Users online: 0

Guests online: 57
Total online: 57
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  This makes me mad!  |   Page 3 of 3 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Myon & Shame 54
choski2
PostPosted: 12 March 2010 - 09:38:30 (443)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

jetflag wrote:

Non the less. In todays trance (house) scene the quality bar is a tracks mixing/mastering quality. not so much originality or creativity

And I find that troubling for trance and house music since with that mentality you'll have a bunch of songs that while produced well, sound all the same. Trance and house producers need to realize that originality and creativity ARE important. That's what made people like me fall in love with the music in the first place.
jetflag
PostPosted: 12 March 2010 - 15:14:12 (676)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

jetflag wrote:

but to all who despise this current development, rest assured! If history teaches us anything is that there will come a time when the balance shifts again from omg mastering to omg new and original

cheers to that cheers

choski2
PostPosted: 12 March 2010 - 22:30:43 (979)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

It still sucks. Why does the scene have to turn to shit before turning good again?
jetflag
PostPosted: 16 March 2010 - 17:50:28 (785)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

choski2 wrote:
It still sucks. Why does the scene have to turn to shit before turning good again?

its the way of the world my friend, call it karma if you like

Dolma07
PostPosted: 19 May 2010 - 14:38:35 (651)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Heard almost 20+ productions/remixes of these guys, Non of which are even 3/5 stars. Not a fan to be honest.
ziustem
PostPosted: 20 May 2010 - 04:52:00 (244)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

idk about the copies, maybe they did intentionally or not, idc about that.

But what's awesome about the guys it's some of their mashups ! cheers

PostPosted: 26 May 2010 - 10:54:59 (496)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I think it's ironic people calling them copy-cats , boring or generic . Not a fan of them , but from all these ASOT-playlisted DJs gigs I've attended so far , these 2 guys throw the biggest one yet . They surely know what party means and their "megamixes" and mashups are totally unique . Fair play to them thumbsup

PostPosted: 26 May 2010 - 11:31:24 (521)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

well, one can't stop a Zeitgeist, Not that I like it, but its the way all forms of art including music work. History has proven that much.

maybe the best thing one can do when beeing repulsed by a new development like this, is for the time beeing find another musical realm that does corrospond with one's taste, or, if you're a musician, stay true to form/ develope something totally new.

Deafeye
PostPosted: 03 June 2010 - 00:22:40 (057)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

bulletdodger wrote:
I think it's ironic people calling them copy-cats , boring or generic . Not a fan of them , but from all these ASOT-playlisted DJs gigs I've attended so far , these 2 guys throw the biggest one yet . They surely know what party means and their "megamixes" and mashups are totally unique . Fair play to them thumbsup

Mashups are good but megamixes aren't hard to make just add more synths to any songs wow! I don't give a shit!!!! if you DELIBERATELY copy another songs melody, you're an asshole. If you're inspired by another songs melody to do something similar, then you're not.

http://www.mpp.org
Deafeye Size Matters!
jetflag
PostPosted: 04 June 2010 - 15:37:03 (692)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Deafeye wrote:
bulletdodger wrote:

Mashups are good but megamixes aren't hard to make just add more synths to any songs wow! I don't give a shit!!!! if you DELIBERATELY copy another songs melody, you're an asshole. If you're inspired by another songs melody to do something similar, then you're not.

interresting thought there, since most people in the trance scene have no problem whatsoever with remixes beeing made. the only difference is the title in which you confirm the original artist and song title.

apart from that its a similair concept: copy paste melody/theme and replace the sound