Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  Trance.nu suggestions  |   Page 1 of 1 | Jump To >> |
trance.nu forum searchengine plugin for browsers
Plebben
PostPosted: 23 May 2009 - 18:33:50 (815)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

In firefox 2+ and IE 7+ you have a searchbox to the right of the addressbar. This searchbox by default conatins a lot of, in my oppinion, really worthless searchenignes.
But I can add a lot of custom searchengines that I like. For example: IMDB, Discogs, Youtube etc etc. All you need to do is to go to http://mycroft.mozdev.org and search for whatever searchengine you wanna have in you browser.
However all searchengines dont show up when you search their database. At least not trance.nu.

Now what I would like is a trance.nu forumsearch to be added in my browsers searchbox. And someone needs to do a plugin for that, as far as I can tell.

Since trance.nu isnt lightningfast in loading here in sweden I would be thrilled if you guys could do a plugin for the trance.nu searchengine so that I can search trance.nu directly from my browser.

Anyone else into this idea?

PostPosted: 23 May 2009 - 18:55:30 (830)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

That would take 0.23secs in Opera, and you wouldn't have to pollute your browser window with extra bars/boxes. happy
TerkDawn
PostPosted: 23 May 2009 - 18:57:13 (831)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

huntelaar wrote:
That would take 0.23secs in Opera, and you wouldn't have to pollute your browser window with extra bars/boxes. happy

Amazingly pointless answer.

I like the idea, I vote for it!

huntelaar
PostPosted: 23 May 2009 - 19:08:09 (838)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

TerkDawn wrote:
huntelaar wrote:

How is informing about a good alternative solution to his problem being pointless?
I can see how it fades in the likes of your brilliant suggestion though, but at least I tried.
TerkDawn
PostPosted: 23 May 2009 - 19:53:12 (870)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

huntelaar wrote:
TerkDawn wrote:
huntelaar wrote:

How is informing about a good alternative solution to his problem being pointless?
I can see how it fades in the likes of your brilliant suggestion though, but at least I tried.

Well, it's not completely pointless, I'm sorry.
However, there are those of us who actually like the browser we currently use. I myself use Firefox, and I won't change it. Therefore i think it would be nice to a have a searchgizmothingie he asks for. So I answered as I did because I don't believe he's asking for a "Safari owns Opera"-thread.
Oh, and what's with the sarcasm?

happy

Last edited by TerkDawn on 23 May 2009 - 19:56:33 (872); edited 1 time in total

Plebben
PostPosted: 23 May 2009 - 19:53:49 (870)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

huntelaar wrote:

0.23 is to slow for me newbie
The searchbar is there by default in both Firefox and IE and I like it that way. I dont want to change to Opera. I want a plugin for trance.nu

PostPosted: 23 May 2009 - 22:47:43 (991)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

its easy to do