Notification

Latest Topics
<  How do I produce?  |   Page 1 of 1 | Jump To >> |
Feedback would be greatly appreciated
Luminance
PostPosted: 10 May 2010 - 17:33:36 (773)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Hey Everyone,

I'm pretty close to hitting a wall on this new track and I was hoping I could get some feedback on it. It's another kind of trance jam with hints of electro.

The vocals need some work (too loud in spots and maybe not synced up perfectly in spots) but I might even toss them altogether and put something else over it.

Anyway, any feedback would be seriously appreciated. Thanks!

Luminance - SFR:
http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/70878496/file.html

www.DJLuminance.com
www.myspace.com/DJLuminance
Luminance needs help with another track
Atlantis_AR
PostPosted: 10 May 2010 - 21:24:08 (933)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

It's hard to say where to take this as it's sounding pretty fine already. One sore spot though is the treble is a little loud and blending it in would make it a little warmer as it's sounding a bit clinical and harsh.

I was thinking whether to compress the kick and bass together, but the impact on the kick is already sounding quite fine. Maybe the bass only would benefit from more compression and warming by adding bass harmonics. I believe Waves MaxBass would be suited for this, or anything with tube warming in the name. Also when the kick drops it sounds a little glitchy like it just misses the beat.

But yeah definitely take care of the treble 'cause there are some high transients there that get painful to listen to.

Luminance
PostPosted: 10 May 2010 - 23:07:50 (005)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Hey thanks for the feedback as always Atlantis. You're a huge help.

I'll def play with the bass tonight but a few questions about your other comments.

As far as the kick goes, do you mean throughout the whole song or just after the breakdown when it drops with that little fill?

Also, what do you mean about the treble? Is there a specific instrument that's causing the issue or do I just have to go through everything and make cuts? Is it maybe as simple as just dipping the high end on the master channel a little bit?

Thanks again!

www.DJLuminance.com
www.myspace.com/DJLuminance
Luminance needs help with another track
Atlantis_AR
PostPosted: 11 May 2010 - 01:30:00 (104)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Luminance wrote:
As far as the kick goes, do you mean throughout the whole song or just after the breakdown when it drops with that little fill?

I hear it on every beat now - it's the lower bass note interacting with the kick I think. I wonder if if you transposed everything one note down it might work better, which I wanted to mention before but then I thought about the vocals...

Quote:
Also, what do you mean about the treble? Is there a specific instrument that's causing the issue or do I just have to go through everything and make cuts? Is it maybe as simple as just dipping the high end on the master channel a little bit?

Yes I do mean in general so dipping the master slightly could work. But it's also the fact that there are some squeaky transients in the hats so you could also try running those through a bus compressor with a fast attack. Of course, a multiband compressor on the master would work too in that case, but that might do more harm than good. It's mostly that tambourine sound at 0:45 and at 1:32, and again at 1:46.