Users online: 0

Guests online: 69
Total online: 69
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  News Discussion  |   Page 4 of 4 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Tragedy at German Love Parade...
Nugex
PostPosted: 27 July 2010 - 00:13:39 (051)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Now they say it's 20 dead & 500 injured :S
marshe
PostPosted: 27 July 2010 - 00:16:44 (053)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

sincere condolences to the families of the 20 dead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC5wBxl6YdA&fmt=22

crying
WebmaN
PostPosted: 27 July 2010 - 02:52:10 (161)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

jetflag wrote:
Panic is a defo killer unhappy , and although this could have happened at every major event I still think its a pretty shitty organisation who didn't anticipate on or underestimates a bottleneck effect of this magnitude D'oh , hope they've learned their lesson, 19 people are dead + no more love parade

sad smilie

panic was not the cause. the constant pressure on the only way out and in was. there just wasn't enough space for so many people.

every imbecile knows that an entrance should be wide and easy to get through, especially when the actual entrance to the site goes slow. which was the case here, because the lack of regulation. besides that, making such a small area the entrance and the exit is totally not done. there was no way to escape to. people kept pushing to get out from one side, from the other side people kept pushing to get in. that complete and unregulated chaos caused people to faint, overheat and finally to panic.

i've been in situations like these and the only reason why those situations never ended up like this disaster was that there were easy ways out. a small and low bridge where people could jump off, fences that were shoulder high, so you could climb over etc. this area was covered with high walls and partially tunneled. how could any sane person allow that area to be the entrance and the exit? and how could the event organisation, security and police or even all of them together, not see that this could (or rather certainly would) go wrong? why didn't they start to regulate the exit of the site to other places earlier?

this was THE textbook example of how crowd control should NOT be performed.

event organizers and local authorities have so much responsibbilities on there hands. we've seen it go wrong in the Netherlands before (Hoek van Holland, DV a few years ago etc). i hope organizers of future events realize they are responsible for peoples lifes. this was a learning experience, but an experience that never should have happened.

i can get really angry from disasters like these, eventhough it didn't hit me personally. i can feel the pain of all the people involved. i know how it feels to be in a panicking crowd, it's something i never want to experience again. but watching those pictures and videos brings it back again.

i really feel for all the victims of this tragedy and their near ones. it was a sad, sad day.

whining old men alliance we're all pro
WebmaN is
sentina1
PostPosted: 27 July 2010 - 03:12:50 (175)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Its really their fault. why on earth would you cram so many people in such a small area? 1.4 million people is just ridiculous.
sentina1 part of the PURE trance group
QWERTY.
PostPosted: 27 July 2010 - 04:21:39 (223)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

sentina1 wrote:
Its really their fault. why on earth would you cram so many people in such a small area? 1.4 million people is just ridiculous.

Well two years ago in Dortmund, 1.6 million people attended. That's the spirit of love Parade - it has always attracted 1 million+ people. It was just so poorly organized this year in such a small city/ area unhappy

I like my sugar with coffee and cream.
QWERTY. Miss you tnu :(
dancemania
PostPosted: 28 July 2010 - 13:10:06 (590)  Reply with quote
T.nu Staff

Another German girl died, so that makes it 21 people who got killed now... unhappy

Join the Ferry Corsten forum!!! : www.ferrycorsten.com/forum
dancemania Check http://www.twitter.com/TranceClassics for the best trance classics!
dancemania
PostPosted: 28 July 2010 - 22:38:23 (984)  Reply with quote
T.nu Staff

http://www.vkmag.com/galleries/gallery_loveparade_2010_de_tunnel_4_dagen_later/

Some impressive pictures...

Join the Ferry Corsten forum!!! : www.ferrycorsten.com/forum
dancemania Check http://www.twitter.com/TranceClassics for the best trance classics!
fudd
PostPosted: 29 July 2010 - 01:04:18 (086)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

the moonpainter wrote:
It is not about the size of the city. Duisburg has in actual fact 490,000 inhabitants, Essen and Dortmund where the parade took place in 2007 (1.2 million people) and 2008 (1.6 million people) both have 580,000 inhabitants.

It is about the organisation. In Essen and Dortmund there was enough space for all the people and there were many ways to get to the parade. In Duisburg the parade was held in a closed site that was estimated to be big enough for only 400,000 people, the parade was estimated to attract 800,000 visitors and 1,400,000 actually came.

I really hope that those people who ignored the warnings in the weeks before the parade will get what they deserve. They should have cancelled the parade like Bochum did last year, because they had no space for so many people.

sad smilie RIP

according to what i found on google - as well as the reports on the bbc & euronews - duisburg has a population of about 250,000. when the parade was held in essen & dortmund, was it held in the streets like it was in berlin or in a caged in area as it was in duisberg?

the answers to the above will have a profound effect as to where liability lies as instead of having the parade out in the streets of the city (which is what a parade is, anyway), they were forced to have it in the enclosed area. whether or not that's because the city of duisburg refused to let the parade "run amok" through the city & said to the organizers "you must put it in an enclosure no bigger than X x Y" or the organizers did it on their own, i have no idea. however - if it is the former as opposed to the latter, then everything i said is 100% valid...

open your eyes, see all the love in me, i've got enough forever. don't be afraid, take all you need from me and we'll be strong together - brisk & trixxy
fudd will always love trance.nu
manixdj
PostPosted: 03 August 2010 - 02:02:39 (126)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

This is terrible news, tragedies like this hit home with me given that I love attending EDM festivals and I support Liverpool FC. We also have bad memories of poorly organised crowd control and we are still seeking justice for the 96 people who lost their lives in 1989. That too involved an influx of people into a tunnel. Event organisers should learn the lessons from one another, 21 years on and this is still allowed to happen!!?

I cannot claim to have ever been personally involved in such a terrible nightmare but it really makes me think about going to such events!

Thoughts are with the families of those involved.