Events
Notification

Latest Topics
<  Trance.nu suggestions  |   Page 1 of 1 | Jump To >> |
Have regional boards as well as radiobroadcast/podcast board
Demoted
PostPosted: 13 September 2006 - 19:27:15 (852)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

You general discussion area which seems like it should be designated for musical discussion is utterly bogged down with promotional spam. An advertisement for a show in San Francisco here (despite a large portion of the board members not relying in that area), some punter advertising their podcast there, and all of this is usually spam. Spam that can be, and should be filtered out of the music discussion area. Those threads turn into pointless drivel. Maybe not even regional boards, but just one board where people can post their events in that board and label what area of the world they're going to take place.

The general discussion section is just far too random and unorganized. The last thing a music discussion board needs is advertisements all over the place beyond the borders of the page.
Naij
PostPosted: 13 September 2006 - 19:30:08 (854)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

nah

this aint ta

and there was an event calendar in the previous version
WebmaN
PostPosted: 13 September 2006 - 19:38:50 (860)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

advertisements are OR spam and need to be deleted immediately or are to be posted in the artist promotion section. if the topic is about a party, why can't it be in the general discussion?

a forum also needs to look clean and easy to surf. if there are to much sub forums it would be just to hard to find topics and the topics will die out much faster than now.

regional sub forums are not something for this board. one of the main goals of this site is that it has an international appeal. the part that you can talk with people with the same interest from all over the world is what most people keeps dragging them to this site.

and as naij said, there used to be a party calendar on the main profile page in V3.5. it was designed for your own area. i hope this will come back in V4.

the forums are good the way the are atm imo.

whining old men alliance we're all pro
WebmaN is
Ree
PostPosted: 14 September 2006 - 01:15:08 (093)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

WebmaN wrote:
advertisements are OR spam and need to be deleted immediately or are to be posted in the artist promotion section. if the topic is about a party, why can't it be in the general discussion?

a forum also needs to look clean and easy to surf. if there are to much sub forums it would be just to hard to find topics and the topics will die out much faster than now.

regional sub forums are not something for this board. one of the main goals of this site is that it has an international appeal. the part that you can talk with people with the same interest from all over the world is what most people keeps dragging them to this site.

and as naij said, there used to be a party calendar on the main profile page in V3.5. it was designed for your own area. i hope this will come back in V4.

the forums are good the way the are atm imo.

+1... but i think the party calendar should be international and not in the same was as it was.. (looking, searching, finding out the party isn't on the list.. blablabla)

btw i still feel this site is awesome..
WebmaN
PostPosted: 14 September 2006 - 01:25:44 (101)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

i think regional party agenda is much better. i don't need to know that dj bumfuck is playing at the shithole arena in humperville, texas wink. regional agenda's can be much bigger with smaller parties. so you can find more of your likings. putting allll the parties in one big agenda will make it more difficult to search for one in your own area. and regional agenda's could be easily organised, as it has been before.

whining old men alliance we're all pro
WebmaN is
Ree
PostPosted: 14 September 2006 - 01:39:35 (110)  Reply with quote
T.nu Member

WebmaN wrote:
i think regional party agenda is much better. i don't need to know that dj bumfuck is playing at the shithole arena in humperville, texas wink. regional agenda's can be much bigger with smaller parties. so you can find more of your likings. putting allll the parties in one big agenda will make it more difficult to search for one in your own area. and regional agenda's could be easily organised, as it has been before.

true, but i know all the parties in our country.. if you look at dutch websites who show parties (in the whole country) you can have pretty good view what is going on.. maybe traveling to that place as well..

Imo you can easily put all the parties on one page... in that way trance.nu stays global.. i love to see how the scene is all over the world and knowing that for example armin or a&b are playing in NY, or Brasil this weekend..