Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  Trance.nu Feedback  |   Page 1 of 3 | Jump To >> | Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Moderation, or the lack of it
WebmaN
PostPosted: 26 August 2010 - 20:06:24 (879)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

come on tommie, do something about the current situation please. since dancemania quit moderating i haven't seen any moderation on this site. soon this site is going to be chaos. just look at latest topics section. you know i want to help out. i think it's time for some action now..

whining old men alliance we're all pro
WebmaN is
andYMkIII
PostPosted: 26 August 2010 - 20:16:41 (886)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

WebmaN wrote:
come on tommie, do something about the current situation please. since dancemania quit moderating i haven't seen any moderation on this site. soon this site is going to be chaos.

+1

WebmaN wrote:
you know i want to help out.

+1, i'll gladly help out.

a'ndY pres. Entrancing Melodies on DiscoverTrance
Next Episode: Oct 4, 18 CET
andYMkIII R.I.P. trance.nu, thanks for everything, I had a great time here :,(
MooNiE
PostPosted: 26 August 2010 - 20:37:42 (901)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I agree with WebmaN and Andy, this site starts to look like a mess. I know we're still enjoying the summer time but the bots and the trolls are never on holidays. I can help too if you want!

PostPosted: 26 August 2010 - 21:24:16 (933)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

MooNiE wrote:
I agree with WebmaN and Andy, this site starts to look like a mess. I know we're still enjoying the summer time but the bots and the trolls are never on holidays. I can help too if you want!

thumbsup +1

but if tommie agrees, there will be more active mods than regular users puh

imtryinmybest
PostPosted: 26 August 2010 - 21:29:14 (936)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

DM always mods....and unfairly most of the time

hellosam
PostPosted: 26 August 2010 - 21:31:10 (938)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

imtryinmybest wrote:

He left unhappy

Id rather have someone overly protective of the site then no one looking out for it at all......honestly if twan wasnt doing what he had been doing for years now this site probably would have gone to shit even quicker.

we need someone i agree unhappy ill be so sad if t.nu goes down the drains!

PostPosted: 26 August 2010 - 21:34:09 (940)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

lets make every user a moderator puh

but yeah, Twan did most of the moderating job and you'd probably need at least 2 ppl to replace him. I'm sure there are enough who could do it.

[img]http://economy.kansascity.com/files/images/arrow-up.preview.jpg[/img] [size=9][i]put this in your signature![/i][/size]
*Maickel* | Update your status...
dancemania
PostPosted: 26 August 2010 - 21:36:50 (942)  Reply with quote
T.nu Staff

imtryinmybest wrote:

Ah, we have a new volunteer I see! Good luck! newbie

Join the Ferry Corsten forum!!! : www.ferrycorsten.com/forum
dancemania Check http://www.twitter.com/TranceClassics for the best trance classics!
andYMkIII
PostPosted: 26 August 2010 - 22:19:16 (971)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

*Maickel* wrote:

I had the same idea, and it's actually a good one - if you make it a little bit like a Wiki, something like that: Anyone can edit, move, delete posts (except new users obviously), so the forum stays clean. Obviously, when it comes to problems between forum members, there need to be "real" mods, who have the last word. If a member abuses this system, he gets banned from it.

WebmaN
PostPosted: 26 August 2010 - 23:05:12 (003)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

andYMkIII wrote:
*Maickel* wrote:

I had the same idea, and it's actually a good one - if you make it a little bit like a Wiki, something like that: Anyone can edit, move, delete posts (except new users obviously), so the forum stays clean. Obviously, when it comes to problems between forum members, there need to be "real" mods, who have the last word. If a member abuses this system, he gets banned from it.

i'm afraid this wouldn't work. there would be too much bureacracy and stuff.

there are 2 possibilities

A) the current moderators will have to get active again and need to visit the site more regularly

B) there should be at least one, preferably two new moderators be chosen. it would be good if those new mods are respected users who know the site in and out.

anyway, there needs to be something done. i've put myself forward several times, tommie never replied. it looks like they don't care about this site anymore. i can name a few members who would do great as moderator. but no, nothing happens.

WebmaN is
Quethas
PostPosted: 26 August 2010 - 23:18:56 (013)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I guess we need two long-term users to moderators. The situation is getting out of control soon.

-> Que's review topic <-
Quethas thinks that less is more
andYMkIII
PostPosted: 26 August 2010 - 23:25:00 (017)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

WebmaN wrote:
andYMkIII wrote:
*Maickel* wrote:

i'm afraid this wouldn't work. there would be too much bureacracy and stuff.

negative nancy is being negative puh i'm kidding, maybe you're right. just for the record, it wasn't meant specifically for t.nu, that'd be way too much work, it was just a general idea how forums could work in the future happy

anyway, why not bring some democracy here, anyone who wants to do the job, and is a long time member and respected by most members here can apply, then we vote. (in case admins are too busy to decide who should become a moderator)

Hexfire
PostPosted: 26 August 2010 - 23:40:44 (028)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I've checked it out on my own/on myself what is it to be a moderator of a community which involves things you're very passionate about. Having no privileges doesn't mean any inferiority at all, and more often it works the other way around. When you're a common user you are free to express yourself in any manner you will, which barely holds true when you appear as a moderator. I've been assigned moderator rights over @ psyreactor about a month ago which vastly and unexpectedly affected both the attitude to your own behavior and attitude to whole thing, forums, posts. There's nothing to be any sort of being proud about. So those thinking they're going to have their hour of triumph should think damn twice (I would say). I'm feeling clamped and guilty when I realize I haven't visited psyreactor for a week. Feeling when you realize you're no longer here to enjoy your stay, but do something which *slightly* resembles responsibility, is a very entertaining feeling.

Whoever this is going to be, have a nice flight! happy

Last edited by Hexfire on 26 August 2010 - 23:43:53 (030); edited 1 time in total

“Universal Assemblage Point”
Hexfire is invulnerable.
WebmaN
PostPosted: 26 August 2010 - 23:40:51 (028)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

i vote for twan.

seriously, we could do this andy. but has t.nu ever used democracy when it comes to administrating this site? puh. it would only work if tommie approves it.

WebmaN is
WebmaN
PostPosted: 26 August 2010 - 23:44:12 (030)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Hexfire wrote:
I've checked it out on my own/on myself what is it to be a moderator of a community which involves things you're very passionate about. Having no privileges doesn't mean any inferiority at all, and more often it works the other way around. When you're a common user you are free to express yourself in any manner you will, which barely holds true when you appear as a moderator. I've been assigned moderator rights over @ psyreactor about a month ago which vastly and unexpectedly of affected both the attitude to your own behavior and attitude to whole thing, forums, posts. There's nothing to be any sort of being proud about. So those thinking they're going to have their hour of triumph should think damn twice. I'm feeling clamped and guilty when I realize I haven't visited psyreactor for a week.

Whoever this is going to be, have a nice flight! happy

i've thought of that too, but the only reason for me to apply for the job of mod here on t.nu was because i saw that the site was going downhill, even before twan quit. i really don't know if would be a good mod or anything, but i do wanna help out. i love this site.

maybe i'm lucky tommie never replied puh.

WebmaN is