Users online: 0

Guests online: 99
Total online: 99
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  This makes me mad!  |   Page 1 of 16 | Jump To >> | Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Illegal downloads
micra_power
PostPosted: 06 April 2010 - 22:17:29 (970)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

As a hugely self centred man, I googled the name of my newly released track today. The first 3 pages were nothing but links to illegal downloads.

Now I'm fortunately not someone who relies on income from my music to survive, and it's a good job as there's clearly fuck all point in doing so these days.

If you're one of those who posts tracks for illegal downloads or downloads all their music this way then I have a simple message for you:

Get fucked.

Seriously, it's your fault that labels are folding. It's your fault producers can't make any money from their music and it's your fault so much of the small dance music scene is fighting for scraps and imploding.

I've seen plenty of my friends lose their livelihood, lose their businesses and in some cases go bankrupt because people aren't buying music any more. It's of no consequence to me if you download my music legally or illegally. The financial implications for me are irrelevant. But if you depend on music sales to survive, if your sales have gone from 15,000 units a month to 1,000 your business is doomed.

So next time you download illegally, remember that you're fucking up the music scene you claim to be part of. You're fucking an industry that needs all the help it can get. And you're fucking the artists and labels you pretend to support. So get fucked, you freeloading bastards.

www.twitter.com/willmau5
Will B: Upgrade 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdnSXdrn_rs
micra_power has retired from trance.
tiLberede
PostPosted: 06 April 2010 - 22:18:59 (971)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

+ a ginormous 1

PostPosted: 06 April 2010 - 22:22:54 (974)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Completely agree... while I could not give a crap if people pirate successful artists, if you claim to be "underground" and pirate you are completely fucked up in the head.
djnitride trance is dead
Creative
PostPosted: 06 April 2010 - 22:25:08 (975)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

oh not again
you should say it's our fault producers make shit music just to get signed to X label or reach ASOT, that some haven't even made one single track in their lifetime but get hugely promoted, that others get signed because they know some guy at some label, that when you go to a store you find all the possible shit labeled as trance or progressive (even if it's not), that beatport won't accept payments made by citizens from not-so-developed countries, that prices are so high, that shipping costs are so high in those countries and SO ON...

so YES, life is harsh, quality isn't promoted and we "illegally download"
move on with it

PostPosted: 06 April 2010 - 22:30:36 (979)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

agree with all you said! thumbsup

a'ndY pres. Entrancing Melodies on DiscoverTrance
Next Episode: Oct 4, 18 CET
andYMkIII R.I.P. trance.nu, thanks for everything, I had a great time here :,(
WebmaN
PostPosted: 06 April 2010 - 22:35:01 (982)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

jezus go cry in a corner man... we've been over this for like 1000 times allready. you're preaching at your own people anyway. it's not that you're new on t.nu or something.

i'm certainly not going to pay for the crap labels are pulling out by the hundreds under the name trance.. but spare me your tears, i won't waste any space on my harddisk either.

whining old men alliance we're all pro
WebmaN is
micra_power
PostPosted: 06 April 2010 - 22:36:00 (983)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Creative wrote:
oh not again
you should say it's our fault producers make shit music just to get signed to X label or reach ASOT, that some haven't even made one single track in their lifetime but get hugely promoted, that others get signed because they know some guy at some label, that when you go to a store you find all the possible shit labeled as trance or progressive (even if it's not), that beatport won't accept payments made by citizens from not-so-developed countries, that prices are so high, that shipping costs are so high in those countries and SO ON...

move on with it

Whatever. If people could afford £10 for imported vinyl 10 years ago, they can afford £0.59 for a download now. If you want to download for free then fine, but you're not supporting a fucking thing, you're ruining something you claim to love.

www.twitter.com/willmau5
Lydhus
PostPosted: 06 April 2010 - 22:39:36 (985)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

One word comes in my mind: VINYL!

If the dj and labels just could stick to vinyls, artists would earn money, labels would earn money, and djs will decrease in number. We dont need 2783719283791237912837912837912301923 djs in this world

Lydhus aka Sinfour | Issues | Pure Touch | White Penguin
Halcyon_Rave
PostPosted: 06 April 2010 - 22:41:57 (987)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Creative wrote:
oh not again

move on with it

As much as it sucks, I have to agree with this puh

I'm sorry underground producers who rely on income of songs to make money but I just can't afford to pay 3 dollars a track sad smilie
Halcyon_Rave Slowly creeping back into electronic music... with minimal!
Trancesystem
PostPosted: 06 April 2010 - 22:48:30 (992)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Lydhus wrote:
One word comes in my mind: VINYL!

If the dj and labels just could stick to vinyls, artists would earn money, labels would earn money, and djs will decrease in number. We dont need 2783719283791237912837912837912301923 djs in this world

So you wanna give a big fuck you to all people who doesnt buy vinyls? The music business is hard, i think DJ's should pay for the tracks they play out in clubs.

PostPosted: 06 April 2010 - 22:51:07 (993)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

micra_power wrote:
Creative wrote:
oh not again

move on with it

Whatever. If people could afford £10 for imported vinyl 10 years ago, they can afford £0.59 for a download now. If you want to download for free then fine, but you're not supporting a fucking thing, you're ruining something you claim to love.

don't worry, i'm not ruining anything
a real artist makes music because he loves to, not because of money, so he'll do it even if he won't earn as much as he thought
also, i'm buying what really deserves support, so don't worry about this either

by the way, 0.59? how about 1.99, 2.49...?
let's see, 2.49 times 5 - 12.45
in my country that's pretty much, considering you buy ~5 tracks per day

PostPosted: 06 April 2010 - 22:52:35 (994)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Quote:
I'm sorry underground producers who rely on income of songs to make money but I just can't afford to pay 3 dollars a track

then pay to download underground music and "illegally" download stuff from big labels/artists which is usually more "illegally" accessible than underground stuff

PostPosted: 06 April 2010 - 23:04:16 (002)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Another thought, producers and artists who are fairly known in the business such as JPL, Airbase and maybe Will B, why use labels to sell the music? Why not sell from your homepage and get more money from sells? But then maybe its not possible to sell through mp3 sites as well?

PostPosted: 06 April 2010 - 23:05:34 (003)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Don't get why anyone would want to hurt a label or an artist that they appreciate. I'm talking about those who work hard to spread files to gain some kind of very bizarra fame online. It makes no sense to me and it sure as hell is damaging the scene.

Popular, underground or whatnot - support the music you love.

Last edited by KrisA on 06 April 2010 - 23:08:35 (005); edited 1 time in total
micra_power
PostPosted: 06 April 2010 - 23:07:09 (004)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I don't buy these excuses. 12 years ago when I got into trance, I would save until I could afford a £10 vinyl (when I was 13 and got £5per week pocket money) often for 1 track on there. It was the only way I could get the music I wanted. I bet if you could only pay for music you'd learn how to save for it pretty fucking quickly.

www.twitter.com/willmau5