Users online: 0

Guests online: 88
Total online: 88
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  How do I produce?  |   Page 3 of 3 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Discover kick, in few steps
jdzzz
PostPosted: 20 July 2010 - 07:45:36 (365)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

A well laid out tutorial, but the only issue I have with this is that if that sort of effort and processing was used to make one kick sound, with that many samples, perhaps people aren't starting with the right sample material in the first place. When I worked under more experienced engineers the first lesson I learned was to get the source material right, without too much processing.

Having said that I understand that in EDM you do need to layer kicks and snares, it just seems a bit over the top to require 7 bands of EQ, compression, and renaissance stuff, all from WAVES (an expensive array of plugins), just to make a kick drum sound. Especially when ten years ago, producers were plugging in from an analog drum machine straight into a desk with zero processing, and getting great results.
AlbertoCastillo
PostPosted: 11 August 2010 - 01:21:30 (098)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Hello

Could someone reupload the file? I am trying to remake the same using FPC on FL Studio to learn a bit about drum layering

Also is it needed to use Waves Q8 Paragraphic Equalizer? (Now it's Q10) instead of Parametric EQ2?

Also, my gain on FPC shows as in %, should this matter at all?

Thank you.
andexxx
PostPosted: 31 August 2010 - 22:21:42 (973)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

imo the vengeance kicks are just great. there are tons of them and they are imo more or less all useable.

I rarely to almost never use layering since these kicks are fine from scratch.

have tried layering kicks before but its a drag an takes way too much time to find the right sound. So much easier to be able to browse through library until the right one pops up.