Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  General Discussion  |   Page 1 of 1 | Jump To >> |
Trance DJ's playing a lot of Techno recently
Futbolista89
PostPosted: 07 October 2010 - 18:21:50 (806)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I was looking at some tracklists of trance sets, to try and catch up a bit on my trance, and I was surprised to see this great techno bomb:

Youtube link

Was played by Markus in a few of his sets, I really would have never guessed. Also saw some Alan Fitzpatrick tracks got some play time as well. I think it's the effect that 'Stranger to Stability' had.

Just an observation, as a techno fan and former trance enthusiast. Thoughts? Comments?

PostPosted: 07 October 2010 - 18:45:43 (823)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

That could only be a good thing.
Rick Mage
PostPosted: 07 October 2010 - 19:14:35 (843)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

playing house and techno and a primarily trance set is nothing new.

MadCat
PostPosted: 07 October 2010 - 19:16:28 (844)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

What's wrong with a DJ opening him/her-self to other sounds? thumbsup

http://twitter.com/MadCatSWE
http://facebook.com/MadCatSWE
MadCat | trancenu.tk
Frumbasjt
PostPosted: 07 October 2010 - 19:30:47 (854)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

MadCat wrote:

nothing, but let him do that at home lol

this music is making me fall asleep tbh

Rick Mage
PostPosted: 07 October 2010 - 19:46:36 (865)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Frumbasjt wrote:
MadCat wrote:

nothing, but let him do that at home lol

this music is making me fall asleep tbh
It's OK to do as long as the music is good. I got a few techno tunes, myself. Same with house. And I have no shame of dropping both in my hard trance sets. puh But I like mixing it up a "little". I'm mostly a hard trance DJ. But I'll drop club trance, hardstyle, techno, and house, too. But I'll playing mostly hard trance. Sometimes I'll play mostly club trance sets, too. Once in a while I might drop a mostly hardstyle set. Like I've said, DJs dropping other genres in his sets is nothing new. BUT the other genre gotta pretty much match his set...

TranceParadise
PostPosted: 07 October 2010 - 19:51:10 (868)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Rick Mage wrote:
It's OK to do as long as the music is good. I got a few techno tunes, myself. Same with house. And I have no shame of dropping both in my hard trance sets. puh But I like mixing it up a "little". I'm mostly a hard trance DJ. But I'll drop club trance, hardstyle, techno, and house, too. But I'll playing mostly hard trance. Sometimes I'll play mostly club trance sets, too. Like I've said, DJs dropping other genres in his sets is nothing new. BUT the other genre gotta pretty much match his set...

I really like your taste of music! happy Your kind of techno is damn good!

It's more like 140 BPM and not 130 BPM. Much more energy in the songs and it flows better!

I guess it's some kind of German techno, German Trance, German Hard trance which is making the difference.

There are also a lot of techno which is more like a sleeping pill. 130 BPM and it's perfect before sleeping. The BPM and the beats has to increase if you really want to enjoy on the dance-floor!!!
TranceParadise Golden Age era of Trance (y) Made in Germany = Classic stuff!
KulshanRecord
PostPosted: 07 October 2010 - 20:41:56 (904)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I add techno for variety - a set of nothing but epic/ hard trance anthems would get monotonous, and as much as I love trance, I know variety is essential to keeping things lively.

Besides... techno has funky percussion. It's fun to groove and spaz out to! wink
KulshanRecord is Chillin'... LOUDLY
skylite
PostPosted: 07 October 2010 - 21:04:28 (919)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

TranceParadise wrote:
Rick Mage wrote:
It's OK to do as long as the music is good. I got a few techno tunes, myself. Same with house. And I have no shame of dropping both in my hard trance sets. puh But I like mixing it up a "little". I'm mostly a hard trance DJ. But I'll drop club trance, hardstyle, techno, and house, too. But I'll playing mostly hard trance. Sometimes I'll play mostly club trance sets, too. Like I've said, DJs dropping other genres in his sets is nothing new. BUT the other genre gotta pretty much match his set...

I really like your taste of music! happy Your kind of techno is damn good!

It's more like 140 BPM and not 130 BPM. Much more energy in the songs and it flows better!

I guess it's some kind of German techno, German Trance, German Hard trance which is making the difference.

There are also a lot of techno which is more like a sleeping pill. 130 BPM and it's perfect before sleeping. The BPM and the beats has to increase if you really want to enjoy on the dance-floor!!!

It depends on your crowd tho. I usually play at 128 - 130 bpm and its good. But where Im from, most people grew up learning how to dance to rap which is 90-120 bpm. So slower is better here.

PostPosted: 07 October 2010 - 21:44:01 (947)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I kinda liked Stranger To Stability (for hearing it live, not so much for at home), but this sounds like a lame ripoff.. Might even spin it myself if I'm in the right mood. grin
Kirederf
PostPosted: 07 October 2010 - 21:53:27 (953)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

it can only be supported if the quality is good... happy
I don't mind some good Techno in a Trance set...

d4chris
PostPosted: 07 October 2010 - 22:26:38 (976)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I love mixing styles and would be bored if I had to play a pure trance set for a whole evening (even though I love trance).

But imagine a set like this: Starting of with some dreamy, slow progressive House tunes, then tightening the grip with some groovy sexy tech house which migrate into more banging technosounds that finally explode in huge melodic trancemelodys.
Stretched over 3 hours or so of course and make smooth transitions between those styles.

Damn I love it wink
bulletdodger
PostPosted: 07 October 2010 - 23:13:19 (009)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

A lot of techno surely not , if that was the case today we actually had entrancing music in trance and not euro such as Andy Blueman. I know what you mean , last year I had Bolier in my hometown and started his set with Len Faki - BX 3 , it was TOTAL SURPRISE. I actually got stoned for a moment there , couldn't believe my ears .

Tiesto started the trend in trance with Stranger to Stability then all the other with their radioshow DJs started playing it . The 2nd "techno" star in trance today would be Kalkbrenner , although he is to trance listeners as was Pete Tong in 2006 and that's about it .. Some trance DJs might drop a Guy J (which is more house nowadays) every now and then but it happens rarely ..too bad.

PostPosted: 07 October 2010 - 23:41:09 (028)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I liked stranger to stability (the Len Faki Rmx) but I almost feel bad for Dustin Zahn, because if you know him he hates that 'hands in the air' , jump when the bass drops techno lol and people associate him with that style now, and if you listen to his tracks, it's clear he has a very different sound.

I was unaware there were avid Techno listeners here on Trance.nu .

CLR Podcast is where it's at for the best Techno (my style of Techno)