Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  General Discussion  |   Page 1 of 3 | Jump To >> | Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Anyone ever rupture their eardrum?
BlindSummit
PostPosted: 19 September 2010 - 20:09:02 (881)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I was downtown on Wednesday night past and this pikie bastard punched me from behind - right in the fucking ear. His tramp of a girlfriend (probably his sister) told him that I'd called her a hooker. I'd have fuckin called her worse if I'd actually ever seen her before but anyway..............

Turned out my right eardrum is ruptured and I can't hear anything below 190Hz at the minute (I've tested it myself with headphones and some panning).

It's also severely reduced in volume.

I've been researching and many places assure me that it should make a full recovery but at the same time, none of the people who this as happened to (that I've seen) intend on making a career as a dj/producer/mix engineer/sound designer.

Has anyone ever suffered this? I hope not but if you have, how did you recover? I'm so depressed at the thought of this being permanent.

P.S. I couldn't believe my luck when that pikie bastard walked past me a short while later and didn't see me. I ran up behind that filthy little weasel and punched him hard as I could right in the fucking ear!!!!!!!! Cunt!!!!

Sorry bout all the swearing, exceptional circumstances.
choski2
PostPosted: 20 September 2010 - 00:20:20 (055)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

BlindSummit wrote:
I was downtown on Wednesday night past and this pikie bastard punched me from behind - right in the fucking ear. His tramp of a girlfriend (probably his sister) told him that I'd called her a hooker. I'd have fuckin called her worse if I'd actually ever seen her before but anyway..............

Turned out my right eardrum is ruptured and I can't hear anything below 190Hz at the minute (I've tested it myself with headphones and some panning).

It's also severely reduced in volume.

I've been researching and many places assure me that it should make a full recovery but at the same time, none of the people who this as happened to (that I've seen) intend on making a career as a dj/producer/mix engineer/sound designer.

Has anyone ever suffered this? I hope not but if you have, how did you recover? I'm so depressed at the thought of this being permanent.

P.S. I couldn't believe my luck when that pikie bastard walked past me a short while later and didn't see me. I ran up behind that filthy little weasel and punched him hard as I could right in the fucking ear!!!!!!!! Cunt!!!!

Uh, you shouldn't have punched him back. You should have called the cops on him and sued his ass for possibly damaging your ear drum.
jetflag
PostPosted: 20 September 2010 - 00:52:31 (078)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

BlindSummit wrote:

the only part that I find repulsive is that you snatched him from behind. Right now you're actually not one hair better then him, You could have tapped him on his shoulder, looked him in the eyes for a sec. and then punched him in his face.

There's no honour in sneaking up from behind.

WebmaN
PostPosted: 20 September 2010 - 00:55:18 (080)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

you're a wuss

whining old men alliance we're all pro
WebmaN is
andYMkIII
PostPosted: 20 September 2010 - 01:08:56 (089)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

choski2 wrote:
Uh, you shouldn't have punched him back. You should have called the cops on him and sued his ass for possibly damaging your ear drum.

nuff said

a'ndY pres. Entrancing Melodies on DiscoverTrance
Next Episode: Oct 4, 18 CET
andYMkIII R.I.P. trance.nu, thanks for everything, I had a great time here :,(
fudd
PostPosted: 20 September 2010 - 02:40:10 (152)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

i fookin hate pikies....

open your eyes, see all the love in me, i've got enough forever. don't be afraid, take all you need from me and we'll be strong together - brisk & trixxy
fudd will always love trance.nu
QWERTY.
PostPosted: 20 September 2010 - 02:47:21 (157)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

what are pikies?

I like my sugar with coffee and cream.
QWERTY. Miss you tnu :(
EKG
PostPosted: 20 September 2010 - 03:23:04 (182)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

QWERTY. wrote:
what are pikies?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pikie
Kiksu
PostPosted: 20 September 2010 - 03:58:42 (207)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Brad Pitt is a pikie. lol

Youtube link
BlindSummit
PostPosted: 20 September 2010 - 10:06:48 (463)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

jetflag wrote:
BlindSummit wrote:

the only part that I find repulsive is that you snatched him from behind. Right now you're actually not one hair better then him, You could have tapped him on his shoulder, looked him in the eyes for a sec. and then punched him in his face.

There's no honour in sneaking up from behind.

That is exactly what he did to me and as a musician (I was partially deaf at that stage) I wanted to make him suffer! I was set upon from behind so I really don't care whether you people aprove of that or not. You are not deaf in one ear! Your prospects, career, dreams, were not shattered by some meathead.
BlindSummit
PostPosted: 20 September 2010 - 10:11:28 (466)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

WebmaN wrote:
you're a wuss

How fucking dare you call me a wuss? I can fight with the best of them and I do have a code when I fight but when some dickhead comes up behind you and deafens you for nothing - you tend to forget the code of honour.

Cheeky fucker. Perhaps you should be deafened to understand what I'm going through here and all yous can say is I shouldn't have hit him?

I hope the little gypsy bastard is deaf as a door nail and you know what, if my ear doesn't heal I hope I bump in to the little cunt again and I will knock him down and kick his teeth in. Suppose you got something against that as well?
BlindSummit
PostPosted: 20 September 2010 - 10:14:04 (468)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

BlindSummit wrote:

Perhaps you missed the first paragraph of my first post! I am a great believer in doing unto others as they do to you.

I'm deaf but poor pikie, I'm a wuss etc. etc. etc. You can still fucking hear BITCH!
Voci
PostPosted: 20 September 2010 - 11:09:48 (506)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Haha, you seem like an angry dude.

anyway lol, oh god *grabs popcorn*.

Last edited by Voci on 20 September 2010 - 11:10:43 (507); edited 1 time in total

Jezper
PostPosted: 20 September 2010 - 11:10:27 (507)  Reply with quote
Trance.nu Retired Mascot

Did you go see a doctor?
Jezper & Tommie just launched a swedish tech podcast. Check it out: http://www.slashat.se
jetflag
PostPosted: 20 September 2010 - 12:27:38 (560)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

BlindSummit wrote:

That is exactly what he did to me and as a musician (I was partially deaf at that stage) I wanted to make him suffer! I was set upon from behind so I really don't care whether you people aprove of that or not. You are not deaf in one ear! Your prospects, career, dreams, were not shattered by some meathead.

though I can understand your motives, its my personal experience that seeking revenge in that way isn't going to make you feel better or solve your deafening. And though most people here on the forum probably don't approve me saying this, but there's a correct way to get back at some-one for hurting you, Sneaking up from behind isn't one of them.

now if i may, as a Dutch saying goes, put a heart under your belt. There's a new technology nowadays called a cochlear implant

It reconnects your brain to an electronic ear, re-enabling your hearing senses.