Notification

Latest Topics
<  This makes me mad!  |   Page 1 of 1 | Jump To >> |
television/ internet providers...
jetflag
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 22:58:46 (999)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

... and there administration...

I just recieved a nota from UPC, in which they claim that (after two years) i still have an open saldo from my former adress of 0 euro, and there for need to be charged with 0 euro with a percentage of 5, so that makes 0 euros in total. that need to be payed within 10 days, or else there will be jurisdictional consequences.

blackman3
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 23:24:37 (017)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

uhm_positive

hahahah

yeah my friend was accused of stealing her own phone

PostPosted: 22 July 2010 - 02:11:19 (132)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

haha UPC is fucking stupid...

Our internet was bad a few years ago (offline/online switching all the time).

There have been 6 different UPC engineers and all of them had a different solution. Only the last one had a good one as he stopped the problem.

The other 5 tried all sorts of stuff. New modem, new wires to the modem, signal improving thing, connection splitting thing, etc. Nothing worked.

The 6th guy however found out that there was a leak in the cable in our street. So they had to take the street upside down and then it was finally fixed.

Also funny, when internet is down, you used to get this message from UPC:
"If you keep having this problem, go to www.upc.com for support".

WebmaN
PostPosted: 22 July 2010 - 02:23:41 (141)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

haha that's a good one, i have to tell that to a friend of mine. upc shut his account. he didn't know he had a default of payment, because his upc account was ownt by the former owner of the appartment and he couldn't reach it, because of wrong information from the former owner.

so long story short, upc shut his account, but the only way to pay upc is through that account! there was no way to get around this, upc said. now he's with chello and upc still doesn't have his money haha.

whining old men alliance we're all pro
WebmaN is
jetflag
PostPosted: 22 July 2010 - 13:18:32 (596)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

heh, i actually let my bank block UPC from writing of anymore money and i didn't have to do shit for it, the employee was like: owh UPC i presume? no problem... lol thumbsup

i'm currently with ziggo which is also worse, but when you tell them no more, it is no more appart from the yearly end-nota

Mythological
PostPosted: 23 July 2010 - 22:30:16 (979)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Wow, Greek ISP's can be damned annoying at times too... especially for so many years now that they can't fix up their lines to give specific speeds. All they give you is ADSL "up to 24 MBps", and all that depends on how close or far you are from the closest distribution point uhm_negative

I'd rather pay a bit more and ensure that I'll receive a stable, 12 MBps say, and no funny stuff. It seems like these companies thrive on trying to pump money out of consumers as easily or as most difficult as possible

Your case jetflag probably takes the biscuit however lol
Mythological is jamming to Kayashi- Furyo (Tevendale's Tunnel mix)
RichardClairemont
PostPosted: 24 July 2010 - 03:31:35 (188)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

American ISP's are a bunch of idiots...Comcast for example...They didn't send me a bill for four months, even though I called up asking if they had the correct address and everything, they assured me they did and they told me how much I owed and when it was due and they'd send a bill out. Another month goes by...no bill. Finally a bill did come a few weeks later for one month worth of service...basically I got 6 months worth of service for the price of one and they didn't even bother to notice, even when I called up there myself to tell them.

About a year after that I moved and they wanted to stick me for $200 in fees for "not returning their equipment", even though there was nothing about that in the contract and my last bill made no mention about having to return the modem or whatever it was. I guess that's how they recoup their losses on accounts they screw up and/or are too lazy to handle properly.
RichardClairemont Adios amigos