Users online: 0

Guests online: 121
Total online: 121
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  This makes me mad!  |   Page 2 of 3 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Armin van Buuren Voted the #2 Dj in the World
Deafeye
PostPosted: 12 June 2009 - 03:02:59 (168)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

oldblue1224 wrote:
are you the guy that keeps crying that you're the only trance dj in florida? you need to just stop posting

Not in florida, plenty of Trance Dj's in Florida.

In CENTRAL Florida, however, I am one of the only.

Jonathan Martin and myself.

And what the fuck do you know. It is hard enough getting gigs and trying to convince a large crowd that is afraid to dance to ANYTHING they haven't heard before to listen to two hours of trance and getting called back. If I ever in my life encounter an audience that actually LIKES trance I'll fucking burn the roof of that place down, you better believe it.

You think I give a rats ass about some fucking guy at Trance.nu that says im crying?

I'm not "crying" im trying to find similar minds because strength is in numbers.

http://www.mpp.org
Deafeye Size Matters!
Deafeye
PostPosted: 12 June 2009 - 03:04:18 (169)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Kakakaka wrote:
Was OMGTIJS their number 1 then ?

Tiesto.

Deafeye Size Matters!
Deafeye
PostPosted: 12 June 2009 - 03:14:12 (176)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Rick Mage wrote:
^

It's because they refuse to let those couple of hundred thousand "noobs", who actually vote on those silly polls, dictate to the whole world who the number DJ in the world is when we have tens of millions of EDM lovers. There is no number 1 DJ in the world. And there are a lots of DJs\producers who are just as popular as armin, Tiesto, Ferry, and PVD. Like I said before....I don't recognize DJ Mag/DJ List as being the representative of the world. So, I don't recognize Armin as the number 1 or 2 DJ in the world. I will recognize him as being number 2 for all the DJ Mag\DJ List "noobs". cool And until it stops being where there are more die hard Westbam, Kai Tracid, or Talla 2xlc fans, in the Frankfurt area alone, than all the "noobs" who vote on that silly DJ Mag/DJ List...I'll never take DJ Mag or DJ List seriously....I'll certainly won't book anyone only according to DJ Mag or DJ List. What kind of fuckin' moron does that?? They're just hurting the scene by doing that.

And like I said, there is no number 1 DJ in the world. And as soon as you have a silly ranking system, is as soon as people tend to close their little blinders shut to where they can only see the DJs ranked high on that silly list. I feel that DJ Mag and DJ List are only shutting out hundreds of thousands of noobs to what they see ranked high on those silly lists. Seriously. If you have never heard of Talla 2xlc, Westbam, or Kai Tracid....you've got your blinders on. puh Those fuckers are big in the scene! When I first came here, in 2006, most people in this forum never heard of any of them. In fact, some idiot thought that Talla 2xlc was a group. puh And he refused to believe me when I said he was just one person! puh DJ Mag and DJ List are blinders that should really be taken off for the better of the good. happy

Your denial about how the music industry works is the ONLY blinders I see here.

Print magazines is a powerful medium, and so far, there isn't a Rolling Stone of trance. There's only two magazines that are popular enough to hold a Dj poll and YES there should be a Dj poll. There's Billboard Top 40 too, which is also a crock of shit, but that's how the music industry works.

Polls, rankings, stats, votes.

It's a fact of life.

I can walk to 100 strangers right now and ask every single one of them if they've ever heard of Armin and they will tell me "no."

I asked a girl once if she knew who Armin Van Buuren was and she said "is he a painter?" LOL.

Truth is, #1 Dj poll isn't the only #1 award Armin has gotten. This VERY site gave him that award. He keeps getting dance awards all over the place, including in his home country.

But like Metallica, there will always be the those who think they are the pure fans of trance that will disown one of their own as soon as they reach stardom too. Hahah, this is funny too.

"We are sellouts, we sell out every show" -Lars Ulrich.

If I told you you can quit your current job and jump on the next plane to whichever giant club of your choice and play all of Armin's gigs, and mix ASOT from now on as his successor, and receive his big fat monthly paycheck and get 20 million views on your next YouTube release, you WILL NOT SAY NO!

Nuff said.

Deafeye Size Matters!
Deafeye
PostPosted: 12 June 2009 - 03:20:22 (180)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Also, if DJ Mag ONLY receives a couple hundred thousand votes, I believe that its because only the most dedicated fans of the genre care enough to vote.

If you disagree with the vote, the go fucking vote so someone else can win.

DUH! ...

Deafeye Size Matters!
QWERTY.
PostPosted: 12 June 2009 - 04:40:31 (236)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Deafeye wrote:
I believe that its because only the most dedicated fans of the genre care enough to vote.

not really.

I like my sugar with coffee and cream.
QWERTY. Miss you tnu :(
RichardClairemont
PostPosted: 12 June 2009 - 05:58:11 (290)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Deafeye wrote:
Also, if DJ Mag ONLY receives a couple hundred thousand votes, I believe that its because only the most dedicated fans of the genre care enough to vote.

If you disagree with the vote, the go fucking vote so someone else can win.

DUH! ...

I think that's really an oversimplification but you have a point...a lot of the people who bash Armin and co. are also saying how useless it is to bother to vote in the poll in the first place and that they refuse to take part in it.
RichardClairemont Adios amigos
Deafeye
PostPosted: 13 June 2009 - 01:07:33 (088)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

RichardClairemont wrote:
"You know, at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, they have a marvelous piece of equipment. There sits in a large laboratory one of the strongest microscopes on the planet that can zoom in far enough to make the inner workings of the atom as clear as a summer sunrise to the human eye. You would have to take your problem, put it under this microscope, and amplify it twenty five times beyond the limits of the glass in order to make it large enough for me to even begin to consider giving a rat's ass about it."

--Frasier Crane

LOL!!!!

This was hilarious...

Deafeye Size Matters!
Deafeye
PostPosted: 13 June 2009 - 01:10:32 (090)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

QWERTY. wrote:
Deafeye wrote:
I believe that its because only the most dedicated fans of the genre care enough to vote.

not really.

If you care about the state of trance, no pun intended, you should go out there and vote in the most important polls and contests for your favorite artists.

Not sit on your ass when Armin Van Buuren wins another award.

The only reason I bet Armin always wins is because his fans LOVE voting for his ass. Its like a disease.

I bet you more ppl listen to Pete Tongs radio show but nobody goes vote for it ever...

Deafeye Size Matters!
Rick Mage
PostPosted: 13 June 2009 - 04:33:27 (231)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Rick Mage wrote:
^

It's because they refuse to let those couple of hundred thousand "noobs", who actually vote on those silly polls, dictate to the whole world who the number DJ in the world is when we have tens of millions of EDM lovers. There is no number 1 DJ in the world. And there are a lots of DJs\producers who are just as popular as armin, Tiesto, Ferry, and PVD. Like I said before....I don't recognize DJ Mag/DJ List as being the representative of the world. So, I don't recognize Armin as the number 1 or 2 DJ in the world. I will recognize him as being number 2 for all the DJ Mag\DJ List "noobs". cool And until it stops being where there are more die hard Westbam, Kai Tracid, or Talla 2xlc fans, in the Frankfurt area alone, than all the "noobs" who vote on that silly DJ Mag/DJ List...I'll never take DJ Mag or DJ List seriously....I'll certainly won't book anyone only according to DJ Mag or DJ List. What kind of fuckin' moron does that?? They're just hurting the scene by doing that.

And like I said, there is no number 1 DJ in the world. And as soon as you have a silly ranking system, is as soon as people tend to close their little blinders shut to where they can only see the DJs ranked high on that silly list. I feel that DJ Mag and DJ List are only shutting out hundreds of thousands of noobs to what they see ranked high on those silly lists. Seriously. If you have never heard of Talla 2xlc, Westbam, or Kai Tracid....you've got your blinders on. puh Those fuckers are big in the scene! When I first came here, in 2006, most people in this forum never heard of any of them. In fact, some idiot thought that Talla 2xlc was a group. puh And he refused to believe me when I said he was just one person! puh DJ Mag and DJ List are blinders that should really be taken off for the better of the good. happy

Deafeye wrote:

Your denial about how the music industry works is the ONLY blinders I see here.
Dude, have you ever stepped one foot outside of Winter Springs? puh Funny, that was the same thing I was saying about all you "DJ Mag/DJ List" faithfuls\noobs. cool
Deafeye wrote:

Print magazines is a powerful medium, and so far, there isn't a Rolling Stone of trance. There's only two magazines that are popular enough to hold a Dj poll and YES there should be a Dj poll. There's Billboard Top 40 too, which is also a crock of shit, but that's how the music industry works.

Polls, rankings, stats, votes.

It's a fact of life.
Top 40 is commercial. Do we "really" want our whole scene to go that rout? Besides, I am not gonna let some magazine dictate to me who the number 1 DJ in the world is. There is no number DJ in the world. Example: Westbam has just as many, if not more, fans as Tiesto or Ferry does. And he has waaay more fans than that retard, Deadmau5. But some poll, using only a couple of hundred thousand kid\noobs, who got nothing else better to do, say otherwise? puh
Deafeye wrote:

I can walk to 100 strangers right now and ask every single one of them if they've ever heard of Armin and they will tell me "no."

I asked a girl once if she knew who Armin Van Buuren was and she said "is he a painter?" LOL.
You just made another point for my argument. Thanks.
Deafeye wrote:

Truth is, #1 Dj poll isn't the only #1 award Armin has gotten. This VERY site gave him that award. He keeps getting dance awards all over the place, including in his home country.
And other EDM DJs get number 1 on many other polls, too. So what? Thanks for making another point for me. happy Something tells me that if the creators of DJ Mag or DJ List were residing in Italy or Spain, at the time of conception, that we would have total different DJs ranked in that top 20. Tiesto, Armin, or Ferry would have never been ranked #1. I'm trying to find out where those magazine came from. But another point I'm making is this. Say, that a magazine came out in the Netherlands. The only people that know about this pole, when it comes out, are people from the Netherlands. Who do you think that they are going to vote for?? Most likely DJs from their region. Now, say that this same magazine gets great publicity, because of the web, and you're some noob looking at it, with not much time put in the EDM scene. The first thing you're gonna do is look at a poll that says it represents the world...when it really doesn't. The next thing you're gonna see are the DJs ranked in the top ten of that poll. Do you see where I'm getting at?? Do I really need to go on?
Deafeye wrote:

But like Metallica, there will always be the those who think they are the pure fans of trance that will disown one of their own as soon as they reach stardom too. Hahah, this is funny too. "We are sellouts, we sell out every show" -Lars Ulrich.
Uh, what?? You do know that you don't have to be ranked high, in that silly mag, to reach stardom, don't you?? Tiesto, Armin, and Ferry aren't the only DJs selling parties out. cool But a event is MUCH better when it's not a DJ selling out a party...but the EVENT that is selling out their party.
Deafeye wrote:

If I told you you can quit your current job and jump on the next plane to whichever giant club of your choice and play all of Armin's gigs, and mix ASOT from now on as his successor, and receive his big fat monthly paycheck and get 20 million views on your next YouTube release, you WILL NOT SAY NO!
Nuff said.
This isn't about me. cool This is about a bunch of superstar DJs, who are just as popular as Tiesto or Armin, being over looked by a bunch of "noobs" on DJ List/DJ Mag. Example: Do your seriously think that if Kai Tracid, DJ Dag, Talla 2xlc, Dave 202, DJ Dean, Westbam, or Marusha went to a massive club, playing their style of music, that the club would turn them down?? puh Do you seriously think Miss Shiva, bringing her hard trance tunes on vinyl, would get turned down at a hard trance club? puh Or do you think the club owners would be scurrying for some technics grandmasters to hook up? cool

Deafeye wrote:
QWERTY. wrote:
Deafeye wrote:

not really.

If you care about the state of trance, no pun intended, you should go out there and vote in the most important polls and contests for your favorite artists. Not sit on your ass when Armin Van Buuren wins another award.
The only reason I bet Armin always wins is because his fans LOVE voting for his ass. Its like a disease. I bet you more ppl listen to Pete Tongs radio show but nobody goes vote for it ever...
I don't vote BECAUSE I DO CARE. cool The reasons, stated in my other post. And has it ever accrued that there are millions of EDM lovers who have never heard of DJ List or DJ Mag? Hell, I never really heard of it until 2004. And if you think something is a complete fraud, why the hell should you support it?? Why feed more wood to the fire? But if you really care about the EDM scene, you should really look outside the DJ Mag/DJ List box and go discover some DJs. cool If you did, you might find a bunch of producers, like JTB, that are way better of a producer than Armin, Tiesto or Ferry. And don't take those magazines too seriously.

RVZ
PostPosted: 16 June 2009 - 01:55:31 (121)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

[quote="Rick Mage"]
Rick Mage wrote:
^
I don't vote BECAUSE I DO CARE. cool (...) And if you think something is a complete fraud, why the hell should you support it??

If you live in a country where elections might be fraudulent, wouldn't you still vote and (try to) make a difference?
RVZ This caught me by surprise. Such a shame, this is horrible. I'm shocked
Deafeye
PostPosted: 22 June 2009 - 07:30:36 (354)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

[quote="RVZ"]
Rick Mage wrote:
Rick Mage wrote:
^
I don't vote BECAUSE I DO CARE. cool (...) And if you think something is a complete fraud, why the hell should you support it??

If you live in a country where elections might be fraudulent, wouldn't you still vote and (try to) make a difference?

Look at the Iranian's...

Deafeye Size Matters!
RVZ
PostPosted: 23 June 2009 - 01:49:08 (117)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

[quote="Deafeye"]
RVZ wrote:
Rick Mage wrote:
Rick Mage wrote:
^

Look at the Iranian's...

Exactly. But it's by rallies and protests that people can make the difference.
Deafeye
PostPosted: 23 June 2009 - 02:07:53 (130)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Yes, all enemies of Armin must march in the street and burn cars to get him dethroned lol...

Deafeye Size Matters!
RVZ
PostPosted: 23 June 2009 - 02:28:20 (144)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Deafeye wrote:
Yes, all enemies of Armin must march in the street and burn cars to get him dethroned lol...

LOL! And the DJMag coucil will arrest them. puh but what I meant was that is by voting and participating that people make the difference. And well, this is not so serious as elections in Iran, obviously. Which doesn't mean that we aren't vote on a simple poll...
Deafeye
PostPosted: 23 June 2009 - 02:49:04 (159)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

RVZ wrote:
Deafeye wrote:

LOL! And the DJMag coucil will arrest them. puh but what I meant was that is by voting and participating that people make the difference. And well, this is not so serious as elections in Iran, obviously. Which doesn't mean that we aren't vote on a simple poll...

This is all about the poll with the biggest dick, in which case Dj mag pretty much it, unless a more popular magazine starts a poll and then we're talking.

Deafeye Size Matters!