Logged in as Guest, please register | 22 July 2019 - 05:04:54 (253) GMT 1
Users online: 0
 
 
Guests online: 74
Total online: 74
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification
Messages
Messages
 
Latest Topics
<  How do I dj?  |   Page 3 of 5 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Should a dj drink while spinnin?
Carl B
PostPosted: 13 March 2008 - 01:01:59 (084)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 54.50
Posts: 1250
Bonehunter22 wrote:
Carl B wrote:
I never drink while playing.


lol lol lol


Man I'm a bad liar, can't even write a lie without getting busted unhappy
Back to top
einar
PostPosted: 16 March 2008 - 16:23:51 (724)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 30.20
Posts: 87
We played abit last night, it was great, but eventually I got abit too hammered. That made me 100% beat deaf, combined with me not having touched the shitty jogs of the cdj100 in a while.

Trainwrecks all the way unhappy I couldn't adjust the tunes properly

_________________
The world keeps spinning
-Danny
Back to top
einar loves Ubuntu
xPROXYx
PostPosted: 16 March 2008 - 16:30:31 (729)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 105.10
Posts: 2736
einar wrote:
We played abit last night, it was great, but eventually I got abit too hammered. That made me 100% beat deaf, combined with me not having touched the shitty jogs of the cdj100 in a while.

Trainwrecks all the way unhappy I couldn't adjust the tunes properly


haha Amature, when that happens youre suppose to know how to Gielen mix(just insert a tune with go, into another tunes calm non bassy part), or krogenmixa as we call it, just turn down the bass of both tunes, switch them over, adn when youre done, turn the bass on again!! clown

_________________


www.mondaybar.com http://selma-s.blogspot.com www.gate42.net http://twitter.com/Selma_S
Back to top
xPROXYx "When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead....True story!"
rusch
PostPosted: 16 March 2008 - 16:40:36 (736)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 127.20
Posts: 20124
micra_power wrote:
eats


Some cold pizza, or a club sandwich, during the set is absolutely fucking priceless!

_________________
For remix or booking inqueries: [email protected][email protected]

http://www.christianrusch.comhttp://www.youtube.com/chrirus2006
Back to top
rusch : Make today count.
RichardClairemont
PostPosted: 16 March 2008 - 17:20:54 (764)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 66.40
Posts: 9178
rusch wrote:
micra_power wrote:
eats


Some cold pizza, or a club sandwich, during the set is absolutely fucking priceless!


You stand there and eat during your set? Do you have no respect for your audience? Any showmanship at all?

I seriously hope this is some kind of inside joke grin2
Back to top
RichardClairemont Adios amigos
einar
PostPosted: 16 March 2008 - 17:39:32 (777)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 30.20
Posts: 87
xPROXYx wrote:
einar wrote:
We played abit last night, it was great, but eventually I got abit too hammered. That made me 100% beat deaf, combined with me not having touched the shitty jogs of the cdj100 in a while.

Trainwrecks all the way unhappy I couldn't adjust the tunes properly


haha Amature, when that happens youre suppose to know how to Gielen mix(just insert a tune with go, into another tunes calm non bassy part), or krogenmixa as we call it, just turn down the bass of both tunes, switch them over, adn when youre done, turn the bass on again!! clown


Haha. I wonder if Gielen is proud of having such a style named after himself

_________________
The world keeps spinning
-Danny
Back to top
einar loves Ubuntu
xPROXYx
PostPosted: 16 March 2008 - 17:43:10 (779)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 105.10
Posts: 2736
einar wrote:
xPROXYx wrote:
einar wrote:
We played abit last night, it was great, but eventually I got abit too hammered. That made me 100% beat deaf, combined with me not having touched the shitty jogs of the cdj100 in a while.

Trainwrecks all the way unhappy I couldn't adjust the tunes properly


haha Amature, when that happens youre suppose to know how to Gielen mix(just insert a tune with go, into another tunes calm non bassy part), or krogenmixa as we call it, just turn down the bass of both tunes, switch them over, adn when youre done, turn the bass on again!! clown


Haha. I wonder if Gielen is proud of having such a style named after himself


Hahah he should be!! Its atleast not a shoe!! haha

_________________


www.mondaybar.com http://selma-s.blogspot.com www.gate42.net http://twitter.com/Selma_S
Back to top
xPROXYx "When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead....True story!"
rusch
PostPosted: 16 March 2008 - 18:19:27 (805)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 127.20
Posts: 20124
RichardClairemont wrote:
You stand there and eat during your set?


During a six to eight hour long set, yes. Much the same as I've been known to run to the bathroom when needed, smoke a cigarette or two (or a pack) back when I smoked, poured water (or drinks) down my throat, or scratched my ass when needed. Showmanship isn't not doing anything normal on stage - it's doing stuff on stage with a presence, and passing one's own actions off as something special.

_________________
For remix or booking inqueries: [email protected][email protected]

http://www.christianrusch.comhttp://www.youtube.com/chrirus2006
Back to top
rusch : Make today count.
WakkaTraxx
PostPosted: 16 March 2008 - 19:17:46 (845)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 126.20
Posts: 6430
RichardClairemont wrote:
rusch wrote:
micra_power wrote:
eats


Some cold pizza, or a club sandwich, during the set is absolutely fucking priceless!


You stand there and eat during your set? Do you have no respect for your audience? Any showmanship at all?

I seriously hope this is some kind of inside joke grin2

How is eating during your set going to disrespect your audience?
I've done it for long sets, you need the energy!

_________________
My music, if you like down-tempo, uplifting, soundtrack style:

www.myspace.com/frostbytesounds
http://www.bebo.com/FrostbyteMusic
Back to top
WakkaTraxx says goodbye
RichardClairemont
PostPosted: 16 March 2008 - 21:23:06 (932)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 66.40
Posts: 9178
rusch wrote:
RichardClairemont wrote:
You stand there and eat during your set?


During a six to eight hour long set, yes. Much the same as I've been known to run to the bathroom when needed, smoke a cigarette or two (or a pack) back when I smoked, poured water (or drinks) down my throat, or scratched my ass when needed. Showmanship isn't not doing anything normal on stage - it's doing stuff on stage with a presence, and passing one's own actions off as something special.


I never leave the audience for any reason, if I run to the bathroom then it's an atomic emergency grin2 The only time I turn my back to them is to get something out of one of my reserve cd wallets. Even when I'm doing longer sets like the ones you're describing I still do my best to maintain eye contact with someone in the audience at all possible times. You're there to serve them, they're not there to watch you eat. Granted having a beer, having a smoke, that's one thing, but sersiouly if you're up there eating...I don't know, just different styles I guess...imo it just seems really unprofessional.
Back to top
RichardClairemont Adios amigos
RichardClairemont
PostPosted: 16 March 2008 - 21:26:08 (934)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 66.40
Posts: 9178
WakkaTraxx wrote:
RichardClairemont wrote:
rusch wrote:
micra_power wrote:
eats


Some cold pizza, or a club sandwich, during the set is absolutely fucking priceless!


You stand there and eat during your set? Do you have no respect for your audience? Any showmanship at all?

I seriously hope this is some kind of inside joke grin2

How is eating during your set going to disrespect your audience?
I've done it for long sets, you need the energy!


I've never eaten while I'm supposed to be there serving my audience. I've done these long sets like you're talking about and I guess I just don't even think about things like going to the bathroom or getting hungry...honestly a 6 hour set for me goes by in what feels like 30 mins of civilian time, I dunno the adrenaline just kicks in and it's all just a blur and the next thing I know it's time to go home...I'm not myself up there you know, I'm in character, I turn into Richard Clairemont and once I make that transition everything else just kind of disappears, it's really kind of a strang thing
Back to top
RichardClairemont Adios amigos
ManifoldTime
PostPosted: 16 March 2008 - 22:20:00 (972)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 22.35
Posts: 666
RichardClairemont wrote:
rusch wrote:
RichardClairemont wrote:
You stand there and eat during your set?


During a six to eight hour long set, yes. Much the same as I've been known to run to the bathroom when needed, smoke a cigarette or two (or a pack) back when I smoked, poured water (or drinks) down my throat, or scratched my ass when needed. Showmanship isn't not doing anything normal on stage - it's doing stuff on stage with a presence, and passing one's own actions off as something special.


I never leave the audience for any reason, if I run to the bathroom then it's an atomic emergency grin2 The only time I turn my back to them is to get something out of one of my reserve cd wallets. Even when I'm doing longer sets like the ones you're describing I still do my best to maintain eye contact with someone in the audience at all possible times. You're there to serve them, they're not there to watch you eat. Granted having a beer, having a smoke, that's one thing, but sersiouly if you're up there eating...I don't know, just different styles I guess...imo it just seems really unprofessional.




hahaha, if only all djs would serve their adoring fans so loyally.
Back to top
ManifoldTime I can't brain today. I have the dumb.
RichardClairemont
PostPosted: 16 March 2008 - 22:38:08 (984)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 66.40
Posts: 9178
ManifoldTime wrote:
RichardClairemont wrote:
rusch wrote:
RichardClairemont wrote:
You stand there and eat during your set?


During a six to eight hour long set, yes. Much the same as I've been known to run to the bathroom when needed, smoke a cigarette or two (or a pack) back when I smoked, poured water (or drinks) down my throat, or scratched my ass when needed. Showmanship isn't not doing anything normal on stage - it's doing stuff on stage with a presence, and passing one's own actions off as something special.


I never leave the audience for any reason, if I run to the bathroom then it's an atomic emergency grin2 The only time I turn my back to them is to get something out of one of my reserve cd wallets. Even when I'm doing longer sets like the ones you're describing I still do my best to maintain eye contact with someone in the audience at all possible times. You're there to serve them, they're not there to watch you eat. Granted having a beer, having a smoke, that's one thing, but sersiouly if you're up there eating...I don't know, just different styles I guess...imo it just seems really unprofessional.




hahaha, if only all djs would serve their adoring fans so loyally.


Well without the people we're all just spinning in our bedrooms. When I'm sitting at home in my underwear recording the mixes for my show then yea sure I'll eat and stand around like a wet rag, but when I'm up there in front of a clubful of people, I feel like I owe them 110% every second I'm in the building, and they are very rarely disappointed cheers

Alot of people call me arrogant and stuck up and all this because I don't mind saying I'm the best at what I do, but every Saturday night I've got all these people listening and if I give them anything less than that then I'm wasting their time. I worshipping my audience...I don't care if it's Boston, Providence, Montreal, Atlanta, Charlotte, Mexico City, Orlando, Halifax, Washington, Miami, Santiago, Dallas, Richmond, Buenos Aires, Guadalajara, Raleigh, Nashville, Greensboro...without them I'm nothing, period and DJ who has any different atitude doesn't deserve his audience imo, you have to EARN their respect, even if it's "fanboys' and "crazy girls", you have to give 100% every time you touch the decks and EARN every smile from the audience.
Back to top
RichardClairemont Adios amigos
ManifoldTime
PostPosted: 17 March 2008 - 02:17:44 (137)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 22.35
Posts: 666
i'm guessing you write your bio in the third person.

puh i'm joking, but i think people have a skewed idea of what a dj is for. we've all ranted a bit about dj worship so i'm not going to go there. my point is... what a dj does really isn't anything special. spinning records is easy once you get the hang of it.

yeah, a dj can drink, it's a party. they should reflect the spirit of that party and a reciprocation of energy should be established between them and the crowd. hell, if a dj is having a blast and killing it on the decks, i could care less if he has a corn dog hanging out of his mouth and a bottle of vodka in his hand. in the words of Frankie Wilde "WHO HERE LIKES TO FUCKIN PARTY?!?!?"

but i definitely know what you're saying about respecting the listeners and a person should conduct their self with a degree of professionalism. a lot of it just depends on personality i guess.
Back to top
ManifoldTime I can't brain today. I have the dumb.
Kakakaka
PostPosted: 25 March 2008 - 00:27:49 (060)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Karma: 53.85
Posts: 4098
I always thought DJ's were totaly fucked on drink and drugs when i started listening to dance music lol. Then after i seen people play etc i noticed most of them drank water or a beer or two.

I remember not long ago, i thought it would be great to pop some pills and start mixing........... pfff not a good idea, i could barley manage to beatmatch never mind think of mixing well.

Leason learned i suppose puh
Back to top
Kakakaka Managed to change his status !!!!!
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT + 4 Hours

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 3 of 5 | Click to jump to page >>
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
trance.nu Forum Index  |  How do I dj?

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 



Powered by phpBB