Latest Topics
<  Who are they?  |   Page 3 of 3 | Jump To >> | Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Digger?
rodriguez
PostPosted: 21 June 2007 - 23:08:29 (005)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Who the fook is Digger??! lol

never has a 'who are they' lasted so long, unknown & unfound uhm_positive

Discogs doesnt hold the answer as ive persued all routes on there.

Its better just to email Casa Nostra records hehe..

www.myspace.com/magdelayna
Magdelayna - The Thoughts E.P. [Digitized Recordings] *out now*
rodriguez - Magdelayna pres. 'Moments of Energy' - Every 1st Tuesday @ 9pm GMT on Afterhours.
micra_power
PostPosted: 21 June 2007 - 23:11:11 (007)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Casa Nostra has been taken over. I can't remember but I'm fairly certain one of the majors owns the rights to the CN back catalogue, including the Digger stuff.

www.twitter.com/willmau5
Will B: Upgrade 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdnSXdrn_rs
micra_power has retired from trance.
dancemafia
PostPosted: 21 June 2007 - 23:11:20 (007)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

prolly he/them does not produce trance anymore,just some students who made few tunes for fun and have wellpaid work now...pity really coz church is work of genious.

rodriguez
PostPosted: 21 June 2007 - 23:14:09 (009)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

dancemafia wrote:
prolly he/them does not produce trance anymore,just some students who made few tunes for fun and have wellpaid work now...pity really coz church is work of genious.

hmmm that would make an interesting topic - producers who made a few good/excellent tunes and then just gave up and got a full time job puh

rodriguez - Magdelayna pres. 'Moments of Energy' - Every 1st Tuesday @ 9pm GMT on Afterhours.
rodriguez
PostPosted: 21 June 2007 - 23:18:32 (012)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

dancemafia wrote:
rodriguez wrote:
frombeyond wrote:
Funny I was just thinking of Church Of Ra earlier...

its a chooon - want to get hold of the full version - love that melody at the end....this is gonna turn into a mystery like the 'Riva' one hehe grin2

I still have full version heart ..friend got vinyl after long hunting..and for some reason this masterpiece not sold in mp stores.

arrr i want the full version of that - such an uplifting tune,the melody at the end is amazing,but it lasts about 20 seconds on the version i have unhappy - its a true underrated,forgotton trance track.

dancemafia
PostPosted: 21 June 2007 - 23:19:13 (013)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

rodriguez wrote:
dancemafia wrote:

hmmm that would make an interesting topic - producers who made a few good/excellent tunes and then just gave up and got a full time job puh

I am not saying it is ultimate truth but sure there is some who made trance when studying to be bonedrillers or construction honchos and after graduation ound no time to spend time creating tunes anymore.

rodriguez
PostPosted: 04 May 2008 - 13:19:34 (596)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

just giving this a little bump hahahah..

Is this the only 'Who are They?' topic on T.nu which is unsolved? whistling grin

come on,someone must know - someone on here must have Digger as an uncle or something lol

kittn
PostPosted: 10 September 2008 - 07:52:01 (369)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

rodriguez wrote:
just giving this a little bump hahahah..

Is this the only 'Who are They?' topic on T.nu which is unsolved? whistling grin

come on,someone must know - someone on here must have Digger as an uncle or something lol

Casa Nostra's parent label was Wyze. Unfortunately I can't find any information about them either - their website is just a place-holder and that's about it. If I was in the UK I'd call the number on the discogs page to see if it's still connected, but I'm not, so I won't. wink

I own the original Episode 1 EP 12" - Church of Ra / Nanuki. Bought it off eBay a few years ago (for about AU$75!). I don't play the actual vinyl much though, I ripped it to CD and play that instead. Just quietly, I'd happily provide anyone who wants one with a copy - is it still copyright violation if the owner of the copyright seems not to exist anymore??

I registered to trance.nu just so I could post this, so I hope it's helpful. puh
micra_power
PostPosted: 10 September 2008 - 23:37:03 (025)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Yes indeedy, Digger's music is still associated with Wyze. I made some enquiries about 3 years ago regarding Church of Ra, as I wanted to sign it for the classics disc on Wildchild mix CD I was working on. As far as I remember, the rights are owned by one of the majors (EMI/Mos/Telstar) and they weren't prepared to sell the rights or license the track without a seriously hefty advance. They gave no extra information regarding the project or who was behind it. My copy of Pure Euphoria has nothing but "produced by Digger" in the credits to help out.

For fucks sake, we want to know who it is!

www.twitter.com/willmau5
Will B: Upgrade 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdnSXdrn_rs
micra_power has retired from trance.
sleeping
PostPosted: 19 April 2009 - 16:45:09 (739)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

i dont know if you guys seen on discogs but the apperently Steven Joseph Barnes is behind the project. He released some remixes under his Monteverde-alias as late as 2007

New You Are My Salvation myspace!!
sleeping can i be your superman?
rodriguez
PostPosted: 20 April 2009 - 21:35:26 (941)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

sleeping wrote:
i dont know if you guys seen on discogs but the apperently Steven Joseph Barnes is behind the project. He released some remixes under his Monteverde-alias as late as 2007

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Digger
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Steven+Joseph+Barnes

Wow,it seems the mystery is solved!! grin wow Never heard of the guy but hes a legend in my eyes if he is in fact Digger hehe. cheers