Andenkoyit
PostPosted: 27 August 2010 - 13:39:55 (611)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Support tracks!! Not Artists!!
Quethas
PostPosted: 27 August 2010 - 13:57:24 (623)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Partially I agree, partially I don't.

What if some artist makes a lot of good tracks and have interesting style? What if some artist makes a lot of awful tracks which sounds like nothing I prefer?

-> Que's review topic <-
Quethas thinks that less is more
FunkyGunther
PostPosted: 27 August 2010 - 15:17:26 (678)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

What?

When you buy one song you don't buy an annual subscription for everything the artist releases.

Hexfire
PostPosted: 27 August 2010 - 15:46:47 (699)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Quethas wrote:
Partially I agree, partially I don't.

What if some artist makes a lot of good tracks and have interesting style? What if some artist makes a lot of awful tracks which sounds like nothing I prefer?

...which barely happens considering inevitable hit & miss condition.

I suppose that even if a favourite producer makes misses, he still — clearly — deserves your/our respect to himself as a like-minded musician, unless of course all these misses gradually turn into a new trend, turning former 'hits' to present 'misses'. And even regardless of the attitude to personality (which shouldn't really correlate as he's totally free to express himself), there should be nothing that would prevent you from admitting that you dislike a track when you actually dislike it.

I'm not sure if you can even feel healthy if you've drummed something into your head (sounds harsh, but maybe it's just what happens?), like idolizing some producer, era or a genre, if it's about music, or anything else, if it's beyond music. The kind of artificial inflexibility which can't be natural and healthy.

I immediately think of few members on this board. I could never understand Alien Yoshi with his uncommon Airwave praising, imtryingmybest with his similar thing about Signum (although, subconsciously, I still believe that it's a kind of a very subtle joking), and of course identity7 who's got stuck somewhere in the past. Is this not a self-programming?

That's only one aspect of the issue, because on the other side there's a case when you can't admit that you like something when you actually like it. Apparently, irrational apprehension that if you like something rejected by others, it makes you freaky. Everyone can see this by visiting Tiesto and similar threads which are often full of people who are afraid to admit that they like the discussed thing (track, ablum), but express themselves in a strangely timid manner.

What's this? Concealed need to stay protected?

“Universal Assemblage Point”
Hexfire is invulnerable.
Quethas
PostPosted: 27 August 2010 - 16:23:02 (724)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

@Hexfire
But then again once you have heard a lot of good tracks from artist X, you begin to adjust to the feeling that the next track is a good one too. It might become harder and harder to admit that this might not be that good track. It is somewhat odd for me to admit that Solar Fields's Altered wasn't just that interesting, that some of the latest 00.db-tracks haven't been't been that impressive and that one of the Orkidea's tracks I heard lately was just boring.

Yes it goes the other way round. I do listen to big producer's albums. Though I know I probably won't like it. But there are some fairly good tracks. It feels hard to admit sometimes that you may actually find Armin (just example) making one good track for a change.

I have tried to listen to a lot of music keep the fanboyism out of me. I have been fairly succesful. Not completely but the most parts. I do prefer some artists and genres over the others but I try to find something good in some genres or artists's productions I usually don't prefer and which I "shouldn't" like.

By the way eurodance is f*cking awesome when you don't take it seriously. And I know I shouldn't listen it after I have listened to Carbon Based Lifeforms.

-> Que's review topic <-
Quethas thinks that less is more
Hexfire
PostPosted: 27 August 2010 - 18:15:01 (802)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Nowhere-leading topic this one is, really. happy

And yeah, my multiple "you"-s in the previous post was of course an abstract unaddressed generalization.

To try remain unprejudiced and open, was my point.

“Universal Assemblage Point”
Hexfire is invulnerable.
autodial
PostPosted: 28 August 2010 - 07:18:16 (346)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I liek me sum good trackz. cool
autodial YOU DUN GOOF'D.
jetflag
PostPosted: 29 August 2010 - 20:08:51 (881)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

well, In my particular case, there just so happen to be a number of artists that keep bringing out music that I like.

should they however stop doing this, then ofcourse I'll stop listening to there stuff.

buteh. isn't that kind of obvious?