Notification

Latest Topics
<  Review Discussion  |   Page 2 of 2 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2
Trance Energy 2009
dancemania
PostPosted: 25 March 2009 - 01:45:06 (114)  Reply with quote
T.nu Staff

RebeL9 wrote:
I got lost in the text. What does "too much banging music" mean?
What is banging music for type of music? So trance can't be banging?
This is confusing.

I didn't said that trance can't be banging, but there was not a lot of uplifting / euphoric trance, it was more pumping / hard / banging or however you want to call it. The people above you seem to understand it, so I think my description was not that strange wink

I hope this helps! cheers

Join the Ferry Corsten forum!!! : www.ferrycorsten.com/forum
dancemania Check http://www.twitter.com/TranceClassics for the best trance classics!
RebeL9
PostPosted: 25 March 2009 - 11:36:53 (525)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

didn't know the people you mentioned plays hardtrance! UGH! Hardtrance is back!
RebeL9 raggadish!
dancemania
PostPosted: 25 March 2009 - 12:21:10 (556)  Reply with quote
T.nu Staff

Well, it was not hardtrance, but "harder" trance, but absolutely not the euphoric / uplifting stuff.

dancemania Check http://www.twitter.com/TranceClassics for the best trance classics!
AzaraT
PostPosted: 25 March 2009 - 16:34:36 (732)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

This was my first trance energy and I must say, I was a bit disapointed by the music as well. John O Callaghan was ok, but quite boring, armin and paul van dyk as well (though I didn't stay too long for armins and pauls set). The lasers at the main stage was amazing though happy

I saw First State at the future stage and I think they did a quite good job. At least I enjoyed their performence the most that night. The MC was really annoying at this stage too, ruining the breaks unhappy

I understand what you mean about banging, there was a time where there was only banging tech trance etc playing.

But had a quite nice night anyway happy

Looking to buy Airbase - One Tear Away (12", Gre) !
dancemania
PostPosted: 26 March 2009 - 22:02:10 (959)  Reply with quote
T.nu Staff

The Trance Energy 2009 after movie is online as well now!

http://www.trance-energy.nl/te2009/video/

arsenijcz2
PostPosted: 27 March 2009 - 02:50:37 (160)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

great night, awesome review.
best part was seeing all my friends happy

freeloop
PostPosted: 28 March 2009 - 04:03:48 (210)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Nice reading Twan. But I have to say that the MC on the future stage was the best MC I've heard. Not a big fan of MC's in general, but Francois really knew the music and put me in a good mood. The real nightmare started when a screaming girl took over the mic down

I had a ball during Trance Energy. Gielen, bas&ram and Aly&Fila all did a great set. You missed a "banging" start from Bas&Ram. I know that the four first tracks they played would put a smile on your face grin2
freeloop is happy!
dancemania
PostPosted: 28 March 2009 - 13:49:49 (617)  Reply with quote
T.nu Staff

freeloop wrote:
Nice reading Twan. But I have to say that the MC on the future stage was the best MC I've heard. Not a big fan of MC's in general, but Francois really knew the music and put me in a good mood.

Francois was not the MC at the Future Stage, he was at the Classics Stage wink

DJ_Domingo
PostPosted: 30 March 2009 - 08:11:32 (383)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Quote:
To be honest, Trance Energy 2009 was a bit disappointing for me

that's because you guys missed the Paul Van Dyk's amazing set tunage tunage

WarBorg
PostPosted: 02 April 2009 - 00:40:55 (070)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

hello from Romania,

very nice review and I totally agree with you on the hole "banging" trance thing, that's why I stayed 80% of my time at the classics stage and I can tell you this, I was NOT disappointed of my choice grin2 Bas&Ram, Talla 2XLC even Yved DeRuyter played awesome sets, but the highlight for me was Scot Project, although he had 2 or 3 weird tracks in his mix (very oldies grin2 ), it was such a blast ... I am sorry I missed Fila but wasn't even sure he will be playing since he was nowhere to be found on the huge line-up display nor in that pocket booklet happy

cheers and waiting for TE 2010 grin2
WarBorg is in love
IvoNinja
PostPosted: 04 April 2009 - 07:39:09 (360)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Hi from Slovakia, this was my 4th Trance Energy that I visited and I was quite disappointed as well. Most of time I spent on mainstage but the biggest disappointment for me was set of Armin Van Buuren. As dancemania mentioned in his report - I also missed euphoric / uplifting trance which I was expecting and which I came for. I also missed color lasers (there were only green) and also pyro show wasn't so exciting like on previous TE. But If I compare TE 08 with 09, TE 08 had much better sets, TE 09 was quite boring for me. I hope TE 2010 will be as good as was for example TE 06 or 08. See you next year.
EsseT
PostPosted: 03 July 2009 - 04:52:54 (245)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

i have to disagree..to my experience the crowd just stood and filmed the dj all the time, and it was when the banging songs were playing, the whole crowd exploded into a dance frenzy happy..
IvoNinja
PostPosted: 03 July 2009 - 05:49:46 (284)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I just compared it with previous editions of TE and IMHO TE 08 had the best DJ sets and also the best atmosphere ever! grin2 At TE 08 I didn't have any reason to leave mainstage because DJs played absolutely great, especially Tiesto totally rocked the floor, that means no else could play more energetic after his amazing set. TE 09 just had very often boring tracks with no energy or strange melodies. I just love old school trance and in these times is just few new songs which are as good as were those in the past around years 1999-2005. But at TE 08 DJs selected just really high quality tracks in their sets and I really appreciated that. For me was TE 09 quite boring, I hope I'm not demanding too much and TE 2010 will be great again like was TE 08, we will see. See you. cool
pennynoosh
PostPosted: 20 December 2009 - 04:19:25 (221)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

HA HA I'm posting this soooo late only cuz I wanted to read the review for trance energy 09 since I thought I may be able to make it to TE 2010.

So I didn't go to TE 09 but I listened to it live online. ALL I gotta say is that PVD killllled it. BUT I agree about the MC being super annoying. I mean I am from Toronto, Canada. The trance energy MC sounded like one of these hip hop MC's in north america. SO F**&&ing annoying.

I THOUGH TO MYSELF OMG, if I were there I would go punch that MC out cuz I didn't come all the way here to A TRANCE PARTY IN EUROPE and get a HIP HOP DJ who is ruining the music for me....OMG SO ANNOYING ...

PLEASE DO NO ALLOW THIS BS IN A TRANCE PARTY ... JUST RUINS THE ENTIRE ATMOSPHERE AND THE ENTIRE DJ SET ...aaaawww

EW EW EW....I hope in 2010 they wont allow such a thing. I will be listening online cuz I probably wont be able to make it again this year...hopefully in 2011 happy