Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  Trance.nu Feedback  |   Page 1 of 1 | Jump To >> |
Tutorials
RichardClairemont
PostPosted: 23 June 2007 - 05:05:34 (253)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

I didn't get any bites on this one when I posted it in the how to produce thread, so maybe it might get noticed here:

Are there any updates planned to the tutorials section of this website? I've been checking it out periodically (even before I joined) and it seems to be quite hit and miss and I need help...BAD. I'm such a technical dummy...I've read almost every chapter of the FL help file/readme about 3 times now and I still just don't get it. unhappy

I'm not having any problems with the creative side of things, my music is beautiful and I'm confident that once I can nail down the technical side (effects, automation, controller linking, all that stuff that puts me to sleep and confuses the piss out of me) I can start turning out some pretty good tracks.

I'm really frustrated with it right now, because I feel like that I can't just be a musician in this genre, I have to be an engineer, a technician, and all the rest of that type of stuff that I'm just plain not good at.
RichardClairemont Adios amigos
theevolpenguin
PostPosted: 23 June 2007 - 06:45:46 (323)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

RichardClairemont wrote:
I didn't get any bites on this one when I posted it in the how to produce thread, so maybe it might get noticed here:

Are there any updates planned to the tutorials section of this website? I've been checking it out periodically (even before I joined) and it seems to be quite hit and miss and I need help...BAD. I'm such a technical dummy...I've read almost every chapter of the FL help file/readme about 3 times now and I still just don't get it. unhappy

I'm not having any problems with the creative side of things, my music is beautiful and I'm confident that once I can nail down the technical side (effects, automation, controller linking, all that stuff that puts me to sleep and confuses the piss out of me) I can start turning out some pretty good tracks.

I'm really frustrated with it right now, because I feel like that I can't just be a musician in this genre, I have to be an engineer, a technician, and all the rest of that type of stuff that I'm just plain not good at.

+1
i too would appreciate a reply
Macker
PostPosted: 23 June 2007 - 12:36:01 (566)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Well, that's what the forum is here for. I'd write plenty of tutorials, but I don't know how relevant they'd be to you as you use fruity.

Switch to cubase cheers

Intel Q6600 | 4GB Crucial Balistix RAM | Nvidia XFX GeForce 8800 GTS | 1TB+ Storage | MOTU 828MKII | Presonus Tube Pre | Rode NT1a | SM Pro Audio M-Patch 2 | Blue Sky Media Desk 2.1 | Novation KS Rack | Cubase 5 | Reason 3
Macker Goodbye trance.nu. You shall be missed
mikeyw01
PostPosted: 23 June 2007 - 18:03:46 (794)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

well im sure there are lots of producers on this forum, hundreds perhaps if not more! each using different software from fruity to cubase so hopefully everyone can contribute if they have time!

i have got ideas but i am kinda new to whole producing thing so i dont know how to put these ideas in to the software and yeah sure i can spend time messing with the software i hear its a great way to learn and i will be doing it but tutorials will also show new things which people could use and alter etc! it will just speed up people learning rate which would be great imo!

my bros trying to help too but he is busy with his own thing, not to mention he produces a different genre of music, apparantly i am "lost in translation" haah unhappy!

tutorials are a very good idea and they could be categorised for what software people is using and what vsts etc etc

x
mikeyw01 fuck off.
RichardClairemont
PostPosted: 23 June 2007 - 18:07:50 (797)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

Yea I definitely think each program, Fruity, Ableton, Logic, Reason, Cubase, MOTU, whatever you're using should at least have it's own sticky thread in the how do I produce forum because sometimes people ask questions that are very general. Or maybe start up a rule that requires the poster to put what software they're using in the subject line?
RichardClairemont Adios amigos