Latest Topics
<  How do I produce?  |   Page 1 of 2 | Jump To >> | Goto page 1, 2  Next
Think I could get this signed?
varroa
PostPosted: 16 June 2010 - 20:32:58 (897)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Hey guys..
First of all I'd like to preface with:

I hate people who are so overly confident they think everyone should listen to their "1 day of fl studio demo version" work wink..

I've put a lot of time into this one and I'm feeling I could get something out of it. Therefore: Would anyone have any tips with what labels to deal with, who to talk to, etc. I've never gotten something signed on anything before so.. this is a big step wink

Thanks for any replies

http://soundcloud.com/djvarroa/final-day

Last edited by varroa on 16 June 2010 - 20:41:59 (904); edited 1 time in total
varroa Portfolio: www.varroae.com SOUNDCLOUD: www.soundcloud.com/djvarroa
SecondHand
PostPosted: 16 June 2010 - 20:40:45 (903)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I think it would really help if you post a link to what you're talking about whistling
SecondHand is all out for the is
varroa
PostPosted: 16 June 2010 - 20:42:25 (904)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

fuck grin grin grin grin updated
kojaa
PostPosted: 16 June 2010 - 20:58:59 (915)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

varroa wrote:
Hey guys..
First of all I'd like to preface with:

I hate people who are so overly confident they think everyone should listen to their "1 day of fl studio demo version" work wink..

I don't think there is anything wrong with asking for feedback even if someone is new, people ask for feedback to get tips and help, not because they are overly confident and think there work should be immediately signed by some label wink ...

But this song should be signed, it's really nice...it needs mastering though.

Last edited by kojaa on 16 June 2010 - 21:29:53 (937); edited 1 time in total
RichardClairemont
PostPosted: 16 June 2010 - 21:02:23 (918)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

This is very impressive work!! I definitely think you could get this signed with a couple of finishing touches, like making the piano that comes in at 2:20 blend into the track a little bit more (take down the compression a bit and dull down the high end EQ). Also regarding the piano, at 4:00 when it plays that little solo, play a variation riff on the one you've already done instead of repeating the same pattern from earlier. It'll give the track more variety and an unexpected kind of twist, then after the buildup snap it back into place. I like how after that you go out on a little bit of a limb but the breakdown seems too long. Maybe you can start introducing that new phase of the track by playing the corresponding intervals between it and the first one as that piano solo, so that way you're introducing that melody but not taking so much time to get there.

This is really good work and even though I'm not one of the "everything sucks" trolls on here, I don't give out these types of reviews very often unless something really strikes me and this track definitely has. I'd recommend you send this to Alan Burton at Inspired. I could totally see him signing this....of course I can't promise that he will, but it's definitely up that alley. Only thing is I won't be buying it because I've already taken advantage of the Sound Cloud download option tunage tunage

Excellent work, you should be proud!!
RichardClairemont Adios amigos
jkl27
PostPosted: 16 June 2010 - 21:03:50 (919)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

i dont know what trance have you made, but for start:

aggressive trance:
reset, spinnin, captivating, black hole , High Contrast
vocal,warm trance (130 bpm like) armind, armada, coldharbour, and others like Musical Freedom (tiesto's label) or Magik Muzik are popular, but they could not fit you or maybe could.

first of all you need to know the rules, and to change them happy because they are like predators - i mean label management happy. Try to improve contract under yourself, not all, but some statements. Debate about it with label

but dont send the whole track- send them demos, and get acquainted with price and other stuff, because it varies. Most label prefer to release some kind of special genres , and when they will say that your track is sux or say nothing, go to another labels e-mail.

but one more thing they refuse to do anithing with is , is that your track is not mastered, (mastering starts from 20$) but another side is that some labels can do mastering by themselves happy

when it will be approved - they will send you real mail letter happy you will sign it up.

btw, dont post the whole track on your soundcloud or myspace, it will be useless for labels, because they want only FRESH meat!

lol grin2 delete it immediately from free download

"Ohhh yeah, breakdown … at 3 minutes and 10 seconds" - Arnej
LynyrdSkynyrd
PostPosted: 16 June 2010 - 21:16:31 (928)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

You sure got potential.
There are some issues with the mixing though. You gotta refine your EQ settings on each channel. Dont boost freqs (if you have done it, undo it) and start cutting the freqs around the ones you need. But dont cut too strong!
And check your levels. Kick and bass here "drown" everything around them.

Just be more precise. You are going in the right direction.
Voci
PostPosted: 16 June 2010 - 21:16:40 (928)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

jkl27 wrote:

btw, dont post the whole track on your soundcloud or myspace, it will be useless for labels, because they want only FRESH meat!

Why? People can't download it unless you have that option turned on. I guess there is nothing wrong with having a full version on soundcloud or myspace.

LynyrdSkynyrd
PostPosted: 16 June 2010 - 21:17:50 (929)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Voci wrote:
jkl27 wrote:

Why? People can't download it unless you have that option turned on. I guess there is nothing wrong with having a full version on soundcloud or myspace.
Maybe YOU cant download it but there are loads of people who know how to rip it off.
kojaa
PostPosted: 16 June 2010 - 21:18:51 (929)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Voci wrote:
jkl27 wrote:

But he has the download option turned on.

Isn't it possible for someone to download it now and claim copryrights for the track? just wondering.
andYMkIII
PostPosted: 16 June 2010 - 21:19:04 (929)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Voci wrote:
jkl27 wrote:

downloading the 320 kbit version is enabled wink

a'ndY pres. Entrancing Melodies on DiscoverTrance
Next Episode: Oct 4, 18 CET
andYMkIII R.I.P. trance.nu, thanks for everything, I had a great time here :,(
Echo81
PostPosted: 16 June 2010 - 21:32:25 (939)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Its got a nice trancey feel to it, but I feel like its missing a lot of structure. I would restructure it to have nice lead-ups and changes to keep the track interesting. thumbsup cheers

To enjoy my latest production>> CLICK RIGHT HURR
Echo81 - So long T.Nu. It's been an amazing run. I will miss all of you. Even the dipshits. ='(
davidmclean
PostPosted: 16 June 2010 - 23:29:33 (020)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

personally, i wouldn't play this in a set as the arrangement is not good enough for a dancefloor (in my opinion).

the sound is generally good, and it does sound pretty professional, it's just that i didn't think that the track built up in the way that it really needs to.
varroa
PostPosted: 17 June 2010 - 00:22:17 (057)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Ok, I just turned off the download option.. no one tell any labels you downloaded it grin

in regards to the arrangement.. I've been struggling a lot with structure for a while.. I'll try something new next time wink

I'm trying to find some contact info for some of these labels you guys have listed (starting with Richard Clairemont's suggestion).. I'm suprised though, no one has listed Subculture/Discovery/Future sound of egypt (some of my favourite labels)..Has anyone had any luck with these ones?
Igneous01
PostPosted: 17 June 2010 - 01:22:45 (099)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

varroa wrote:
Ok, I just turned off the download option.. no one tell any labels you downloaded it grin

in regards to the arrangement.. I've been struggling a lot with structure for a while.. I'll try something new next time wink

I'm trying to find some contact info for some of these labels you guys have listed (starting with Richard Clairemont's suggestion).. I'm suprised though, no one has listed Subculture/Discovery/Future sound of egypt (some of my favourite labels)..Has anyone had any luck with these ones?

future sound of egypt imo is easy as hell
just use alot of airsaw, a simple but airwave ish melody, plucks as your lead and the over compressed kick and u got a score!

but u can always try alter ego - but there a hassle tho and ask for alot of information, plus their term of contracts start from 10 years and keep going up
Igneous01 trance is alot like soccer.... greatness only happens once every 4 years...96-00-04-08