Users online: 0

Guests online: 141
Total online: 141
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  Top lists  |   Page 1 of 7 | Jump To >> | Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
5 records that changed your life
the moonpainter
PostPosted: 21 April 2008 - 01:05:10 (086)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Which 5 records changed your life, influenced you most,... you know what I mean. Post them.

Kraftwerk - The Mix (1991)
http://www.discogs.com/release/204953

The very first time I heard electronic music, when I was only three years old. Probably this was the first time a record of my parents influenced me that much. BAck then I was very fascinated from this kind of music, because it was so different compared with the other sounds I knew.

Music Instructor - Electric City Of Music Instructor (1998)
http://www.discogs.com/release/501932

After being a listener of mostly mainstream music and the music my brother liked, this album brought the change. It may also be a commercial mainstream album but it definitely set a mark for me and made me to a listener of electronic music.

ATB - Two Worlds (2000)
http://www.discogs.com/release/17529

And then... there was Trance. Amazing, melodic, wonderful... perfect. This album is definitely the best ATB has ever produced. The opening track "See U Again" is one of my alltime favourites, which is related with many memories. It features also a load of Ambient tracks, which are timeless.

Andain - Beautiful Things/Gabriel & Dresden Unpluggend Mix (2003)
http://www.discogs.com/release/142402

Do I really need to say anything else? This one is unique, a masterpiece. My all time favourite track (so far...).

Above & Beyond - Can't Sleep/Sonorous Mix (2006)
http://www.discogs.com/release/724882

Never before a track hit me like this one. It was just like the lyrics were taken directly from my soul, so the sound. In my opinion the Sonorous Mix is very underrated and too unknown, but it is definitely the best realization of the song's topic.
Dalh
PostPosted: 21 April 2008 - 01:30:37 (104)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Michael Jackson - You're Not Alone (1995)
My childhood was not very music oriented, but this was something special. I was 5 years old when I first heard it on his HIStory - Past, Present And Future, Book I. It was so catching, but yet so sad. I remember I sung it day and night, although I didn't know any words of the song.

ATB - 9PM (Till I Come) (1998)
I remember hearing this tune on Norwegian TV channels. The video was so cool back then happy. This was one of the records which got me into trance. I also remember buying an Aha CD, because I thought it was by ATB...

Mr Oizo - Flat Beat (1999)
No further details needed. Everything about that tune was so awesome back then!. Remember having a Flat-Eric plush toy which I loved, but my dog fucked killed him unhappy

Ace's Delight - Mental Theme (2003)
This is the record which really made me realize ''This is the music I love, and always will love''. Everything about that tune is perfect.

Soulja Boy - Crank Dat (2007)
Seriously... wtf!
russianpirate
PostPosted: 21 April 2008 - 01:39:08 (110)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Scooter - Age of Love
    ATB - 9PM
    Paul van Dyk - For an Angel
    Sash - Colour the World
    Three Drives on a Vinyl - Greece 2000

DanSunshineDahl
PostPosted: 21 April 2008 - 01:58:02 (123)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Energy 52 - Café del Mar (Three 'N One Remix)

Youtube link

Probably the first trance tune I ever heard. Maybe. What was this? No song? Only an awesome, addictive melody? Is there more of this? That's when it started...

Edit: Or was it Robert Miles - Children (Dream Version)?
Sorry, I have to squeeze it in...

Youtube link

No explanation needed, other than the piano melody.

Antiloop - Start Rockin'

Youtube link

Liked their older songs too, but the Fastlane People-album truly showed their mastery of EDM. So cool sound, so different from everything else at the time. Pioneers for me.

Gouryella - Gouryella (Original Mix)

Youtube link

This tune. It had it all for me. An awesome baseline, interesting buildup (atm), uplifting melody which I couldn't get enough of. This had Ferry all over it, judging from the other tunes he made, Tiesto probably didn't do anything. puh

ATB - 9PM (Matt Darey Mix)

Youtube link

Matt Darey turned a mediocre song into pure awesomeness. Darker, interesting build, awesome atmosphere. Still, until this day, my favorite remix ever. First heard on Matt Darey's legendary Ibizia Euphoria, on which I heard a lot of awesome tunes. Really the compilation that got me head first into trance. Also heard Gouryella - Gouryella (Original Mix) here for the first time. All the tunes fit so well, like an EDM orgasm.

Alphazone - Rockin' (Original Mix)

Youtube link

Wow! The energy! Never heard this before, where a hard beat was so well executed with an uplifting melody. Hard, and uplifting - it's how I want to make my music, and it is what I've been trying to achieve the latest couple of years.

*cough*7th*cough* Man Award > Flutlicht - The Fall (Deep Fall Mix)

Youtube link

Also very dark and energetic, with an awesome rolling bassline. And the melody together with this semi-hard beat. I had to mention it.

Last edited by DanSunshineDahl on 21 April 2008 - 02:09:13 (131); edited 7 times in total
Kakakaka
PostPosted: 21 April 2008 - 01:58:51 (124)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Pfffffffff Ehhhh hmmm....

Robet Miles - Children
Prob the first trance song i ever heard that i can remember. I prob heard other ones, but i cant actually remember it at the time.

John Lennon - Imagine
Made me look at the world a completely different way.

Bob Marley - Redemption Song
Same as Imagine, just blew me away when i heard it, the lyrics just grabbed me and sucked me in. Just inspires me.

Tiesto - Adagio For String
Yeh yeh, i know. Tbh i stopped listening to dance for a long time and this was one of the tracks on a Tiesto In Concert DVD i watched which got be back into the trance scene.

Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes
The same year i got back into trance i took alot of drugs, this song reminds me of taking a crazy amount one night and being in a state me and my mate could hardly walk/speak/remember 3 seconds ago. I think of this song, i think of how i felt then and it makes me not want to end up like that again.
Kakakaka Managed to change his status !!!!!
djriddler
PostPosted: 21 April 2008 - 02:01:43 (126)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Circuit - The Transport Of Love

Jam & Spoon - Right In The Night

Moby - Move

Party Animals - Used & abused

Major League - Wonder Where You Are...

www.myspace.com/audiosunshine
hilliard
PostPosted: 21 April 2008 - 02:16:22 (136)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

N-Trance - Set U Free
i heard this when i was like 6-7, it bought me into edm at a very young age, still absolutely adore this track.

Darren Tate vs Jono Grant - Let the Light Shine In
the most beautiful melody in trance music imo, i cried when i first heard this track.

Sash! - Ecuador
Sash! was a big influence to me (music wise), this is the track that really made me sit up & listen, i remember sitting with my best mate listening to this track when we were at school.

Witness of Wonder - Emotion in Motion (Thrillseekers remix)
reminded's me so much of 2004 (so many good tracks in '04), stunning track which i play to lift me when i'm feeling down.

Snowpatrol - Chasing Cars
made me realize how beautiful indie/rock tracks can be.

so many tracks have ment something to me, these are the tracks i can remember atm but they are special.

Stam
PostPosted: 21 April 2008 - 02:17:21 (137)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

The Age of Love - The Age of Love
Odyssey of Noises - Firedance
Cygnus X - The Orange Theme
Virtual Symmetry - The Discovered Theme
Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar
arsenijcz2
PostPosted: 21 April 2008 - 02:36:02 (150)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

scooter - ramp (logical song) hhhaaa....i know...i was young and silly
greece 2000
atb - extacy
armin van buuren - zocalo
mc_eric - ked pride laska (czech pop song)

phoenix_starr
PostPosted: 21 April 2008 - 02:59:23 (166)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Coretex - Lay Your Wings Around Me
first trance track I ever heard. introduced me to dance. When I heard this song he was unsigned, but today he's makin it.

Kaskade - Be Still
the first Kaskade track I ever heard. When I saw Kaskade, he played this. Also at his show I fell in love with house and decided to play house as a DJ.

Oceanlab - Satellite
I cried like a baby the first time I heard this

Ferry Corsten - Rock Your Body Rock
song that introduced me to Ferry!

Bryan Adams - A Day Like Today
okay, not EDM but the lyrics.....changed my life, my heart, my mind. a really powerful song

QWERTY.
PostPosted: 21 April 2008 - 03:06:01 (170)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

hilliard wrote:

Darren Tate vs Jono Grant- Let the Light Shine In
the most beautiful melody in trance music imo, i cried when i first heard this track.

Witness of Wonder - Emotion in Motion (Thrillseekers remix)
reminded's me so much of 2004 (so many good tracks in '04), stunning track which i play to lift me when i'm feeling down.

omg hillard , very similar tastes in music heart

c) The thrillseekers- Synaesthesia ( En-Motion mix)
one of the only couple that still give me shivers.

d) Robert miles - one and one
the tune speaks for itself.. so old but so many memories.

e) solarstone - seven cities. heart

I like my sugar with coffee and cream.
QWERTY. Miss you tnu :(
Lydhus
PostPosted: 21 April 2008 - 03:11:47 (174)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

It bega woth scooter and faithless.. but what really turned my life upside down (in a positive way that is) was Forbidden Paradise 7

Lydhus aka Sinfour | Issues | Pure Touch | White Penguin
euphoria_ibiza
PostPosted: 21 April 2008 - 03:16:18 (177)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

prodigy - weather experience
bt - flaming june
chemical brothers - leave home
moby - feeling so real
faithless - insomnia / salva mea

kris nebroso
PostPosted: 21 April 2008 - 03:25:40 (184)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Ayla - 'Ayla' (Original DJ Taucher mix) [Additive]
The TUNE that started it all off for me.
Can't even begin to tell you how much this really did change my whole life.
On first listen, back in '97 - '98, I was just instantly 'hooked'.

Groovezone - Eisbaer (Extended mix) [Additive]
Heard Judge Jules play this on his Friday night show back in '97, and it was one tune that really got me 'turned on' to dance music in general.

Y Traxx - Mystery Land (Original Version)
[FFRR]
Another absolute classic that I never get bored of hearing. Back when it was first released, life was good, and as soon as I play this gem now, it instantly takes me back to a memorable place.

Lange - 'I Believe' (DJ Tandu remix)
[Additive]
First heard this in college with a very good mate of mine. It was on Tandu's old website where you could listen to samples of all his productions / remixes. Subsequently we both ended up scanning the whole Tandu discography, and discovered unknown gems that really should have had more exposure. Apart from 'Ayla', I don't think i've ever been instantly 'grabbed' by a melody as much as the one this has. It was also this tune that helped me discover: Ayla 'Nirwana' (The Album)

Matt Schwartz presents. Sholan 'Can You Feel' [What I'm Going Thru] (Thrillseekers remix) [DATA]
This tune is just another classic for me that grabbed my attention on first listen. I'd definitely go as far as saying that it changed my life, as it came out at a good time for me. I'd just met a wonderful girl at the time, and I actually had to ask her if I could borrow her "MOS The Annual Spring 2003" compilation, only a couple of days after meeting her, because I just wanted to play this sublime bit of trance over and over!.......and I did too.

(so I think ultimately it's that I have to thank for giving me some excellent memories to look back on) heart
mizzar
PostPosted: 21 April 2008 - 03:31:18 (188)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

It's very hard to choose only five but here they are:

- Southern Sun (Tiesto's remix) - Paul Oakenfold
- Just be - Tiesto
- For an angel - Paul van Dyk
- Hope - Lemon & Einar K
- Gouryella- Gouryella