Notification

Latest Topics
<  Artist Promotion  |   Page 1 of 2 | Jump To >> | Goto page 1, 2  Next
My remix of TiŽsto - Heroes!
DJ_Adriz
PostPosted: 14 April 2008 - 00:29:04 (061)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Hi everyone! cheers

Been working on a remix of "TiŽsto - Heroes"! The original is an awesome track, and I thought I'd give remixing it a try. Made this one a week ago or so, but I'm not sure if it's finished. If anyone wants to give it a listen, it's on my MySpace!

http://www.myspace.com/djadriz

It's nowhere near as good as the original, but I'm quite happy with how it turned out!
All feedback appreciated happy

PostPosted: 14 April 2008 - 00:48:09 (075)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Heroes is one of the most underrated tunes by TiŽsto, and I can't say I did not like this remix. No, I love it actually!
Would appreciate a 320 copy so I could play around with it in some sets, my own listening pleasure etc.

Great to see you're from Norway as well btw! happy
pittyklauss
PostPosted: 14 April 2008 - 01:00:52 (083)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Great remix of an excelent track.
good job...keep up the good work.
can I have a 320 copy?
regards,
Klauss
Kiksu
PostPosted: 14 April 2008 - 01:08:18 (089)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Awesome remix, dude!!! And the other tracks are great aswell... Banging choons. It's weird they're not signed yet.

p.s. I added you to myspace wink
Eurohawk
PostPosted: 14 April 2008 - 01:09:47 (090)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Uhm, not to be a "lyseslukker" as we say in danish (partypooper) - but please og please bear in mind that you need permission to remix such tracks, and / or release them. So before you start happily throwing 320cbs'es to every guy, make sure you have the rights from Mr. T himself, or you could get sued bigtime.

Ofcourse, i dont know whether you have permission or not, but just reminding you.
Eurohawk - Unlit Unity to be released 01.01.09 on Birdsnest (Concepcion) - www.eurohawk.dk
Alx_losy
PostPosted: 14 April 2008 - 01:12:25 (091)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Eurohawk wrote:
Uhm, not to be a "lyseslukker" as we say in danish (partypooper) - but please og please bear in mind that you need permission to remix such tracks, and / or release them. So before you start happily throwing 320cbs'es to every guy, make sure you have the rights from Mr. T himself, or you could get sued bigtime.

Ofcourse, i dont know whether you have permission or not, but just reminding you.

errrmmmmm.. you don't need permision to remix such tracks actually..

only if you release them, but let the kid have his pride.. he's not even made reference to that!!!!!!!
Alx_losy If the cat is out of the bag, what can you do?!
Eurohawk
PostPosted: 14 April 2008 - 01:33:56 (106)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Alx_losy wrote:
Eurohawk wrote:

errrmmmmm.. you don't need permision to remix such tracks actually..

only if you release them, but let the kid have his pride.. he's not even made reference to that!!!!!!!

Not trying to troll or flame at all, just making sure he wont commit a huge mistake happy
As i mention its both remixing / releasing - mainly depends on the local rules really, for example, in my country (denmark) you are not allowed to remix and share it at all, not even for noncommercial purpose.
But what im saying is, that i saw one guy who asked for it to play it live on a show or something, and that might be a reeeaally bad idea, if he's got no permission. You SHOULD be able to see why.
Eurohawk - Unlit Unity to be released 01.01.09 on Birdsnest (Concepcion) - www.eurohawk.dk
Cfg
PostPosted: 14 April 2008 - 01:45:20 (114)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

you already know what i think mate ! Stunning track tunage

Cfg BAZINGA!
KrissO
PostPosted: 14 April 2008 - 02:40:06 (152)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

A track remixed without the artists permission is called a bootleg happy

Lydhus
PostPosted: 14 April 2008 - 03:29:33 (187)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

NIce remix/bootleg you got there. Much better than original imo happy

and nice to see your from Moss puh thats only a 45 min drive + 20 min boat from Larvik hehe

//Sinfour

Lydhus aka Sinfour | Issues | Pure Touch | White Penguin
Dalh
PostPosted: 14 April 2008 - 09:48:00 (450)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Lydhus wrote:
NIce remix/bootleg you got there. Much better than original imo happy

and nice to see your from Moss puh thats only a 45 min drive + 20 min boat from Larvik hehe

//Sinfour

You're from Larvik?. Great. I'm from Sandefjord puh

[/OT]
DJ_Adriz
PostPosted: 14 April 2008 - 11:19:50 (513)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Wow, thanks for all the nice feedback grin

I'd love to share the full version with the people asking, but after what Eurohawk said, I'm not sure if i should ask for permission from Magik Muzik or something first? Will i even get a reply if i ask them? Anyone know the rules regarding remixes like this one?

Also, whatup all Norwegians in this thread! grin Larvik isn't far away! Been there a few times happy

PostPosted: 14 April 2008 - 12:42:29 (571)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Hey Adriz happy
I'll try simplify the rules abit.
- and rest of you, don't try to tell me I'm wrong, I work with theese rules at a daily basis. 's my job.

1) You are allowed to use any melody (called dubbing) in your own track, or use any sample (called sampling) in your own track, or any theme (called remixing) - as long as this is solely for personal use.

2) You are allowed to use any sample in your track for commercial use, if you pay the correct royalties to the original owner.

3) You are allowed to release and distribute commercial remixes / dubs if you get the rights from the owner (as in, on a written piece of paper).

4) Bootlegs are a lame excuse, since the original meaning of a bootleg is making a remix of a track that is NOT meant for use, but as a request to the original artist to ask "See what i can do, can i make an actual remix of your track?"

-> In all it's simplicity, here are a few rules for you

You CAN share the track with friends and family (Mind this: Friends and Family. You should always be able to argue in court why people are your friends - therefore, random people doesn't count as friends), but then are not allowed to pass it on.
You CANNOT share the track with random people from trance.nu - also, this is considered commercial since you are actually "releasing" the track on a "public service" with a socalled CC-license (Do not flame me, I'm right)
You CANNOT share the track for commercial purposes
You CANNOT (and this includes the rest of you) play the track on a weekly podcast, radioshow, onlinestream etc.
You CANNOT put up the track on you page for streaming (as you do on myspace) - unless you have permission from n©b to do so. (This even means you are not allowed to have your OWN music on your OWN website, unless you fill out a formular and tell them so.) - Yes, again, i know nobody really cares bout it, and that it's done all the time, even i do it - but it's the actual rules.
You CAN give away - and use for commercial purposes - your track if it does not succeed 30seconds of length
You CANNOT sell it online or in private unless you have the proper permissions from the label or artist from which it was released

- Theese are the ACTUAL rules. Some A&R's, artists etc. take them a bit lightly, but however, if you REALLY want to make sure you have all your formalities straight, a email saying "Yes, you can use my melody" is simply not enough. I know alot do, and it probably wont do much, but to be 110% bulletproof you need it on a written piece of paper.

I hope this simplifies it all abit. Again, i know this for fact, since its my job to do so.
You are welcome to decide on yourself which rules you take lightly, but you seemed very curious about the rules, and there they are.
Eurohawk
PostPosted: 14 April 2008 - 12:44:04 (572)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

DJ_Adriz wrote:
Will i even get a reply if i ask them?

They are not obliged to give you a reply, and it's always a no untill they say yes - however, most people do reply when somebody asks for permission to use something they own the rights to.
Ask them in a proper manner, and im sure they will reply proper too wink
DJ_Adriz
PostPosted: 15 April 2008 - 00:59:19 (082)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Well, it seems Black Hole didn't like it, so I've taken it off MySpace.

Oh well, thanks to the people who listened and gave feedback! And thanks for all the tips and advice Eurohawk, really informative stuff cheers