Guests online: 79
Total online: 79
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  Producing equipment  |   Page 1 of 1 | Jump To >> |
Access Virus Virus TI 2 61 keys or analog hardwares?
davidgary73
PostPosted: 03 May 2010 - 11:34:00 (523)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Greetings mates,

I haver some questions if you guys don't mind helping me out.

I have alocate an amount of cash to purchase the Access Virus TI2 61 keys. I do most of my work ITB with Logic Pro and currently working on some trance tracks. I do have Sylenth1, Omnisphere, Nexus, Vanguard, Predator etc softsynth plugins.

I would told not to get the Virus TI 2 because we can get the similiar sounds from those softsynths which many decline that no softsynths will be at par with the Virus sounds.

Instead, i was recommended to get some good mixer/summing/compressor hardwares to process my leads, pads, bass, drums etc sounds to have acquire the lush/fat anolog sound which ITB does not produce. I do have the SSL Channel, Neve, API's plugins including plugins from CLA LA2, LA3 and 1176.

Here are some of my questions.

1) Can these sofware from SSL,Neve, API's and CLA plugins help me to acquire analog sounding softsynths with proper tweakings?

2) To get the Virus TI 2 for it's massive sounds or just work with current softsynth thru summing with analog hardwares?

Also, i do arrangement for pop rock, hiphop. R&B music as well. Which is better for long term usage? TI 2 or Analog hardwares?

Please do comment mates.

Thanks guys.
Lvee
PostPosted: 03 May 2010 - 11:54:19 (537)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

my answer would be that you won't get an objective and exhaustive answer on any forum, whatever it is.

My only suggestion would be to go to the shop, listen to that stuff, eventually borrow it if you can so you can try it out, and make your very own opinion. Beyond testing, the social benefit will hit you twice as much. Do not underestimate it.
Lvee cannot see your private messages on trance.nu, please drop me an e-mail instead. Thank you
davidgary73
PostPosted: 03 May 2010 - 12:12:33 (550)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Lvee wrote:
my answer would be that you won't get an objective and exhaustive answer on any forum, whatever it is.

My only suggestion would be to go to the shop, listen to that stuff, eventually borrow it if you can so you can try it out, and make your very own opinion. Beyond testing, the social benefit will hit you twice as much. Do not underestimate it.

Very true. Sadly, i'm from Asia, Malaysia and we don't have such stores to actually test out those equipments hence i posted these questions hoping to get some insights to what will be the best option to work with.

Sorry if my thread is not constructive as i'm just looking for a productive way to work and produce music with better sounds.
Lvee
PostPosted: 03 May 2010 - 12:19:52 (555)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

no worries. Are you sure there are no stores into your country, or even near you? I know that sometimes it demands a little bit effort. In my case, it's 100km minimum to get to a decent music store, but I do so, because of the social contact.

I found this one... is it so far from where you live? (Forgive my ignorance, I don't know how big malaysia is)

http://www.cmmusic.com.my/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=2

They seem to have some real shops too.

If it's too far, man, I think you found a juicy bizz for your area then, assuming you can open your own shop into your area and start making money.
Lvee cannot see your private messages on trance.nu, please drop me an e-mail instead. Thank you
davidgary73
PostPosted: 03 May 2010 - 12:45:20 (573)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Lvee wrote:
no worries. Are you sure there are no stores into your country, or even near you? I know that sometimes it demands a little bit effort. In my case, it's 100km minimum to get to a decent music store, but I do so, because of the social contact.

I found this one... is it so far from where you live? (Forgive my ignorance, I don't know how big malaysia is)

http://www.cmmusic.com.my/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=2

They seem to have some real shops too.

If it's too far, man, I think you found a juicy bizz for your area then, assuming you can open your own shop into your area and start making money.

We do have many music shops/stores but none actually brings in high end products like Access Virus, TL Audio etc which most US stores will have on their showroom for customers to test them out.

Most of the shops here in Malaysia are selling common keyboards, mixers etc. They don't import high end equipments due to big lack of demand hence no way of testing them equipments out.

If there's a store that sells Access Virus Ti 2 or highend hardwares in Malaysia, i would travel 500km to test it out but sadly none. Not even the best music store called Bentley in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur has it.

Also, i have made some phone calls and most of the dealers here does not carry any sort of high end equipments but they can order from sweetwater.com or from US itself. It's always best to test things out before we buy but we don't have the luxury to.

I bought Liquid Mix thru reading heaps of forum threads and then made my decision to purchase base on the good reviews from forumers in various forums. Then, i call up my hardware/software music dealer to help me purchase the liquid mix and was the first person in Malaysia to own a Liquid Mix.

So my only option is to turn to forums to ask for the best solutons/comments and then decide which is the best route to take.
SID
PostPosted: 03 May 2010 - 13:49:03 (617)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

May me this can help

http://www.access-music.de/page/render/lang/en/p/42/do/Worldwide_Access_dealers_and_distributors.html

PostPosted: 03 May 2010 - 14:07:42 (630)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

SID wrote:
May me this can help

http://www.access-music.de/page/render/lang/en/p/42/do/Worldwide_Access_dealers_and_distributors.html

Thanks SID. I have actually contacted the dealers here 2 weeks back in Malaysia and they don't have a unit for me to try out and also, they need to import it from Germany which takes 14 - 21 days to reach our shore and i have to purchase it in order to try the Ti's..Ouchhhh.

Current price for TI 1 is at USD 3000 and TI 2 is at USD 3300 including shipping cost etc. (No 2nd hand Ti's)

My main concern now is weather to purchase the Ti 2 for it's massive sound palettes or hardware analog gears to enhance my softsynth sounds.

So my questions are: (sorry to repeat this again)

1) Can these sofware from SSL,Neve, API's and CLA plugins help me to acquire analog sounding softsynths with proper tweakings?

2) To get the Virus TI 2 for it's massive sounds or just work with current softsynth(sylenth1, Omnisphere, Nexus etc) thru summing with analog hardwares to acquire lush analog sounds?

Also, i do arrangement for pop rock, hiphop. R&B music as well. Which is better for long term usage? TI 2 or Analog hardwares?

Thank you
varroa
PostPosted: 03 May 2010 - 19:34:10 (857)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

in the almighty words of sean tyas:

Quote:
do not buy into the hype of the access virus, do not buy an access virus, because it's so bogged out. stick with what you're using, stick with software..stick with what you're using.. because you're going to get a much better result
varroa Portfolio: www.varroae.com SOUNDCLOUD: www.soundcloud.com/djvarroa
davidgary73
PostPosted: 03 May 2010 - 19:41:21 (862)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

varroa wrote:
in the almighty words of sean tyas:

Quote:
do not buy into the hype of the access virus, do not buy an access virus, because it's so bogged out. stick with what you're using, stick with software..stick with what you're using.. because you're going to get a much better result

Hahahha..ya..i already seen that clip on Vimeo. Everyone has their own opinions and yes, he did mention using Logic for arranging etc.
KilljoySound
PostPosted: 06 August 2010 - 04:42:36 (237)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I wish I would have seen this post sooner... I know of place you could have ordered from here in the US that is one of the top Access dealers in the world. I have bought all 4 of my Viruses from them, and they ship anywhere happy

That being said even with that range of soft synths the Ti2 would be a great edition to your already nice set up. Those other soft synths can bare similarity to the Virus but nothing out there can match it spot on. Plus with the new OS it gives access (no pun intended) to features that those soft synths will never ever have.

In the end the choice is yours, but I say go with the Virus you will cannot go wrong, they sound great, are easy to program, and they look fantastic in ANY studio as well as onstage grin2
VanFearson
PostPosted: 29 August 2010 - 15:51:41 (702)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Come on! The Virus is sooo overrated!

I had the money to buy a Virus TI2 keyboard, but instead I bought a Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, a Nord Lead2X, a Presonus Firestudio and the Phonic Tube Optimizer for the same amount of money that the Virus costs.

It is so exaggerated that it sounds funny... unhappy

SinSonic
PostPosted: 13 September 2010 - 00:37:46 (067)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Virus is a nice synth, Have a C here in my studio. but have to agree a bit with VanFearson, Waldorf Blofeld and Nord Lead2X will give you even more flexibilty if you want a wider range of good sound.