Notification

Latest Topics
<  Hot or Not  |   Page 1 of 2 | Jump To >> | Goto page 1, 2  Next
Aum Gasana (Original Mix)
tiLberede
PostPosted: 24 September 2010 - 04:01:46 (209)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Official name of the track is "Eddie Sender - Aum Gasana"

Just found this sexy song. It, in my opinion, defines progressive trance. It has a Coldharbour feel to it, but isn't. It was released on 'Wildchild Records', which is a sub-label to Baroque, in 2007. I adore the bells and electric guitar synths in the melody. They both come in at the breakdown and buildup. Also the Allende remix is very solid as well.

Youtube link

Not sure what it means, but Google translator detected it as Portuguese, can anyone help with proper translation?

Buy it at Amazon
Buy it at Beatport
Buy it at Audiojelly

PostPosted: 25 September 2010 - 19:30:48 (854)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Protip - Just because the bpm is ~130, it doesn't make the tunes any more progressive.
tiLberede
PostPosted: 26 September 2010 - 07:07:18 (338)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

^What the fuck are you talking about, this is progressive trance at its best.

PostPosted: 28 September 2010 - 22:10:02 (965)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Rustymike wrote:
Protip - Just because the bpm is ~130, it doesn't make the tunes any more progressive.

LMAO @ da troll.

Even if you sped up the tune, it wouldn't sound trancey at all. This tune was made to sound progressive.

PostPosted: 29 September 2010 - 18:46:01 (823)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

tiLberede wrote:
^What the fuck are you talking about, this is progressive trance at its best.

No need to get mad, nobody is dead.

But seriousl, tell me what exactly is progressive about bass coming in ~1min, melody introduced at ~2˝ then following break and lifting into chorus.

Progressive trance at its best to me is Voyager, Blue Amazon and Andy Ling.

Last edited by Rustymike on 29 September 2010 - 20:44:29 (905); edited 2 times in total
tiLberede
PostPosted: 29 September 2010 - 19:17:27 (845)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

^ Aright heres a noob tip. Get the fuck off the forums. In you first 5 posts you have managed to trash talk a great song, and prove yourself to be a big douche. Have a nice day you fuck.

PostPosted: 29 September 2010 - 19:22:42 (849)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

tiLberede wrote:
^ Aright heres a noob tip. Get the fuck off the forums. In you first 5 posts you have managed to trash talk a great song, and prove yourself to be a big douche. Have a nice day you fuck.

lol

Oh you own these forums? I thought that this place was for discussion about EDM music and I politely asked you why you think this tune is progressive at all because it has the structure, sounds and all of that eras uplifting tune.

Are you always this hostile if someone questions your taste?
tiLberede
PostPosted: 29 September 2010 - 19:32:19 (855)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

First of all fuckface, you came at me:

rustymike wrote:

I simply made this thread because I found an awesome Progressive trance song, I never once said that just because the BPM was 130 it was "more progressive". This is a progressive trance song, even Discogs agrees with me Click,as well as Liquid. if all you are going to do is hate on people than you mine as well leave the forum now, we already have enough of you douchebags here. And no I don't get mad when people question my taste in music, it happens everyday.

PostPosted: 29 September 2010 - 19:41:18 (862)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

tiLberede wrote:
First of all fuckface, you came at me:

rustymike wrote:

I simply made this thread because I found an awesome Progressive trance song, I never once said that just because the BPM was 130 it was "more progressive". This is a progressive trance song, even Discogs agrees with me Click,as well as Liquid. if all you are going to do is hate on people than you mine as well leave the forum now, we already have enough of you douchebags here. And no I don't get mad when people question my taste in music, it happens everyday.

I really admire how you get so personal about this stuff calling me a douchebag and telling me to get the fuck out.

And first of all to you also, I said one thing why I didn't think this tune was progressive at all. Then I asked you and everybody here to give me some examples why this tune is progressive, and you start telling me to get the fuck out of the forums. Nicely done.

I guess for now on I'll just post tunage tunage to every single thread so I can avoid your kind of "being different since '07" posters to tell me to gtfo.

And btw, different since '01 here.

Last edited by Rustymike on 29 September 2010 - 20:46:36 (907); edited 2 times in total
tiLberede
PostPosted: 29 September 2010 - 19:52:22 (869)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Oh my gosh where to begin?

Firstly, thank you for admiring me.
Secondly, this is progressive trance, it is a known fact, sorry if you disagree.
Thirdly, You never asked me for any "examples" of tracks that I thought were progressive trance, you just simply asked me what was progressive about the bass coming in at 1 minute and the melody coming in at 2.5 minutes.
Fourthly, I don't care whether or not what genre you think this track is, you have proved to me that you are very unintelligent and cocky.
Fifthly, You have no idea what my signature means and don't go making blind comparisons to yourself.

Again, have a nice fucking day, oh and -1 for finnish people.

PostPosted: 29 September 2010 - 20:00:48 (875)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

tiLberede wrote:
Oh my gosh where to begin?

Firstly, thank you for admiring me.
Secondly, this is progressive trance, it is a known fact, sorry if you disagree.
Thirdly, You never asked me for any "examples" of tracks that I thought were progressive trance, you just simply asked me what was progressive about the bass coming in at 1 minute and the melody coming in at 2.5 minutes.
Fourthly, I don't care whether or not what genre you think this track is, you have proved to me that you are very unintelligent and cocky.
Fifthly, You have no idea what my signature means and don't go making blind comparisons to yourself.

Again, have a nice fucking day, oh and -1 for finnish people.

Jesus Christ, how angry can a guy get. I bet that you are the unintelligent one here going all personal and avoiding a simple question.

Quote:
you just simply asked me what was progressive about the bass coming in at 1 minute and the melody coming in at 2.5 minutes.

Yeah, which you never bothered to answer.
tiLberede
PostPosted: 29 September 2010 - 20:40:37 (903)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

^I am not angry at all actually, if you spent a little more time here you would understand that just because I use curse words like fuck and douchebag does not mean I am angry, they are part of my everyday vocabulary. And I use them in a very basic manner.

And to answer you question, which doesn't make sense to begin with, but I will try to answer it to the best of my ability. It doesn't matter when certain sounds come in, but it matters about the feel of the track, and the sounds used to create a track. I myself do no determine a genre of a track simply by when "when the sounds come in". But by actually listening to them and comparing them to other well known tracks in my library that have a similiar "feel" to them. I myself have never heard anyone say, oh that track is uplifiting trance, the arpeggiator "comes in at" 1.5 minutes, have you?

PostPosted: 29 September 2010 - 21:07:41 (922)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

tiLberede wrote:

And to answer you question, which doesn't make sense to begin with, but I will try to answer it to the best of my ability. It doesn't matter when certain sounds come in, but it matters about the feel of the track, and the sounds used to create a track. I myself do no determine a genre of a track simply by when "when the sounds come in". But by actually listening to them and comparing them to other well known tracks in my library that have a similiar "feel" to them. I myself have never heard anyone say, oh that track is uplifiting trance, the arpeggiator "comes in at" 1.5 minutes, have you?

Okay. I think that you are taking my sayings a bit too literally. I'm not that stupid that I label stuff based on when the synth comes in. What I was saying was that the song structure, pianos, chorus, feeling and all that could be found in any generic uplifting trance tune. And the fact that Aum Gasana has a low simple bassline and a few percussions here and there, doesn't make it any more progressive.

Here is progressive for you.

Youtube link

Youtube link
tiLberede
PostPosted: 30 September 2010 - 07:11:13 (341)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I never said that it was the most progressive song ever. If it is your personal opinion that you don't like it, fine. All you have to do is say you don't like. Not criticize the song and my posts, and basically make fun of me and others who do enjoy the song. Everyone has different personal music preferences, you need to learn to understand and expand your horizon.

I'm done responding to you because most likely in a month you will forget about these forums and none of this will mean anything, it's what most haters do anyway. And we have both gone way off topic so far. Simple thing is, if you don't like a song, you don't have to bash anyone else who does. Oh and just to let you know, And Lings mix to Stargazer is in my library, it was probably in the first 100 tracks I ever bought.

PostPosted: 30 September 2010 - 15:08:33 (672)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

tiLberede wrote:
All you have to do is say you don't like. Not criticize the song and my posts, and basically make fun of me and others who do enjoy the song. Everyone has different personal music preferences, you need to learn to understand and expand your horizon.

Oh and just to let you know, And Lings mix to Stargazer is in my library, it was probably in the first 100 tracks I ever bought.

Are you serious? You are clearly not the best person to lecture me about music preferences and expanding horizon. I hope that you read this whole thread through again with actually thinking and not just raging about me "making fun of you", which I never did.

Oh you're so underground.