Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  General Discussion  |   Page 1 of 2 | Jump To >> | Goto page 1, 2  Next
Armin Van Buuren - Mirage
Tigais22
PostPosted: 14 September 2010 - 21:38:15 (943)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

After listen to the album altough I must say that my expectations were low... as proven by the fact that I had to wait till track 12 to listen something that cheer me up a little, the whole album is full of mediocre songs. Knowing AvB for more than 10 years I totally disagree with the path he is going... This new album have 3 or 4 nice trance songs... and without a doubt the huge track is "I surrender". I think Armin should focus in doing what he did in the past and forget and cut with all that crap that the cd is full on.
In short... this album for me could be resumed to a 12''. A: I Surrender B: Coming Home.
Sorry Armin but that is my opinion!
Creative
PostPosted: 14 September 2010 - 22:17:57 (970)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

nice guys don't push their boundaries much
they just do what they feel comfortable doing

armin is a nice guy, so he's not confortable experimenting
his album proves he's undecided

PostPosted: 14 September 2010 - 22:18:25 (971)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Minack was Amazing

but i agree the Album didnt take really do much
Musdaloose | Always @ ASOT
a98
PostPosted: 14 September 2010 - 22:25:13 (975)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Creative wrote:

didn't the album have a track with real drums, real guitar, real violins/cellos mixed with trance synths? I would say that's more or less pushing boundaries..

Creative
PostPosted: 14 September 2010 - 22:59:25 (999)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

a98 wrote:
Creative wrote:

didn't the album have a track with real drums, real guitar, real violins/cellos mixed with trance synths? I would say that's more or less pushing boundaries..

when you're confident in pushing your boundaries, the result is really amazing
when you're hanging in the balance thinking whether it's good or bad for you to do this... the restult is... well, violins mixed with trance synths

PostPosted: 15 September 2010 - 03:03:29 (169)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Tigais22 wrote:
After listen to the album altough I must say that my expectations were low... as proven by the fact that I had to wait till track 12 to listen something that cheer me up a little, the whole album is full of mediocre songs. Knowing AvB for more than 10 years I totally disagree with the path he is going... This new album have 3 or 4 nice trance songs... and without a doubt the huge track is "I surrender". I think Armin should focus in doing what he did in the past and forget and cut with all that crap that the cd is full on.
In short... this album for me could be resumed to a 12''. A: I Surrender B: Coming Home.
Sorry Armin but that is my opinion!

+1 I totally agree! Looking out for Daniel Wanrooy's artist album. He's really upcoming talent and will certainly be better than a top class DJ like Armin. Anyone who disagrees on this can wait and bear some patience and will see if I was right!
grin
arinjunk
PostPosted: 15 September 2010 - 03:30:43 (187)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

a98 wrote:
Creative wrote:

Not something I want to hear in trance. There was nothing special about the guitar "real violons" and etc. It bored me.
a98
PostPosted: 15 September 2010 - 14:46:54 (657)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

arinjunk wrote:
a98 wrote:
Creative wrote:

Not something I want to hear in trance. There was nothing special about the guitar "real violons" and etc. It bored me.

first everyone is dissing producers for not being original, and when they finally step out of the box you get comments like this.

first of all, you're narrow minded. second, no matter what special instruments you bring in, they're only as good as the melodies they play.

atrifix
PostPosted: 15 September 2010 - 20:10:26 (882)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I agree. He knows whats is radio and what sells. Ive stopped listening to ASOT because it sounds like its aimed at shopping malls and away from true trance heads. His new album (although technical producing mad house) is not for me...but rather the female 14 year old version of me.

atrifix says hello
bulletdodger
PostPosted: 15 September 2010 - 20:49:09 (909)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

atrifix wrote:
I agree. He knows whats is radio and what sells. Ive stopped listening to ASOT because it sounds like its aimed at shopping malls and away from true trance heads. His new album (although technical producing mad house) is not for me...but rather the female 14 year old version of me.

I think the 2nd most common misconception about music after being sexualy tagged is definetely the age one .

Agree , Voci ?

PostPosted: 15 September 2010 - 21:36:14 (941)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

atrifix wrote:

+1

it's music like we had this:

Youtube link
Voci
PostPosted: 16 September 2010 - 11:23:07 (516)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

bulletdodger wrote:

I think the 2nd most common misconception about music after being sexualy tagged is definetely the age one .

Agree , Voci ?

Well I'd say yeah, I think the real reason for pop music being 'popular' is interest in music. When you are really interested, and have a passion, you dive into the genre(s).
When you don't really have a PASSION for a certain musical style, then you are likely to be going for simpler pop songs, as they are easier to hear. I think that's why pop is pop, in other words: Armin makes these tracks so that the standard musiclistener also enjoys Armin music.

It doesn't have anything to do with age per se, BUT... fact is that when you are young you may not know a lot about music, so you will end up with what you see and hear. (I started with G-Spott, Milk Inc. and Groove Coverage too). Its just process of the developement of musical preference.

Most people however, don't develop a passion for music, and thus end up with easier music, pop.

So I guess the answer is a bit of both. He is talking about the right 'results', (14 year olds might indeed be more into it, but not BECAUSE they are 14 years of age) but with the wrong 'causes'. If that makes any sense?

Creative
PostPosted: 16 September 2010 - 11:57:47 (540)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Voci wrote:
bulletdodger wrote:

Agree , Voci ?

Well I'd say yeah, I think the real reason for pop music being 'popular' is interest in music. When you are really interested, and have a passion, you dive into the genre(s).
When you don't really have a PASSION for a certain musical style, then you are likely to be going for simpler pop songs, as they are easier to hear. I think that's why pop is pop, in other words: Armin makes these tracks so that the standard musiclistener also enjoys Armin music.

It doesn't have anything to do with age per se, BUT... fact is that when you are young you may not know a lot about music, so you will end up with what you see and hear. (I started with G-Spott, Milk Inc. and Groove Coverage too). Its just process of the developement of musical preference.

Most people however, don't develop a passion for music, and thus end up with easier music, pop.

So I guess the answer is a bit of both. He is talking about the right 'results', (14 year olds might indeed be more into it, but not BECAUSE they are 14 years of age) but with the wrong 'causes'. If that makes any sense?

"age" as in some sort of "musical maturity"

PostPosted: 16 September 2010 - 12:13:57 (551)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

^ That's still nonsense and I still agree with Voci . It doesn't matter at what age you like a certain thing when it comes to music , just how long you kept interest for it and digged deeper , that can happen at both 15 and 50 for example .

EDIT: Taken from the album artwork cheers

[URL=http://img201.imageshack.us/i/page56.png/] [/URL]

PostPosted: 16 September 2010 - 16:04:27 (711)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

bulletdodger wrote:
^ That's still nonsense and I still agree with Voci . It doesn't matter at what age you like a certain thing when it comes to music , just how long you kept interest for it and digged deeper , that can happen at both 15 and 50 for example .

EDIT: Taken from the album artwork cheers

[URL=http://img201.imageshack.us/i/page56.png/] [/URL]

true, but as you age, you become more mature; same thing if you listen to a larger variety of music and dig deeper into a genre - you become more "musically mature", that's what I meant