T.nu Member

who invented each style of trance?

and with what song?
imtryinmybest
PostPosted: 31 August 2010 - 06:53:14 (328)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Signum for proper deep tech trance puh
Matt Darey for original pure banging trance puh

dont really think there was a "one man responsible" for each genre - just how the style progressed

captainsteve
PostPosted: 31 August 2010 - 09:44:23 (447)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

o good lord

david guetta and tiesto

they invented everything
RebeL9
PostPosted: 31 August 2010 - 13:55:32 (621)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

imtryinmybest wrote:
Signum for proper deep tech trance puh

Oh lord. Ever heard of Oliver Lieb? Or the entire Harthouse crew?

There are no SPECIFIC tracks which kicked off the trance genre. Trance as a music style gradually evolved from techno and acid house.

Some early names (now I'm talking producers who were active in the late 80s/early 90s):

Resistance D
Oliver Lieb
Jam El Mar & DJ Dag
Astral Projection
Man With No Name
Sven Väth
Matthias Hoffmann, Steffen Britzke & Ralf Hildenbeutel
Caspar Pound
Pete Namlook
Simon Berry
Emmanuel Top
Robert Leiner
RebeL9 raggadish!
djzakquiney
PostPosted: 31 August 2010 - 14:04:52 (628)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

It was invented by Prof. Hughbert Trance in 1804.

If you're looking for a new forum to migrate to, why not join the fallout from the old Anjunabeats forum in our new home...?

www.unjunaforum.com

See you there happy
Jezper
PostPosted: 31 August 2010 - 16:57:16 (748)  Reply with quote
Trance.nu Retired Mascot

If it's not in Ishkurs guide of electronic music, it's not worth knowing.

http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/
Jezper & Tommie just launched a swedish tech podcast. Check it out: http://www.slashat.se
captainsteve
PostPosted: 01 September 2010 - 03:52:52 (203)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Jezper wrote:
If it's not in Ishkurs guide of electronic music, it's not worth knowing.

http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

[/img]
Volterock
PostPosted: 02 September 2010 - 09:11:20 (424)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I think you're right imtryinmybest. Maybe we can narrow it down to the milestones in production techniques?

For instance, I guess Benny Benassi coined the automated reverb tail sound, SVD, the delay transition, BT, the micro stuttering, etc. I could be wrong about some of those but anyone more knowledgeable care to chime in?

I love Ishkurs guide. I've been eagerly awaiting the next update for years. I think it's more funny sometimes to watch people get pissed off reading it who can't take a joke haha

I just finished watching all your tutorial videos on youtube Jezper. Thanks for those! Do you know of any other good video tutorials by other producers?

v-3974-hrnj
k-1632-yhva
e-7374-qurb
k-9434-oszl
EverLife
PostPosted: 13 September 2010 - 19:29:29 (853)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

and apparently deadmau5 created the whole 8th note sidechained chords too amirite? up
juancho_0205
PostPosted: 20 September 2010 - 09:56:43 (456)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

well, paul van dyk also made a great contribution in trance music, i think that trance comes from the 90s techno and the dance music specially eurodance music, if you listen to robert miles firsts works, you can find some roots of trance in the mid-90s psychedelic trance or goa with astral projection and karma de la luna works.

as i see, its a beautiful experiment, after all you start to discover the trance as trance in late-90s coz before that everything is difuse even the name, i think matt darey gave the name trance
juancho_0205 http://www.soundcloud.com/sebastianmontano
KulshanRecord
PostPosted: 28 September 2010 - 07:20:15 (347)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

The first "official" trance records were stuff by KLF, and "The Age of Love" by Age Of Love, released back in 90. They morphed out of a combo of the techno, acid house, new wave, and space synth types of music that were going all bananers around the end of the 80's.

The tune that is really considered the first REAL trance song, was "The Age of Love (Jam & Spoon Radio Edit/ Watch Out For Stella Club Mix)" by Age of Love.

Goa Gil and his buddies over in India were also instrumental in developing the Goa Trance sound that eventually worked its way over to Europe via Israel, mingled with those styles of trance present in Europe, and more or less gave birth to things like progressive trance, various types of psy trance, and later, the anthem trance movements.

And the reason Goa Gil and his hippie buddies existed at all? The CIA, and their Project MK-ULTRA that was testing LSD on folks who later founded the hippie movement, and escaped in the late 70's/ early 80's to Goa India.

So, Trance (at least the psychedelic types anyway) was created by the CIA. ;D
KulshanRecord is Chillin'... LOUDLY
VanFearson
PostPosted: 28 September 2010 - 11:12:32 (508)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Many people admin that "Dance2Trance - We came in Peace" was the first trancelike track...

Youtube link

Anywayz, I got my own theory about how mankind was subjected to Trance... hehe

VanFearson wrote:
Trance is the music of the universe. It was first exposed to the mankind veery very long ago. From that point on people started to invent musical instruments in order to gain the ability to imitate that sound they heard back then. Many stayed on track, others quit trying and deviated to other unimportant results and therefore creating the other genres we know today.

The most accurate were the classical guys, who tried with whatever means they had to imitate the original Trance sound that was heard from outer space by other existences that already were aware of Trance.

The road to accurately imitate the Trance sound was found with the birth of the Synthesizer, whose inventor had the technical knowledge to lead us to the only true music. From that point and on, with the evolution of the Synthesizer, mankind is getting closer and closer to the initial sound of Trance that was then heard.

At a time ahead we will be that close to recreating the initial sound that the two will not be distinguishable anymore. It is that time when mankind will reach perfection and therefore will be destroyed by forces from Above.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol