Users online: 0

Guests online: 86
Total online: 86
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  General Discussion  |   Page 2 of 5 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Similarity of plucked melodies in trance music
PlasticSoul83
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 04:17:58 (220)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

lol, when i run out of criativity when producing, i think i will use this melody...

lol

Londoner
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 04:31:53 (230)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Well there are still plenty of tracks out there that are unique, so lets enjoy them! grin2
Londoner http://twitter.com/Gate_Six
in_side
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 04:40:01 (236)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

hahaha, this video is superfunny lol especially when you listen all those tunes with copied melodies and finally at the end you hear "best one" tunage thanks for this video! cheers

TranceElevation wrote:
K1aptcha, I was thinking to make the exact same video. You took it first : )

Btw, I wonder who was the very first to create that riff? I always thought that Nickey was...but probably I am wrong.

it's soooo easy to arrange such riff mate, that you'd be suprised happy there's plenty of aprs/melodies that you can make in few minutes (i mean the placement of notes) grin2

example made in 3 mins

:: Kay-D - Clear Source (CJ Art Remix) [Mistique] soon
:: Liquid Soul - Devotion (CJ Art Remix) [Joof] - 21.09
:: Matt G - Etnikus Napok (incl. Maindave, Frangellico, CJ Art Remixes) [Mistique] - 3.10
DirtnFilth
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 05:28:54 (270)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Haha! ...i listened to the first 3 seconds, and 20 different song names popped into my head.

Thats pretty shameful.
aborarecordings
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 08:16:56 (386)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I recognize several of these as being submissions that we turned down last year, for the exact reasons shown in this video.

It's quite odd to see the bigger name labels picked them up!?!? Guess it sells well enough anyway!

a98
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 12:40:54 (570)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Great video man! I don't think the guys at Anjunabeats even realize that they are signing the same track over and over again..

RaulLemos
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 14:20:50 (639)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

TranceElevation wrote:

Btw, I wonder who was the very first to create that riff? I always thought that Nickey was...but probably I am wrong.

It was "Fiocco" in their music "Blue" early in 1998
http://www.discogs.com/Fiocco-Free/release/446268

Here is my timeline:

Fiocco - Blue

Record Label: Antler-Subway, EMI Music (Belgium)
Release Date: 1998

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Astroline - Close My Eyes

Record Label: ZYX Music
Release Date: 14th May 2000

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Svenson - Inside Outside

Record Label: ID&T
Release Date: September 2004

Bamford & Perris - Rock The House

Record Label: Execute Records
Release Date: April 2005

Cosmic Gate - Bilingual

Record Label: Black Hole Recordings
Release Date: September 2006

Mike Shiver - Morning Drive

Record Label: Anjunabeats
Release Date: 17th October 2006

Absolute - Dream Odyssey

Record Label: A State Of Trance
Release Date: 09th July 2007

Alan M - Famicom (Temple One Remix)

Record Label: RealBeatz Recordings
Release Date: 27th November 2007

ATB - Night Watch

Record Label: Moon Records
Release Date: 2009

Adam Nickey - Slider

Release Date: 09th February 2009

Super8 & DJ Tab - Delusions

Release Date: 12nd January 2009

Ferry Tayle & Static Blue - L'Acrobat

Record Label: Enhanced Recordings
Release Date: 27th July 2009

Mark Andrez & Den Rize - Flames

Record Label: FSOE
Release Date: 03rd August 2009

Adam Nickey - Callista

Release Date: 31st August 2009

Robert Nickson - Maybe Next Time

Record Label: ASOT
Release Date: 07th December 2009

Oliver Smith - Cadence

Release Date: 09th November 2009

AMR - Elevation

Record Label: Alter Ego Pure
Release Date: 14th December 2009

Mike Shiver vs. Matias Lehtola - Nana

Record Label: Captured Music
Release Date: 14th December 2009

Chapter XJ - Resurrection

Record Label: Monster Digital
Release Date: 21st December 2009

ReOrder & JayCan - Come With Me To Varanasi

Record Label: Silent Shore Records
Release Date: 31st December 2009

Dash Berlin - Never Cry Again (Jorn Van Deynhoven Remix)

Record Label: Aropa Records
Release Date: 25th January 2010

Estiva & Temple One - November Lovely (Temple One Remix)

Release Date: 08th February 2010

Suncatcher - Wildflowers

Release Date: 08th February 2010

7Skies - Caffeine

Release Date: 15th February 2010

ReOrder - One Morning Back (Thomas Coastline Remix)

Record Label: Silent Shore Records
Release Date: 05th March 2010

Einar K - Schiphol

Record Label: Agenda Music
Release Date: 01st April 2010

Nitrous Oxide - Endorphine

Release Date: 05th April 2010

Motionchild & Will Holland Ft. Tiff Lacey - Arctic Kiss (Andy Blueman Rmx)

Release Date: 10th May 2010

Angel Ace - St. Thomas

Record Label: Digital Society Recordings
Release Date: 28th June 2010

Vast Vision - Behind Your Smile

Record Label: ??
Release Date: ?? 2010

Inglide - Let Me Love You

Record Label: Redux Recordings
Release Date: ?? 2010
Quethas
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 14:42:52 (654)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

QWERTY. wrote:
TranceElevation wrote:

you don't need a video to make the same point. Just listen to most trance radio shows today. Everything track sounds the same/ has been done before.

and I agree with Idonotlikebroccoli. I find it quite alarming that there is a lack of originality lately.

Unfortunately that's how I feel too. I occasionally check some more popular radioshows or check new compilations or artist albums from more well-known tranceartists and I can't help wondering why they recycle the same thing over and over and over and over again. Even though I haven't really checked ASOT / TATW and such regularly in a long time, I still find most of the tracks really uninspiring, unimaginative and especially unoriginal. Most artists just seems to go easy way and make the same thing they always do or if they really feel adventurous, they go to some bandwagon and tries to make deadmau5ish track.

This video just shows how unoriginal many producers really are.

There are exceptions of course. And those tracks are the reason why I love trance. Even though those exceptions seems to be harder and harder to find.

-> Que's review topic <-
Quethas thinks that less is more
Kambo
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 14:50:17 (659)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Idonotlikebroccoli wrote:
Perfect example of how little originality exists in current mainstream trance.

+1 sadly these "unoriginal" artists get most known for following a receipy, .. and the ones that actually tend to produce in a more personal style dont get any recognition (if not supported heavily by some key djs that is..)
One of the reasons why ive left the scene..
a59
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 15:01:46 (667)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Shit man i thought Trance was 100% original until this. up
a59 is having a good day
trancefxs
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 18:10:57 (799)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Kambo wrote:

+1 sadly these "unoriginal" artists get most known for following a receipy, .. and the ones that actually tend to produce in a more personal style dont get any recognition (if not supported heavily by some key djs that is..)

We are trying to change that with Trancealert.com, although it is obviously a far from easy task but we are growing and hope to get the support of more people.
It is sad to see Trance in such a stale state, that producers are just reduced to recycle overused sounds and the bigger labels do not give any chance to the artists that are trying to push the sound in new directions.

Participate in our forum, subscribe to our weekly newsletter and let us to become your source for Trance/Progressive/Psy music!
constrictor
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 18:17:47 (804)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

As long as it moves me and i enjoy listening i don't care if it sounds same because i like those little pluck sounds (God damn it really does sound same). There will always be original and fresh tracks (i hope so).If in the future trance doesn't "do" something for me, i'll simply stop listening.In the meantime i don't wanna waste time and spread the old news.The fact that trance tracks are getting ripped and made by copy/paste system is yesterday news.
constrictor is
Alx_losy
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 18:49:44 (826)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Kambo wrote:

There are some who have 'ridden the wave' so to speak.

I am not one for mentioning names but one guy who has recently had a lot coming out on sizeable labels recently, in my opinion, is the epitome if what a wave rider is.
Alx_losy If the cat is out of the bag, what can you do?!
Voci
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 19:12:11 (841)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Well rythmic parts will always be similar to something else.

This note sequence isn't that unique, you can't say its someones style. There are more rythms that are used a lot, it only gets anoying when the synth sounds itself and the whole idea of the track are also copied.

Anjunabeats has the same synth sound all over the place. I guess they spread out the preset to their artists?

jetflag
PostPosted: 21 July 2010 - 20:20:28 (889)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

a part of the reason that melodic theme's are recycled/slightly altered is due to the fact that experimenting in trance/ abstrahering melodies simply doesn't hit it with the larger crowd..

We are currently in a period in which a standard formula has been made to create "good trance". I give it a few more years before the larger part of the listeners will become tired of the repeativness in the scene and will open up too more experimental abstract original melodies.