Guests online: 110
Total online: 110
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  How do I produce?  |   Page 1 of 3 | Jump To >> | Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Best reverb plugins ? Whats the difference among them?
PlasticSoul83
PostPosted: 23 December 2008 - 03:44:55 (197)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I read a thread in other forum asking whats is the best plugin (vst and hardware), but what could be the difference between fx plugins like reverb?
All of them will put the effect you want if you use the proper settings, in my ignorant opinion, all reverb plugins will do the same, correct me and explain it for me please if I'm wrong.

I like ableton internal reverb, some people like altiverb, etc...

nerdy

TheDigitalInsomniac
PostPosted: 23 December 2008 - 05:49:22 (284)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

PlasticSoul83 wrote:
I read a thread in other forum asking whats is the best plugin (vst and hardware), but what could be the difference between fx plugins like reverb?
All of them will put the effect you want if you use the proper settings, in my ignorant opinion, all reverb plugins will do the same, correct me and explain it for me please if I'm wrong.

I like ableton internal reverb, some people like altiverb, etc...

nerdy

it all depends on the realistic value to it. while some sound more just like really fast echoes. others tend to have more options like panning and freq tweaking.

thats in my opinion of course.. i sense a major difference in for example Fl Studio ones and Waves ones.

neon chaser
PostPosted: 23 December 2008 - 09:43:51 (447)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Artsacoustic Reverb "."

I don't use anything else because it sounds just right on everything.

It's pretty much the standard reverb for trance. It's also the reverb algorithms that ReFX Nexus uses.

It's all about character. I love the tail modulation and lushness of it.

I was quite surprised by Live's native reverb though, it's very usable but I'm sticking to AR.
Jezper
PostPosted: 23 December 2008 - 11:14:11 (509)  Reply with quote
Trance.nu Retired Mascot

neon chaser wrote:

It's pretty much the standard reverb for trance. It's also the reverb algorithms that ReFX Nexus uses.

Really? Because that Nexus reverb is really disgusting.
Jezper & Tommie just launched a swedish tech podcast. Check it out: http://www.slashat.se
Djalastor
PostPosted: 23 December 2008 - 12:13:31 (551)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Jezper wrote:
neon chaser wrote:

Lexicon reverbs. For software, Altiverb 6.
gurrish
PostPosted: 23 December 2008 - 12:49:32 (576)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Jezper wrote:
neon chaser wrote:

Why do you think that?

gurrish The updates are being installed
ramoz
PostPosted: 23 December 2008 - 12:57:36 (581)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

fruity reverb cool
neon chaser
PostPosted: 23 December 2008 - 13:02:31 (585)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Jezper - Yes! believe it or not. It's all there on the ReFX website, but like most 'built in' fx it's very limited. You don't have the control you get with the plugin. You know all this anyway up

I'm not advocating using Nexus's built-in reverb at final production stage, it's just a flavour but on some sound's it works. It is coded by Artsacoustic but isn't even close to their main plugin. The reason I say it's pretty much the standard is the shear amount of trance producers singing it's praises. Obviously it's all down to personal taste. I said what mine is, whats yours?

btw, I checked out Ableton's native reverb after watching your 'pumping lead sound' video. Great tips!

Djalastor - Totally agree about the Lex for hardware but not many people here are going to be spending 2000 Euro's + on reverb. I've got my trusty old PCM81 in the rack and I love it! but since using the AR it just sits there getting old. I wont sell it though grin2

As for Altiverb, yes if you have a mac but it runs like a dog with 1 leg on PC which is (an educated guess) what most people use here. It is nice though but for convolution reverbs I would go with SIR, it's very close IMO and FREE.
Creative
PostPosted: 24 December 2008 - 07:34:34 (357)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

i'm using Overloud BREVERB happy

PostPosted: 30 December 2008 - 05:18:52 (263)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Warmverb boobs

www.averyparkermusic.com

www.myspace.com/averyparkermusic

www.twitter.com/avery_parker
stargazer83
PostPosted: 30 December 2008 - 14:03:28 (627)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I often wondered whether producers use the effects which come with the VST instruments. Do you guys add a plugin to each and every channel?
Creative
PostPosted: 30 December 2008 - 14:10:29 (632)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

stargazer83 wrote:
I often wondered whether producers use the effects which come with the VST instruments. Do you guys add a plugin to each and every channel?

i never use VST effects, for the simple fact that i like to use the dry sound, EQ it, then add effects like phasing, stereo image or something, then add delay and reverb

i usually make some return channels and put some reverbs, and use just one reverb on multiple sounds

PostPosted: 30 December 2008 - 14:19:49 (638)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Creative wrote:
stargazer83 wrote:

i never use VST effects, for the simple fact that i like to use the dry sound, EQ it, then add effects like phasing, stereo image or something, then add delay and reverb

i usually make some return channels and put some reverbs, and use just one reverb on multiple sounds

ahh ok, i take it you program your own synths then? Im still at the stage of using presets! :P
Creative
PostPosted: 30 December 2008 - 14:26:33 (643)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

stargazer83 wrote:
Creative wrote:
stargazer83 wrote:

ahh ok, i take it you program your own synths then? Im still at the stage of using presets! :P

well not all the synths, just leads, arps, acid loops, basslines and stuff
i'm just beginning to understand how common sounds are made happy

PostPosted: 30 December 2008 - 15:14:08 (676)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

yeah, the problem with using presets is you dont learn how they are made im gonna start using blank patches and working upwards but Ill take the tip and invest in some plugins aswell. I heard the oxford plugins are good, might give them a shot!