Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  Off Topics  |   Page 1 of 3 | Jump To >> | Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
what the #@%$ ..
CrOwnDOuja
PostPosted: 15 August 2005 - 03:28:49 (186)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

"What the Bleep Do We Know" ... I highly recommend this film to any of you out there. I just watched it and it's absolutely mind boggling. Maybe some of you have seen it, it's a bout quantum physics, and ties in religion real nicely into it. It really makes you see things outside of your own reality. I now think that quantum physics is the only true religion, where we are gods, each one of us.

PostPosted: 15 August 2005 - 03:51:18 (202)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Thanks for recommending. I'll check it out sometime.

Found some reviews and shit about it too. Made me even more interested.
cusis
PostPosted: 15 August 2005 - 04:00:26 (208)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Yeh i think i saw this movie really recently, not sure if its the same one, but it got me thinking way too much, in the one i watched, if quantum physic does exist or wotever, then none of you exist, and everything i know and heard including my image doesnt exist in reality im just making it up as i go, or usmin liek that its complicated stuff! lol

CrOwnDOuja
PostPosted: 15 August 2005 - 04:40:03 (236)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

See it, then get back to me what you think, we should exchange some thoughts....i mean quantum physics is the last frontier in science...as to who we are why we are, and what really is.

PostPosted: 15 August 2005 - 04:56:00 (247)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

This would be a perfect movie for me.

Link or stfu.

It's all in your head...
Shiva is missing t.nu - please check out www.trancenu.tk
Toscher
PostPosted: 15 August 2005 - 04:57:46 (248)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Saw this one as a "date" movie. lol

Within the breast of a man, roars the heart of a lion.

The woman, none but the lion tamer, cages this lion. Reminds him he is only a man.
Toscher So much for high KARMA!
DJCRICKET
PostPosted: 15 August 2005 - 05:20:52 (264)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I have seen this film and my impression was that it was nothing special. A friend of mine in the dorms recomended it to me becuase he knew I am into conciousness and philosophy etc.

I think the movie ripped of a lot of material from various sources and people, especially their ideas of the metapohysical. This movie does not display anything new, but tries to put the metaphysical into scientific prespective, which cannot be done.

the film is pretty much all non-sense and claiming to know something. I think there are far better films and books to be read than spending time on this disney movie trying to explain transcendence of self.

Read Kant's critique of judgement and reason. Maybe read phenemenology of spirit by hegel or for a movie see Baraka or Waking life.

Science will never be able talk about or even touch upon the metaphysical, religion, conciousness, the mind, or anything talking about truth or reality.

The movie was fun, but I felt it was trying too hard and going off random theories and trying to make people believe in something, like it had credulity.
DJCRICKET 0/10
originalfairyqueen
PostPosted: 15 August 2005 - 05:23:36 (266)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

DJCRICKET wrote:
far better films and books to be read than spending time on this disney movie trying to explain transcendence of self.

lol lol

I have not seen the movie and have no opinion on it myself but that did make me laugh- puh
originalfairyqueen You see me now a veteran Of a thousand psychic wars
DJCRICKET
PostPosted: 15 August 2005 - 05:32:04 (272)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

well i mean it was cool how they use computers and graphic animation to show the brain and quantum particles, but its all HIGHLY theoritcal, only becuase they are trying to bridge the gap between faith and reason. these scientists portrayed in the film forget, or maybe they edited out the part, where the scientists and religionists define reason and faith , becuase its like one minute they discuss the science of the particle then they start displaying images so that the veiwer can begin visualizing an affect that these explanations of tiny energy particles have on them without explaining the source. Scientists forget to state what their intentions are when observing particles they cannot even see to insinuate or produce principles of reality, which change through paradigms of science evolution.

im not saying dont watch the film becuase it may get you interested in discovering how credulous these people are.
DJCRICKET 0/10
CrOwnDOuja
PostPosted: 15 August 2005 - 05:37:22 (275)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Quote:
I have seen this film and my impression was that it was nothing special. A friend of mine in the dorms recomended it to me becuase he knew I am into conciousness and philosophy etc.

I think the movie ripped of a lot of material from various sources and people, especially their ideas of the metapohysical. This movie does not display anything new, but tries to put the metaphysical into scientific prespective, which cannot be done.

the film is pretty much all non-sense and claiming to know something. I think there are far better films and books to be read than spending time on this disney movie trying to explain transcendence of self.

Read Kant's critique of judgement and reason. Maybe read phenemenology of spirit by hegel or for a movie see Baraka or Waking life.

Science will never be able talk about or even touch upon the metaphysical, religion, conciousness, the mind, or anything talking about truth or reality.

The movie was fun, but I felt it was trying too hard and going off random theories and trying to make people believe in something, like it had credulity.
Maybe what you need to do is "transcend" being a dingy.. and see it for what it is. It is a movie made so that most people can understand quantum physics and how they relate to everyday life...this movie wasnt trying to be hardcore scientific where it would put a majority of the audience to sleep, but is catered towards a wider audience. No one wants to fuckin watch some boring documentary...this is well done, and is funny and entertaining as well as educational. Maybe if you are so into those other books, u can make ur own thread about thos books....but then again its not the books is it, so take it for what it is.

PS - fairy queen, you are the official jock hopping thread troll.

PostPosted: 15 August 2005 - 05:39:20 (277)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Shiva wrote:
Link or stfu.

It's all in your head...
Shiva is missing t.nu - please check out www.trancenu.tk
DJCRICKET
PostPosted: 15 August 2005 - 05:39:36 (277)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

my picture perfect memory actually recalls a thought that the school of enlightenment founder from scandinavia had, which was:

"arrogance is the defining and knowledge of ones god. We are God's. God is love , god is not a condemning god."

I think the most fascinating thing from what she said was "we are god's", which given her non-american cultivation I translate it as
"We are for God."

also i like the scene where the scientists says I ask (pray) every morning to see a sign of something I could have not though up (like a mircale). I think life should playful like this. That we can treat objects in time and space with two perspectives, as a phenomenon and from a scientific standpoint to share experiences with others. To be a fanatic of either one side would be to take ones mind for granted. ok im done with this rant.

these quotes are not by verbatim, cuz I saw this movie many months ago.
DJCRICKET 0/10
CrOwnDOuja
PostPosted: 15 August 2005 - 05:42:59 (279)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Oh and I also think they put everything out on the table for you, and werent trying to shove religion down ur throat....ur obviously mistaken...they even said that the religions that were placed upon people in the past such as Christianity created a path in life..for people the way they should and shouldnt live..and they were tryin to explain what quantum physics/mechanics is and isnt as compared to those religions my friend. They arent trying to recruit anyone towards any faith, dont misguide....they are simply putting up Quantum Phys. against christianity in the fact that Quantum Phys./Mech. is right there for you to see, there is no bullshitting.....its mostly based on fact, and STRESS that the doors are open for you to form your own opinions and beliefs, "you are your own god".

PostPosted: 15 August 2005 - 05:46:18 (282)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

CrOwnDOuja wrote:
Quote:

Maybe what you need to do is "transcend" being a dingy.. and see it for what it is. It is a movie made so that most people can understand quantum physics and how they relate to everyday life...this movie wasnt trying to be hardcore scientific where it would put a majority of the audience to sleep, but is catered towards a wider audience. No one wants to fuckin watch some boring documentary...this is well done, and is funny and entertaining as well as educational. Maybe if you are so into those other books, u can make ur own thread about thos books....but then again its not the books is it, so take it for what it is.

PS - fairy queen, you are the official jock hopping thread troll.

and how do quantum physics affect everyday life? I thought I saw it for what it is. My interpretation was that it was shallow becuase they use science to justify and persuade beliefs and principles of reality. A christian is the opposite; he uses faith to justify and produce principles of reality or life.

What is hardcore scientific? I dont get you.
this movie made me want to go to sleep actually. Your confusing me crowndoja!
DJCRICKET 0/10
CrOwnDOuja
PostPosted: 15 August 2005 - 05:46:48 (282)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Quote:
Link or stfu.

.... shiva

what link, there is no link, either go to your video store and rent it, or dare i say down**** it off a program.