Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  Trance.nu suggestions  |   Page 1 of 1 | Jump To >> |
Long threads navigation
Plebben
PostPosted: 08 March 2008 - 22:06:23 (962)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I have a sugestion on how to navigate the pages in long threads.
To take an example: the ASOT threads always gets like 50 pages long and when you wanna flip the the next page you can do so by either klicking next or on the number of the page you want to go to... if that page is within 3 pages from the first page that is. Or possibly to the last page in the thread.
But if I want to go to the middle of the thread i have to klick through 25 fucking pages and scroll down to the bottom of every page.
That is kinda annoying.

First off, cant you put page navigation on top of every page of a thread? Like every other forum on the internet has... I mean they have it for a reason...

Secondly, give us the possibility to jump 3 or 5 or 10 pages in one click instead of only one(except from the first page where you can go 3 pages ahead).
Also if youre on page 3 you can only click on "next page" or the number "4", both options will take you to the very same page, which obviously is very unnecessary and stupid.

To sum it up; clicking 25 times and waiting for the page to load in order to read page 26 in a ASOT or Clublife thread doesnt get me off really...

PostPosted: 08 March 2008 - 22:15:18 (968)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

good point, would be nice if there were a drop down list where it shows you the total number of pages of that thread then select the page you wanna go to...and it will go to that page from the drop down list

frostdude1
PostPosted: 08 March 2008 - 23:47:07 (032)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Very good point and its been brought up many times and nothing has been done yet. They really have to get on with this

PostPosted: 09 March 2008 - 02:44:25 (155)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

imtryinmybest wrote:
good point, would be nice if there were a drop down list where it shows you the total number of pages of that thread then select the page you wanna go to...and it will go to that page from the drop down list

Imagine the lenght of the list on an average thursdayevening topic. Not very convenient imo. The navigation on top is a great suggestion though happy

PostPosted: 09 March 2008 - 02:50:25 (160)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

abyss wrote:
imtryinmybest wrote:

Imagine the lenght of the list on an average thursdayevening topic. Not very convenient imo. The navigation on top is a great suggestion though happy

How about a text field/bar where you can fill in the pagenumber where you want to go? grin