Notification

Latest Topics
<  Producing equipment  |   Page 2 of 2 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2
Just got a Virus Ti2, make me excited.
EverLife
PostPosted: 13 July 2010 - 22:35:32 (983)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Lascodi wrote:
Why shouldn't you have the freedom to ask for a good Virus TI 2 presetbank made by someone who REALLY knows the synth, without having people acting like they where the moral guardians of synths mocking the shit out you???

I know the topic-title was a little lame, but ffs people!!!

Cheers cheers

slightly agreed. also you can check out 7skie's soundset for the virus. http://www.standalone-music.com/

but you should be slapped for buying a synth and not really know wtf you're doing. good luck.
Idonotlikebroccoli
PostPosted: 15 July 2010 - 00:10:55 (049)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Lucky you for having a hardware synthesizer with lots of knobs! I'm thinking about getting one some day myself happy

I'd recommend learning what all the parameters do. This way, you can either change presets to suit your needs, or even better, make your own sounds from scratch.

I'd recommend programming some patches from scratch, because it's what I find the most fun. I've made entire songs including percussion using sounds synthesized from scratch. It's a rewarding experience happy

Idonotlikebroccoli "Sama" by Ishq: Maybe my new favourite album of 2010.
Alx_losy
PostPosted: 15 July 2010 - 15:35:40 (691)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Idonotlikebroccoli wrote:
Lucky you for having a hardware synthesizer with lots of knobs! I'm thinking about getting one some day myself happy

I'd recommend learning what all the parameters do. This way, you can either change presets to suit your needs, or even better, make your own sounds from scratch.

I'd recommend programming some patches from scratch, because it's what I find the most fun. I've made entire songs including percussion using sounds synthesized from scratch. It's a rewarding experience happy

Rather oddly I find synthesised hats so much more 'pleasing' to the ear rather than recorded hats.
Alx_losy If the cat is out of the bag, what can you do?!