Users online: 0

Guests online: 98
Total online: 98
Guestbook
Guestbook
Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  How do I produce?  |   Page 3 of 4 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Software recommendation
WakkaTraxx
PostPosted: 01 April 2009 - 20:22:45 (890)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I use Reason 4 rewired through Ableton Live. Both have such great sounds, but Live is much more flexible when working with vocals and loops.

I'd also recommend that people buy music magazines like Computer Music. They come with CDs jammed with free VSTs and samples. Some are pretty crap, but you could find some nice gems that are as good as some of the expensive VSTs.

www.myspace.com/frostbytesounds
http://www.bebo.com/FrostbyteMusic
WakkaTraxx says goodbye
Hexfire
PostPosted: 01 April 2009 - 21:24:44 (933)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

So I assume that I'm only who opted for Nuendo?

“Universal Assemblage Point”
Hexfire is invulnerable.
JohanP
PostPosted: 04 April 2009 - 00:19:55 (055)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Most people probably already know this, but Ableton Live 8 has begun shipping cheers

http://www.ableton.com

or

http://www.ableton.com/live-8-whats-new

JohanP is Cataracta
cgar
PostPosted: 14 April 2009 - 20:43:19 (905)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I'm really diggn' Nexus2 these days. It's got great preset and you can now tweak the individual layers to your hearts content.

UAD Moog Filter is really working too.

www.cgarmusic.com
www.myspace.com/cgarridomusic
calgarc
PostPosted: 08 June 2009 - 07:33:57 (356)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

nothin like a nice linux version of ardour with vst support compiled in there. nexus and omnisphere of course.

but i just can't stop using ableton
popemorgasmxxvi
PostPosted: 23 July 2009 - 21:06:38 (921)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

ahhhhh gotta love ableton 8 lol
Idonotlikebroccoli
PostPosted: 05 August 2009 - 16:26:20 (726)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Idonotlikebroccoli wrote:
Also, I got Spectrasonics' new synth Omnisphere some weeks ago. I haven't really gotten in depth with it yet, but after discovering the sample source section, I've enjoyed it very much happy The strings and choirs sound fantastic

First problem: lack of "bread and butter sounds". There are little usable pianos for me, and there aren't as many orchestral sounds as I had hoped for. Many of the most commonly found sounds on keyboards aren't here.

Second problem: Sounds take ages to load, YAWN!

Third and biggest problem: While I was correct about it sounding amazing, it makes ableton's cpu hit more than 100% all the bloody time (forcing me to restart the program), on my quad core 2.83ghz 4gb ram windows xp computer! All other softsynths run perfectly. I'm thinking about selling Omnisphere, and investing in a Yamaha MO6 instead.

Other than that, I'll repeat again that Ableton Live still is an amazing piece of software. The interface is perfect for me and my way of working.

Idonotlikebroccoli "Sama" by Ishq: Maybe my new favourite album of 2010.
DeanThomas
PostPosted: 05 August 2009 - 20:46:35 (907)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Currently using FL Studio 8 Producer Edition.

But I am seriously looking into getting Ableton Live 8. Once I've saved up the money, it's definitely on my shopping list.

Just by fiddling with the demo, the sound produced in Ableton sounds cleaner and crisper than FL.

MiloshV92
PostPosted: 13 September 2009 - 16:01:58 (709)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Hah, i am using FL Studio 8 XXL Professional Edition with almost 10 GB's of plug ins , and downloading omnisphere as i write this. Does any famous producer use this program?-I mean FL studio. The only reason i use this is because of simplicity and interface ,otherwise , effects and plug ins you get with FL are bad, exept 3xosc . With that you can make everything you want only if you know how. I'm not a producer just a 17 year old kid in love with trance music. grin2. I have 3 finished trance songs and 16 more unfinished. The main problems are mastering and effects. I know mastering , but not like trance producers, probably they do it in their studios, and i amdoing it on my home computer(200$). I can't imagine what could i do only if i had a real studio. If anyone is interested to hear my songs contact me at [email protected] and i can send the songs. I just want to hear do i have enough talent for continuing or i should quit the whole thing. Those songs are ok , they are not just unc unc unc unc...
Anakratis
PostPosted: 02 October 2009 - 05:37:26 (275)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Tone2 Gladiator 2

A revolution in synthesis!

The award winning Gladiator gives you a groundbreaking approach to sound generation. Its exclusive HCM synthesis technique, covers new and unique aural territory, only possible with Gladiator. The innovative synthesis, design and unmatched sound quality, make this not only the perfect instrument, but also the best virtual synthesizer and go-to instrument for all those looking for the ultimate creative tool.

Oscillators

Gladiator is one of the most powerful synthesizers ever created and supports an exhaustive list of synthesis methods. All synthesis types can be combined freely to create new and exciting sounds.

Synthesis types supported by Gladiator 2 are:

* Tone2's award winning Harmonic Content Morphing synthesis (HCM),
* Frequency Modulation (FM)
* Pulse Width Modulation (PWM)
* Analog osciallators
* Resynthesized instruments
* Vocoder sounds
* Oscillator sync
* Phase Distortion
* Amplitude Modulation (AM)
* Phase Modulation
* Waveshaping
* Super-saw
* Additive synthesis
* Sample playback.

Additionally existing osciallators can be morphed or 'modified' with special algorithms to alter the sound.
Gladiator supports up to 18 oscillators per voice with 4x stereo unison and crystal clear sound quality.

Filters

The analog modeled filter section uses high-end quality stereo filters, most of which are exclusive to Tone2 products.
Gladiator 2 ships with 40 different filter types: Moog, Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Vocals, Comb, EQ, FM, AM,
Phaser, Resample, Analog, ...

Sounds

Gladiator 2 ships with an inspiring library of 1105 outstanding presets from top sound designers. Besides that a variety of expansion banks is available to further expand Gladiator's features and preset library. All sounds are arranged into categories for easy access to the sound you require.

Effects

Gladiator 2 comes with an impressive reverb that offers a warm sound similar to high-end hardware units. 37 different stereo effects are included, all carefully crafted to offer the highest quality possible:
Reverbs, Delays, Flanger, Phaser, Chorus, Ensemble, Rotary, Bitcrusher, Talkbox, Ringmod, Tube Amp, Dolby
Prologic II compatible surround encoding, Waveshaper, Pingpong, Filters, ...

Modulation

Gladiator 2 has a powerful and flexible modulation section which is easy to setup. The analog modeled envelopes sound punchy. LFOs offer 22 different waveforms and can be synced to BPM. The Step LFO's design was inspired by the old analog step sequencers and can be used to create rhythmic sequences and trance gates.
With 'midi-learn' you can assign your hardware controller with a single mouse click.

Psychoacoustic processing

The exclusive IQM algorithm (Intelligent Microtuning) makes the synthesizer sound fatter and cleaner by automatically detuning notes for lush chords.
The innovative phase modulator module in the OSC section is based on the latest knowledge in phonetic science. It makes a digital spectrum sound warm, silky and analogue.
A special post-processing module in Gladiator mimics effects of the human ear. It creates deeper basses and more transparency.

Support

This product comes with personal free support as well as frequent, free updates to improvements, new features and new sounds.

What is the advantage compared to other synthesizers?

* True high-end quality: Analog, warm, crystal clear, rich sound
* New synthesis method (HCM)
* New unique sounds which no other synthesizer can create
* Huge sonic range
* Boundless possibilities
* Psychoacoustic processing
* Different synthesis methods can be combined freely
* Flexibility, expandability
* Easy to use
* Low CPU and high reliability
* 1105 professional preset sounds included
* Gladiator can replace a room full of hardware
* Detailed handbook in 5 languages
* Excellent value for the money

People may say it sounds a little digital, but I love the new HCM Synthesis!

http://tone2.com/html/gladiator_2_vsti_au_synthesize.html
Creative
PostPosted: 30 October 2009 - 00:01:12 (042)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

i recently discovered ToraVerb

http://www.d16.pl/toraverb

it's a reverb for that "WOW" effect
i like its sound, it's natural tunage

PostPosted: 07 November 2009 - 23:50:07 (034)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Reaper is a DAW that really rocks. Its a bit complicated first, but worth the chicken.

With Zebra2 its a killer combo. Zebra can produce almost every sound that most of us need.
(names are links)

Idonotlikebroccoli
PostPosted: 07 December 2009 - 18:44:40 (822)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Also, I got Spectrasonics' new synth Omnisphere some weeks ago. I haven't really gotten in depth with it yet, but after discovering the sample source section, I've enjoyed it very much happy The strings and choirs sound fantastic

First problem: lack of "bread and butter sounds". There are little usable pianos for me, and there aren't as many orchestral sounds as I had hoped for. Many of the most commonly found sounds on keyboards aren't here.

Second problem: Sounds take ages to load, YAWN!

Third and biggest problem: While I was correct about it sounding amazing, it makes ableton's cpu hit more than 100% all the bloody time (forcing me to restart the program), on my quad core 2.83ghz 4gb ram windows xp computer! All other softsynths run perfectly. I'm thinking about selling Omnisphere, and investing in a Yamaha MO6 instead.

Other than that, I'll repeat again that Ableton Live still is an amazing piece of software. The interface is perfect for me and my way of working.

1. The sound library is a bit better now with the latest update. I use my keyboard for the more ordinary sounds now anyway

2. Sounds don't take as long to load as they used to

3. With the latest update, this is no longer an issue for me. It's now running smoothly, although it's a little slow to open if you're trying to open it while a song is playing.

So, I can finally say that Omnisphere rocks. I'm glad the instability has gone away, and that I didn't waste my money happy

Idonotlikebroccoli "Sama" by Ishq: Maybe my new favourite album of 2010.
Igneous01
PostPosted: 08 March 2010 - 04:50:59 (243)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

redsun wrote:
Reaper is a DAW that really rocks. Its a bit complicated first, but worth the chicken.

With Zebra2 its a killer combo. Zebra can produce almost every sound that most of us need.
(names are links)

i totally agree, i used fl for a while but once i learned reaper i was just wowed by its features and design. only thing i find annoying with it is making percussion and the stereo enhance plugins... but everything else is great on it
Igneous01 trance is alot like soccer.... greatness only happens once every 4 years...96-00-04-08
redsun
PostPosted: 08 March 2010 - 12:18:26 (554)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Igneous01 wrote:
redsun wrote:

(names are links)

i totally agree, i used fl for a while but once i learned reaper i was just wowed by its features and design. only thing i find annoying with it is making percussion and the stereo enhance plugins... but everything else is great on it

I had the same problems. But I found Grizzly VST drum machine so now i can make percs easily with midi.