Users online: 0

Guests online: 161
Total online: 161
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  This makes me mad!  |   Page 15 of 16 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Illegal downloads
Mythological
PostPosted: 09 August 2010 - 16:31:06 (729)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

RichardClairemont wrote:
They were wrong and I proved it.

Ah yes, another classic example of Dickie the know-it-all!
Mythological is jamming to Kayashi- Furyo (Tevendale's Tunnel mix)
skylite
PostPosted: 10 August 2010 - 19:51:30 (869)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

If you territory restrict my ass, youre going to get fucked. plain and simple. Thats my only conditions.

Other than that i have spent roughly 900 dollars on beatport since I've moved to CDJ's in the past two years. Im not even going to go in to vinyl amounts. Its just easier for me to dl on beatport then search for every freaking song on google.

PostPosted: 10 August 2010 - 20:52:55 (911)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

RichardClairemont wrote:
WebmaN wrote:
ofcourse it will only work for citizens of your own country, because in every other country there are different laws and different penalties. what you would need is a universal (worldwide) law or at least an arrangement with almost every other country in the world.

But the point is that the victims of the crimes are almost entirely American companies. I go back to my original analogy, if I am murdered here in Chile then the US consulate can investigate and if need be then the FBI can be brought in. Why? Because the victim is an American citizen. Same with most software pirates, the victims of their crimes are most often American movie studios, record labels, etc. As long as the victim is an American entity (citizen, company, corporation), then they can be accountable to American courts. If Holland, for example, isn't going to enforce those laws and US businesses continue to get hit, they can use the option to send the FBI (with permission of the Dutch authorities as we've established), to make the arrests and prosecute the pirates. The Dutch can have all the laws they want but they're only valid as long as the victim of the piracy is Dutch as well. When it becomes a foreigner, then the case can get more complicated. It's the same for US-based criminals and any crimes they commit against a foreign entity. If some guy in New York pirates movies from a Dutch studio and gets caught then he could technically be extradited to Holland to answer for it because the victim of the crime is a Dutch entity.

I think you have a great point though about coming up with a worldwide agreement on piracy enforcement. If we had some kind of system that just covered everybody then it would be much easier for the authorities to nail the pirates and shut down the websites they operate on.

it will not be for many, many years before international cybercrime can be fought against with succes. as long as only the entertainment business is at stake, no other countries government will spill too much money on it, other then the US. and the US will still only use a small amount of recourses. when in the future cybercrime starts to endanger governments more and more, real solutions will be found. the entertainment business will profit from that. but before that happens, pirating will be an everyday thing. all over the world. we this happening now with sites like the pirate bay and isohunt. if one country forbids one of those sites, others will welcome them.

whining old men alliance we're all pro
WebmaN is
jetflag
PostPosted: 11 August 2010 - 15:36:35 (692)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Though I myself buy music and think more people should use beatport etc. for there stuff (whats 1.35 euro for a track??)

I think the problem isn't the internet or the people that make use of it. These are just things you can't change no matter how hard you preach and yell. The majority of the world downloads illegally. Period. Even lawsuits against napster or piratebay turned into nothing.

Producers should just stop making music for money, Get another job instead and make music for the sake of music. If you make music for money, IMO you're forced to go along with the trends flow eventually turning your art, your music into cold hard business. And I think thats what makes music drop in its quality, not the fact that people download illegally.

my 2 cents.

Mythological
PostPosted: 12 August 2010 - 14:35:40 (649)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

jetflag wrote:
Though I myself buy music and think more people should use beatport etc. for there stuff (whats 1.35 euro for a track??)

I think the problem isn't the internet or the people that make use of it. These are just things you can't change no matter how hard you preach and yell. The majority of the world downloads illegally. Period. Even lawsuits against napster or piratebay turned into nothing.

Producers should just stop making music for money, Get another job instead and make music for the sake of music. If you make music for money, IMO you're forced to go along with the trends flow eventually turning your art, your music into cold hard business. And I think thats what makes music drop in its quality, not the fact that people download illegally.

my 2 cents.

The most 'cents' you've posted on this here forum so far lol thumbsup
jetflag
PostPosted: 14 August 2010 - 00:59:41 (083)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Mythological wrote:

i'm just a poor beer-addicted student m8, not a lot of money to spend on other stuff puh

ranndino
PostPosted: 18 August 2010 - 19:45:49 (865)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I'm gonna take a larger view of this, not just the EDM scene, but it applies across the board. The music industry has been whining about this for years now. Yes, it's wrong to download for free, but all the bitching in the world won't stop it. The cat is out of the bag, the genie is out of the bottle, etc & isn't going back in.

Labels & artists need to find creative ways to make money with a new business model instead of spending all their time bitching about something that is inevitable. This type of stuff happens in any kind of business all the time. Some new technology comes along and makes your whole previous business model obsolete. Music industry people are like horse carriage makers who whined about the invention of cars or Polaroid bitching about the invention of digital photography.

In business, especially these days, things move quick and only those who are able to adapt succeed. The rest bitch, moan & go out of business. If the music industry spent as much time thinking of new, creative ways to make money in the current environment instead of bitching maybe you guys would think of a way to do it by now. And if that means making a lot less then before then it is what it is. The days when a one hit wonder made enough money to retire on are over. Deal with it.

In the old days, before recording technology was invented entertainers made money the good, old fashioned way. By working hard to stage live performances. They can still make money that way today. The more people that have access to your music the more people will know of you and might come out to your live shows. The days of making something in a studio and living off that are gone whether you like it or not.

This is just a non-emotional view of this. I know that some people are unable to deal with reality if they don't like it & want to change it to suit their view of "what's right" so I'm surely gonna get flamed by people like that. Don't care. It won't change the fact that everything I said is 100% correct.
Mythological
PostPosted: 19 August 2010 - 20:17:30 (887)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

jetflag wrote:
Mythological wrote:

i'm just a poor beer-addicted student m8, not a lot of money to spend on other stuff puh

Heh, back in the day when i was a uni student, CD album buying was the #1 reason for putting students in debt lol

The internet then came along and changed aaaaaaaaaaaaaall that lol
jjspen16
PostPosted: 21 August 2010 - 00:56:31 (080)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Creative wrote:
micra_power wrote:
I don't buy these excuses. 12 years ago when I got into trance, I would save until I could afford a ?10 vinyl (when I was 13 and got ?5per week pocket money) often for 1 track on there. It was the only way I could get the music I wanted. I bet if you could only pay for music you'd learn how to save for it pretty fucking quickly.

well then, life sucks again, there are poor people and rich people, artists who make amazing music and barely earn something and dudes who make shit music and get big contracts, rich countries and poor countries, people who buy and people who steal

rich people don't care about poor people, artists who make shit music don't care about those who make amazing music, rich countries don't care about poor countries, i don't care about how artists don't earn money because of piracy

Totally agree
jetflag
PostPosted: 22 August 2010 - 16:07:32 (713)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Mythological wrote:
jetflag wrote:
Mythological wrote:

Heh, back in the day when i was a uni student, CD album buying was the #1 reason for putting students in debt lol

The internet then came along and changed aaaaaaaaaaaaaall that lol

that + you needed storage for it all, not that easy when living with 10 18year old beer-drunken kids on a 200 m2 dorm grin

Mythological
PostPosted: 22 August 2010 - 20:36:32 (900)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Lol? You don't have a room to yourself?
jetflag
PostPosted: 22 August 2010 - 20:47:17 (907)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I do now actually. I share a flat with 2 mates of mine who study aswell. i got like 12 m2 all for me, and the rest is shared. (bathroom, toilet, kitchen, lounge area etc.).

Mythological
PostPosted: 22 August 2010 - 22:39:33 (985)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

You mentioned in the 10 kids in a dorm of 200 m squared, so I assumed the opposite puh
jetflag
PostPosted: 23 August 2010 - 00:15:17 (052)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

had to do that for like a month, if you ever need to.....don't .

sleeping in the park is less expensive

and far more pleasant grin

Mythological
PostPosted: 24 August 2010 - 02:43:43 (155)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

LOL

Those days are finished buddy boy!

I did used to live in a three floor house with another 10 people however. We all had separate rooms however. I had the biggest room in the house cool

Everything else shared, but also quite large in size. We had a backyard big enough for playing 5 x 5 football grin