Users online: 0

Guests online: 95
Total online: 95
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  General Discussion  |   Page 5 of 5 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Similarity of plucked melodies in trance music
Settimo
PostPosted: 05 October 2010 - 00:47:56 (074)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

jetflag wrote:
a part of the reason that melodic theme's are recycled/slightly altered is due to the fact that experimenting in trance/ abstrahering melodies simply doesn't hit it with the larger crowd..

We are currently in a period in which a standard formula has been made to create "good trance". I give it a few more years before the larger part of the listeners will become tired of the repeativness in the scene and will open up too more experimental abstract original melodies.

Hopefully...Everybody seems to act like this new trance is the best thing since sliced bread...I can't handle it, samey samey melodies, even samey samey fart fart drop noises!
jetflag
PostPosted: 05 October 2010 - 01:24:22 (100)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Settimo wrote:
jetflag wrote:
a part of the reason that melodic theme's are recycled/slightly altered is due to the fact that experimenting in trance/ abstrahering melodies simply doesn't hit it with the larger crowd..

We are currently in a period in which a standard formula has been made to create "good trance". I give it a few more years before the larger part of the listeners will become tired of the repeativness in the scene and will open up too more experimental abstract original melodies.

Hopefully...Everybody seems to act like this new trance is the best thing since sliced bread...I can't handle it, samey samey melodies, even samey samey fart fart drop noises!

my advice would be not to listen to it. Besides its not all rotten apples out there you know, you just have put some more effort in searching for it. Plenty of gems to be found. wink

Settimo
PostPosted: 05 October 2010 - 04:15:10 (218)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

jetflag wrote:
Settimo wrote:
jetflag wrote:

my advice would be not to listen to it. Besides its not all rotten apples out there you know, you just have put some more effort in searching for it. Plenty of gems to be found. wink

This is the truth. :P My trance consumption is at almost nothing anymore, but thanks to a friend I've found some nice gems. happy