 - 10:42:40 (487)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

when you say a 2 or 3 ms delay on the lower part do you mean delay like an echo? or delay like delay the whole track.....and move the whole track back 2 or 3 ms? thanks
grF
PostPosted: 05 April 2007 - 01:52:50 (120)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Hey, thanks alot for the tip. Did not fully get the teqnical part though. I don't know, I must be slightly retarded or simething, but I'm waiting for a picture illustration, hehe. satisfied

Funny though, I have been trying and trying to get that extra fat bass kick, kinda Tommy Pulse "fatness" satisfied Than I saw this! Thank you!

thumbsup

There is no god! There is only music!
Lvee
PostPosted: 20 June 2007 - 11:12:51 (508)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

for the book I'm planning to release next year, I'll explain how to make that with synths and no samples anymore... My goal is either making a book, or videos.

I think I'll need help, a lot of it, for video editing or good writing... or either you guys will have to be patient!!

L.
Lvee cannot see your private messages on trance.nu, please drop me an e-mail instead. Thank you
bassmeister
PostPosted: 20 June 2007 - 11:27:37 (519)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Lvee wrote:
for the book I'm planning to release next year, I'll explain how to make that with synths and no samples anymore... My goal is either making a book, or videos.

I think I'll need help, a lot of it, for video editing or good writing... or either you guys will have to be patient!!

L.

I can help you with video editing cool
Lvee
PostPosted: 20 June 2007 - 13:54:08 (620)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

interesting, can you also do voice-off recording based on text?? I see you're from the uk, and my accent sucks.

L.
Lvee cannot see your private messages on trance.nu, please drop me an e-mail instead. Thank you
bassmeister
PostPosted: 20 June 2007 - 16:26:51 (726)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

haha.. shouldn't be a problem wink
adone
PostPosted: 10 October 2007 - 17:00:54 (750)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Air: If ya need help with some graphics for intro, outro, and also for in the movie, gimmi a call. I work as a fulltime Webdesigner and could assist with that happy drop me a pm or something and you can get my MSN if interested, and I can show ya few things ive done.

adone

PostPosted: 13 October 2007 - 17:21:49 (765)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Lvee wrote:

L.

I write. My English is good enough, and I know some native Brits should I get things wrong. Besides, I do a bit of producing myself and I had no problem understanding your tutorial so far, and working with you sounds cool. Let me know if you need help with that writing.
_andy very much alive.
montyez
PostPosted: 26 October 2007 - 09:47:10 (449)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Silly question, i have never used anytype of filter on my kicks and they seem to sound fine, would filtering a kick in someway improve it? ive often wondered but thought it may be silly question lol?

rusch
PostPosted: 26 October 2007 - 10:23:07 (474)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

montyez wrote:
Silly question, i have never used anytype of filter on my kicks and they seem to sound fine, would filtering a kick in someway improve it? ive often wondered but thought it may be silly question lol?

Well, EQ being a sort of filter (and vice versa), enhancing certain frequencies will of course shape the sound of your kick. Boosting a kick around 200-250Hz (I'm speaking very roughly here, of course, given that this highly depends on the nature of the kick) will boost the hardness of your kick, boosting around 80-90Hz (again, very roughly) will boost the deep thump of your kick, and boosting the mid and higher frequencies will boost snap/click of your kick. As always though, if you can cut together a kick that sounds as close as possible to how you want it to sound in the first place, that is preferable.

http://www.christianrusch.comhttp://www.youtube.com/chrirus2006
rusch : Make today count.
montyez
PostPosted: 26 October 2007 - 17:20:13 (764)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

rusch wrote:
montyez wrote:

Well, EQ being a sort of filter (and vice versa), enhancing certain frequencies will of course shape the sound of your kick. Boosting a kick around 200-250Hz (I'm speaking very roughly here, of course, given that this highly depends on the nature of the kick) will boost the hardness of your kick, boosting around 80-90Hz (again, very roughly) will boost the deep thump of your kick, and boosting the mid and higher frequencies will boost snap/click of your kick. As always though, if you can cut together a kick that sounds as close as possible to how you want it to sound in the first place, that is preferable.

Thanks rusch, i must be blunt and say i use FL and when you say boost around 200 etc. i kinda get lost lol im not up with the lingo and i am forever in doubt because i hate making people break down what they mean because i do no comprehend exactly, would u advise were abouts and how you mean usin fl? plz?