Users online: 0

Guests online: 63
Total online: 63
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  General Discussion  |   Page 3 of 3 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Anyone ever rupture their eardrum?
Settimo
PostPosted: 28 September 2010 - 23:25:15 (017)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

jetflag wrote:
BlindSummit wrote:

That is exactly what he did to me and as a musician (I was partially deaf at that stage) I wanted to make him suffer! I was set upon from behind so I really don't care whether you people aprove of that or not. You are not deaf in one ear! Your prospects, career, dreams, were not shattered by some meathead.

though I can understand your motives, its my personal experience that seeking revenge in that way isn't going to make you feel better or solve your deafening. And though most people here on the forum probably don't approve me saying this, but there's a correct way to get back at some-one for hurting you, Sneaking up from behind isn't one of them.

now if i may, as a Dutch saying goes, put a heart under your belt. There's a new technology nowadays called a cochlear implant

It reconnects your brain to an electronic ear, re-enabling your hearing senses.

Hearing damage is permanent...so in short, you're probably fucked. It might improve slightly, but it will never heal completely. Cochlea implant is about the only option around, aside from a hearing aid. I don't even want to know how expensive a Cochlea implant is though...
jetflag
PostPosted: 05 October 2010 - 17:46:03 (781)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Settimo wrote:
jetflag wrote:
BlindSummit wrote:

That is exactly what he did to me and as a musician (I was partially deaf at that stage) I wanted to make him suffer! I was set upon from behind so I really don't care whether you people aprove of that or not. You are not deaf in one ear! Your prospects, career, dreams, were not shattered by some meathead.

though I can understand your motives, its my personal experience that seeking revenge in that way isn't going to make you feel better or solve your deafening. And though most people here on the forum probably don't approve me saying this, but there's a correct way to get back at some-one for hurting you, Sneaking up from behind isn't one of them.

now if i may, as a Dutch saying goes, put a heart under your belt. There's a new technology nowadays called a cochlear implant

It reconnects your brain to an electronic ear, re-enabling your hearing senses.

Hearing damage is permanent...so in short, you're probably fucked. It might improve slightly, but it will never heal completely. Cochlea implant is about the only option around, aside from a hearing aid. I don't even want to know how expensive a Cochlea implant is though...

pikie's can't afford it....for starters

jetflag
PostPosted: 05 October 2010 - 17:50:18 (784)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

BlindSummit wrote:

What a nonse!! Can't you read? I was asking if anyone had ever burst their eardrum i.e. the fucking important matter here and how they'd recovered from it. Not how they feel about me punching a pikie.

How the fuck would you know how long the satisfaction will last? You been deafened for nothing before. Enlighten me.

I am dealing with it horribly? I have done all I can do to deal with it by punching that prick. I am as good as deaf in one ear mate. My ears are my life and I didn't come on here to get moral training.

The pikie will learn to listen out for sirens with his right ear - I cannot mix with one ear. Ah, I'm sorry I came on here at all, you've totally missed the plot.

if you can't take the reactions being posted on your story, whether or not its about eardrums or pikie's I would kindly suggest you refrain to just posting a question about if anyone had busted they're eardrum..Instead of a sob-revenge story from which you can expect to get a variety of reactions oppinions not impressed