Logged in as Guest, please register | 17 August 2019 - 14:00:45 (625) GMT 1
Users online: 0
 
 
Guests online: 91
Total online: 91
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification
Messages
Messages
 
Latest Topics
<  How do I produce?  |   Page 4 of 5 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
good tip for making hard sounding bass drums
Tsvi
PostPosted: 06 February 2007 - 20:11:57 (883)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 83.05
Posts: 6950
kicks are overrated
Back to top
Tsvi has left the building
djeru
PostPosted: 06 February 2007 - 22:02:45 (960)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 0.00
Posts: 190
Matsya wrote:
Heh...

How do you check the kick's waveform in Reason 3.0?

That's the only software I have... blushing


open up a drum sample in audacity, change it, re-save it, re-load the sample into one of the drum machines, and work from there.

audacity is free. yay.
Back to top
Matsya
PostPosted: 10 February 2007 - 02:31:19 (146)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 10.15
Posts: 6
Ooh, thank you, djeru. grin2
Back to top
montyez
PostPosted: 05 March 2007 - 11:04:52 (503)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 31.60
Posts: 2822
im using fl studio, some1 assit with l-vees info?

_________________


http://www.myspace.com/adammontyez
Back to top
goldshlager
PostPosted: 03 April 2007 - 10:42:40 (487)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 13.15
Posts: 20
when you say a 2 or 3 ms delay on the lower part do you mean delay like an echo? or delay like delay the whole track.....and move the whole track back 2 or 3 ms? thanks
Back to top
grF
PostPosted: 05 April 2007 - 01:52:50 (120)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 12.05
Posts: 8
Hey, thanks alot for the tip. Did not fully get the teqnical part though. I don't know, I must be slightly retarded or simething, but I'm waiting for a picture illustration, hehe. satisfied

Funny though, I have been trying and trying to get that extra fat bass kick, kinda Tommy Pulse "fatness" satisfied Than I saw this! Thank you!

thumbsup

_________________
The repeating beats of the mind expanding electro music, makes you feel what ever you want to feel. It takes you there, so that you do not live to listen, you listen to live, to love...

There is no god! There is only music!
Back to top
Lvee
PostPosted: 20 June 2007 - 11:12:51 (508)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 72.90
Posts: 293
for the book I'm planning to release next year, I'll explain how to make that with synths and no samples anymore... My goal is either making a book, or videos.

I think I'll need help, a lot of it, for video editing or good writing... or either you guys will have to be patient!!

L.
Back to top
Lvee cannot see your private messages on trance.nu, please drop me an e-mail instead. Thank you
bassmeister
PostPosted: 20 June 2007 - 11:27:37 (519)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 18.65
Posts: 413
Lvee wrote:
for the book I'm planning to release next year, I'll explain how to make that with synths and no samples anymore... My goal is either making a book, or videos.

I think I'll need help, a lot of it, for video editing or good writing... or either you guys will have to be patient!!

L.


I can help you with video editing cool
Back to top
Lvee
PostPosted: 20 June 2007 - 13:54:08 (620)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 72.90
Posts: 293
interesting, can you also do voice-off recording based on text?? I see you're from the uk, and my accent sucks.

L.
Back to top
Lvee cannot see your private messages on trance.nu, please drop me an e-mail instead. Thank you
bassmeister
PostPosted: 20 June 2007 - 16:26:51 (726)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 18.65
Posts: 413
haha.. shouldn't be a problem wink
Back to top
adone
PostPosted: 10 October 2007 - 17:00:54 (750)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 10.20
Posts: 12
Air: If ya need help with some graphics for intro, outro, and also for in the movie, gimmi a call. I work as a fulltime Webdesigner and could assist with that happy drop me a pm or something and you can get my MSN if interested, and I can show ya few things ive done.

adone

_________________
Let's Bring It To The Next Level !
Back to top
_andy
PostPosted: 13 October 2007 - 17:21:49 (765)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 15.35
Posts: 315
Lvee wrote:
for the book I'm planning to release next year, I'll explain how to make that with synths and no samples anymore... My goal is either making a book, or videos.

I think I'll need help, a lot of it, for video editing or good writing... or either you guys will have to be patient!!

L.


I write. My English is good enough, and I know some native Brits should I get things wrong. Besides, I do a bit of producing myself and I had no problem understanding your tutorial so far, and working with you sounds cool. Let me know if you need help with that writing.
Back to top
_andy very much alive.
montyez
PostPosted: 26 October 2007 - 09:47:10 (449)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 31.60
Posts: 2822
Silly question, i have never used anytype of filter on my kicks and they seem to sound fine, would filtering a kick in someway improve it? ive often wondered but thought it may be silly question lol?

_________________


http://www.myspace.com/adammontyez
Back to top
rusch
PostPosted: 26 October 2007 - 10:23:07 (474)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 127.20
Posts: 20124
montyez wrote:
Silly question, i have never used anytype of filter on my kicks and they seem to sound fine, would filtering a kick in someway improve it? ive often wondered but thought it may be silly question lol?


Well, EQ being a sort of filter (and vice versa), enhancing certain frequencies will of course shape the sound of your kick. Boosting a kick around 200-250Hz (I'm speaking very roughly here, of course, given that this highly depends on the nature of the kick) will boost the hardness of your kick, boosting around 80-90Hz (again, very roughly) will boost the deep thump of your kick, and boosting the mid and higher frequencies will boost snap/click of your kick. As always though, if you can cut together a kick that sounds as close as possible to how you want it to sound in the first place, that is preferable.

_________________
For remix or booking inqueries: [email protected][email protected]

http://www.christianrusch.comhttp://www.youtube.com/chrirus2006
Back to top
rusch : Make today count.
montyez
PostPosted: 26 October 2007 - 17:20:13 (764)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 31.60
Posts: 2822
rusch wrote:
montyez wrote:
Silly question, i have never used anytype of filter on my kicks and they seem to sound fine, would filtering a kick in someway improve it? ive often wondered but thought it may be silly question lol?


Well, EQ being a sort of filter (and vice versa), enhancing certain frequencies will of course shape the sound of your kick. Boosting a kick around 200-250Hz (I'm speaking very roughly here, of course, given that this highly depends on the nature of the kick) will boost the hardness of your kick, boosting around 80-90Hz (again, very roughly) will boost the deep thump of your kick, and boosting the mid and higher frequencies will boost snap/click of your kick. As always though, if you can cut together a kick that sounds as close as possible to how you want it to sound in the first place, that is preferable.


Thanks rusch, i must be blunt and say i use FL and when you say boost around 200 etc. i kinda get lost lol im not up with the lingo and i am forever in doubt because i hate making people break down what they mean because i do no comprehend exactly, would u advise were abouts and how you mean usin fl? plz?

_________________


http://www.myspace.com/adammontyez
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT + 4 Hours

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 4 of 5 | Click to jump to page >>
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
trance.nu Forum Index  |  How do I produce?

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 



Powered by phpBB